“Beautiful and affordable experience away from the crowds”

Beachside Resort Panama City Beach
Ranked #10 of 49 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Reviewed 19 July 2014

My husband and our two teenagers stayed at the Beachside Resort from July 14th to the 17th in the two queen rooms set-up. We were on the third floor, which gave us a great view of the beach right over the top of the palm trees. The first morning we were there, there was a thunderstorm moving in, and a beautiful rainbow appeared over the beach. It was breath-taking! The next day, we had a pod of dolphins swim by the beach, only about 10 yards away from some swimmers.
The room itself was clean, nicely painted, and well-appointed with an amazing view. There was a very large picture window, and the balcony had two chairs and a little table on it. It was wonderful sitting out on the balcony during that thunderstorm that went through; we stayed dry and still got to savor the view! There was a full size refrigerator in the room which came in handy for us to store leftovers and drinks. The only downside of the way the suite was set up was that the bathroom had a very small shower stall.
If we visit Panama City Beach again, we will definitely stay again at the Beachside Resort. I had spent quite a bit of time reading reviews in search of a reasonably-priced but still nice resort on the beach, and I am very pleased I chose the Beachside Resort!

Room Tip: Choose a room with a private balcony on the third floor or higher for the best view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Katie F
John L, General Manager at Beachside Resort Panama City Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to post your review. I'm so glad that you and the family enjoyed your visit. You mentioned the showers being a "downside". Regrettably, during our recent remodel we looked into enlarging the showers. However most of the building is concrete, it become something that was not possible. But hopefully, your time on the beach made up for that. Again, thank you so much for staying with us and we can't wait to see you next time.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Overall this was a wonderful place to stay and we will definitely be back next summer to stay again. It's directly on the beach with stunningly beautiful views from the beach front rooms. Service was fast, nice, and helpful. Rooms were simple but nice and clean. Very comfortable beds! I haven't had that good of sleep in a while. Very good value for the room and the location of the hotel. The beach area here was a lot less crowded than some of the other beach areas and that's definitely a plus. Just a short drive from all the local attractions/restaurants (about10-20min depending on where you want to go). I loved my stay here and can't wait to go back next summer!

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Cj925

Thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback about your recent visit. I'm so glad you had a enjoyable time. We are finding that guests are really liking our beach -- I think it's one of the best stretches of sand on the coast. Again, thank you sharing and we can't wait to see you again next year.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Is not upscale by any means, but is right in front of the beach! The location is perfect, close enough but away from the loud masses. Check in was quick.We got a room in the top floor and the view was spectacular. ok, is not perfect, the bathroom might need some TLC. the AC also might need a new filter, but it was blowing cold air 24/7. For the location and price, there is nothing better around.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share some feedback about your recent visit. I'm so glad to see that you had a great time. I will talk to our houskeeping folks about your bathroom comment as well. Thank you again and we can't wait to welcome you back.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

We had to wait two hours after check in to get into our rooms. I booked two rooms they put us on the third and seventh floor not together. Had a one year old gave us a room with a stand up shower only (very narrow). Housekeeping was awful floors not vaccum one day we got one washcloth next day we did not get any ran out of tolit paper (five people in this room) never enough towels either. Would not stay here again!!!!!!

3  Thank Deanna F

As I stated in my email to you, I'm so sorry that you were unhappy with the time you spent at our property. I've already spoken with housekeeping about these issues and changes are in the works. We are glad to take guest requests, but at times we are only able to guarantee you the room type you reserved. Again, I'm sorry you were unhappy and I thank you for taking the time share your thoughts.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We liked our room but the bathroom/shower was small, there was no closet space and no sink (which was expected). Loud knocking sound from pipes in bathroom ceiling. Great view! Great quiet location. :)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thank you for taking the time to share some thoughts about your recent stay at our resort. I'm sorry that you had to deal with noise issues. I will make sure our houskeeping and maintenance are on the lookout for this. Again, thank you for visiting and we can't wait to see you again.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Loved our week here. The view was spectacular. The walk from our room to the beach was short. The beach was not crowded at all, lots of space. The water was good, but had quite a bit of sea weed and moss at the end of the week and there were always undulating sand banks in the water that made it a little tricky to get beyond the breakers, but still it was great.

The rooms were simple, the beds were very comfortable. The rooms were quiet enough, the view out the window was awesome and it was great that we had a balcony on the second floor level.

The shower stall was very narrow and had no light.This hotel is some ways away (maybe a fifteen minute drive) from the tourist/action area of Pier Park. You need to drive there. This was great for us. We relished the quiet family type area. There were lots of groceries and eating places within a ten to fifteen minute drive. The only thing thing that needs a little improvement is the housekeeping. We never had enough towels, especially since this is a beach hotel. The front desk staff was very friendly and very accommodating when I needed anything.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback about your recent visit. I'm so glad you enjoyed your time at our resort. And yes, the views from the rooms are indeed breathtaking. Again, thank you so much for staying and we can't wait to welcome you back.

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Absolutely loved the location! Hotel was nice. I had the two bedroom in which the second bedroom needed a tv and somewhere to sit luggage. Other than that everything seemed great.
Only suggestion I have is that during the peak summer months they should have a three night or more minimum stay. We experienced some rough crowds who came in for a day or two. It seemed that the nicer families stayed for a week or better.
I will return with my family. The beach is absolutely beautiful. Not crowded at all.
I would recommend this hotel if you like staying away from the madness but still be close enough to enjoy the main strip by driving 10 minutes down the road.
This is one of the very few small hotels still around.
We stay away from the skyscrapers and long elevator rides.
Great job Beachside!!!!!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Robert R

Thank you so much for the kind comments. I'm so glad you had a great time at our resort. And thank you for the suggestion about our length of stay requirements. We have actually seen an average length of stay during the summer of over 4 days, people seem to be loving their visits. Thank you again for the kind remarks and we can't wait to see you again.