“Great Place!!!”
Review of Beachside Resort

Beachside Resort
Ranked #9 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My husband and I stayed with our 2 daughters from 6/14/14 to 6/17/14. We had a wonderful stay!!!! Room was spacious and clean and a great view of the pool and beach. Staff was very helpful and friendly. The location is great and it is away from all the congestion assoctiated with Panama City. I loved the on sight washer/dryers!!! Will definately stay here again!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Carla S
John L, General Manager at Beachside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Carla -
Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your recent stay. I'm happy to read that you all had a wonderful time. We can't wait to see you all again.

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Great family resort! We came with three kids ( ages 12,10, and 1). The location was nice because it was away from the crowds. With three kids it was nice to be away from crowds. The pool was never overly crowded, we were able to get a table for lunch each day. The pool was a nice size and very clean. The kiddie pool was great for our toddler. We liked the size of the rooms because we were able to fit our toddler's playpen for bed time comfortably. The noise at night was minimal, beds were very comfortable and it was very convenient to the pool and beach. The staff at the front desk were very friendly and professional. We also enjoyed the new reef bar by the pool! And they even have virgin drinks for the kids. We will definitely stay here again! Great vacation spot!

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Jana C

Jana --
I wanted to thank you for posting some feedback about your recent stay. I'm so glad you and your family had a great stay. I'm also glad to read that you got a chance to try out our new Reef Poolside Bar. It's a great spot to grab a cool beverage whether you just want a slushy or something a bit more grown up. Again, thank you so much for sharing and we can't wait to see you and your family again.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

My husband and I along with my grandaughter and niece stayed her for $ days! Had a great time loved the staff clean rooms clean outdoor pools right on the beach! Only down size but was a plus too us it is not with in walking distance tp alot of area resturants ect. Be we didnt mind that we injoy the quitness of the room.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 510 love it!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Sherry M
John L, General Manager at Beachside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Thank you so much for your kind remarks. I'm so glad you had a great time. We can't wait to see you again, 510 will be waiting.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

We stayed there over Memorial Day '14. We arrived early and they let us into the room when we arrived. While this is an older hotel, the rooms have been updated and are very nice. The room was very large and besides the King Size bed, we had a chair, desk, dresser, and small kitchen area that included a refrigerator, sink and microwave. It overlooked the gulf and had a great balcony. We will definitely go back !! As others have said, the elevators are not the greatest, but that certainly did not detract from a great stay.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for the rooms in the tower.
4  Thank BeachbumRaleigh_NC
John L, General Manager at Beachside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

I wanted to thank you for sharing your thoughts about your recent stay. I'm so glad you had a great time. Memorial Day was wonderful this year, the weather and the the water were both great. I'm so glad you had a chance to enjoy it. Again, thanks so much for posting your feedback and we can't wait to see you again.

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I came hereto meet some of my family for a long weekend. They trusted me to make reservations and, because prices in the area skyrocketed for the holiday weekend, this sas all we could afford. At first I was very disappointed in the room, because of the very awkward bedroom arrangement. How the heck do you choose who gets the window view? Turns out the window view wasnt so great, due to partiers in the spa at all hours of the night. The other very unworkable thing in the room was the shower. There was no tub, only a stand up stall shower - - and a tiny one at that! I literally had to open the curtain and stick my leg out of the shower to wash my feet, and I couldn't lift my arms at all. There was only one chair, not even the desk had a chair! Other than that, it was good enough for a beach stay. It was nice to have the full fridge and microwave and the location for us was ideal, near camp Helen and away from the busy areas. The pool is decent and the beach was clean. The chair rental guy was really annoying, if you sat too close to his chairs he would keep trying to convince you to rent from him at $40 for a day!! No thanks!! The breakfast place across the street was amazing. I wouldn't stay here again for the price I paid but I'm pretty sure it was at least double the normal rate because of the holiday.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank myfloridalife
John L, General Manager at Beachside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback about your holiday weekend stay. First, guest feedback is one of the best tools we have and seeing the hotel through the eyes of our guests. Again, thank you.

I'm sorry that you were unhappy with your room. The hotel was totally remodeled last year, but one of the items we were unable to change was the layout of the some of the rooms. You mentioned the 2 Room 2 Queen room. Much of the building is poured concrete and adjusting the layout of the rooms was not possible. This also made changing the bathrooms very problematic.

Again, thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Booked room for a one night stay for me and my husband. Hotel was a bit run down but the rooms were very nice. The main issue we had was the elevator, needs some work for sure. Very friendly staff, easy check in and out. Rates were reasonable and the hotel was on the quite end of the beach.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms have excellent views
3  Thank Brandy D

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about our resort. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. We;ve contacted our elevator repair vendor to insure that everything is working as intended. Again, thank you for staying and providing some feedback. We hope to see you again, very soon.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

I booked this hotel to celebrate my 9 year anniversary with my husband. I was pleasantly surprised at how nice the rooms were. The best part about this hotel is that it is off the beaten path and that most of the rooms have a balcony that overlooks the gulf. the only downside to this resort was the elevator. It definitely needed some TLC and my hubby and I joked about whether we would make it to our room. After the first trip, we decided to take the stairs and were satsfied. We will definitely stay here again!

3  Thank supermom449

Thank you so much for leaving some feedback about your recent stay. I so glad that you had a great time. I have spoken with our maintenance department, they assure me that the elevator vendor is on the way to insure that that everything is tip top with our people mover. Again, thank you so much for staying and congrats on your anniversary.