“Very nice!”
Review of Beachside Resort

Beachside Resort
Ranked #10 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Reviewed 30 August 2014

First the customer service here is outstanding. Will, at the front desk, greeted us at check-in and couldn't have been more accommodating. John, the Manager, was so gracious as to allow us to check out 1 day early and gave us a refund for that day. This was only because of that annoying fire alarm test that went on for many hours - my boyfriend was working from his laptop and it was impossible for him to get any work done. Thank you John.
Second, the rooms are very nice and clean. The beds are comfortable. The showers and toilets are clean. The carpet was clean. Nice large refrigerator with a small clean kitchen.
Third, the hotel is right on the beach and the balcony is a decent size with an ocean view.
Fourth, there is plenty of places to park. Unlike the last place we stayed where the lot was so small.
We would definitely come back to visit here again. The staff was great. The place was clean. We had a wonderful time.

1  Thank Jenny C
John L, General Manager at Beachside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to post some remarks about your recent visit. And I'd also like to apologize for the fire alarm testing. As I told your fiancee, let me know the next time you're coming our way and I'll make sure you have nothing but peace and quiet. I'll make sure to pass on your remarks to Will as well. He's been a wonderful addition to our front desk team. Again, thank you so much for staying and we can't wait to see you again.

Reviewed 29 August 2014

The Beachside Resort is right on the beach, the rooms are large--with balconies--and it's very close to the center of PCB. It's not an elegant place; our room had a single-room-occupancy hotel feel to it, and there's no breakfast. But it has all the basics: the beds are comfortable, the location is quiet, and the Gulf was just out back.

Room Tip: The 100 series rooms are poolside; the 200s and 300s have the balconies.
2  Thank NolaHal

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your review of our resort. i'm so glad to read that you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are visiting the Emerald Coast. We'll see you then.

Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

I have stayed in numerous hotels in PCB and never found one I liked. They were either filthy and run down or basically a party hotel. For the past couple of years, I have chosen to stay in Destin, not PCB for the sake of hotel choices. This past weekend I had to stay in PCB with family and I am so glad I did. I LOVE this hotel!! It was the most clean hotel in PCB for the price you pay! Friendly and accommodating staff (allowed us to check in three hours early and honored our request for the highest floor). The beach access was perfect, right on the beach. The pool and bar overlooked the beach as well. VERY SPACIOUS, NOT CROWDED AT ALL ON BEACH. Never once did I feel unsafe or that my car would be in danger. The elevator needs some help...you can tell it is older. But I highly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay in PCB and who wants to stay away from the party scene. Excellent hotel for the money!!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank WanderingGypsyNomad
John L, General Manager at Beachside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Thank you for your review. I'm so glad you had an amazing time. We are finding that as people find us, they are liking what they find. I'm glad that was your experience as well. As tor your one issue, we are continuing tour upgrades this fall and the elevator interiors are at the top of that list. Again, thank you so much for giving us a chance, and now that you've found us -- I hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

After looking for hotels in PCB, I found out that this is the best place for the price range I wanted to stay in. I wasn't wrong! The hotel is very clean and is right on the beach, which is great. Rooms were comfortable. We got an upgrade at a check in, because the lady at the front desk said that the carpets were being cleaned in ours. We were in room 705 with an amazing view.
The private beach is quite and not at all crowded, which is a huge plus in my book, because when we went further in to town where those nice expensive hotels were, their beaches had people sitting one on top of the other.
Overall, I have to say that I couldn't be more happy with our trip to PCB.
The only complaint i do have (kind of a "first world problem") is that their Wi-Fi was horrible. Might as well not have any.

2  Thank mbrock89

Thank you so much for posting a review of your recent trip to PCB. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your visit to our property. I'm very sorry that you had issues with the wireless. I just came from the room you noted and verified that there was wireless in the room, but it could be better. With the building being made of concrete (not very wireless friendly), we're still trying to identify areas that could use a bit of a signal boost. Again, thank you for visiting and we can't wait to see you next time your visiting the beach.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Outside of an annoying alarm check that lasted for a good portion of one day and temporary pool closure due to hazardous organic contamination (Infant Mishap), great value. Credited us for one night because fiancé made a stink about these things. Two rooms with jack and jill bathroom offers nice room privacy, kitchenette an added plus. Great beach and sunset views.

4  Thank forgetaboutitnow

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to post some feedback about your recent trip to our resort. I also wanted to apologize for the two issues you noted: the fire alarm testing and the pool closure. Regrettably, the alarm test and the pool closure were both mandated by law. Again, thank you for taking the time to visit and when you return we'll do our best to keep things quiet and relaxing.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

We were looking for something that wouldn't break the bank and was located right on the beach & this fit the bill. The rooms are average but efficient. Having a balcony was really nice too. Had a gorgeous view of the ocean & sunsets. Also love the location because it is not very crowded and you can rent a chair & umbrella right there in front of the hotel so you don't have to walk very far to start enjoying the beach.

2  Thank Hunny_n_me

I wanted to thank you for posting your thoughts about your recent visit. I'm glad you had a chance to enjoy our beautiful setting. I just came in from taking a peek at the beach and I must say, you're more than right -- it is beautiful right now. Again, thank you and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

We had points to use from our credit union and so got 3 nights for the price of one. We were expecting bare bones, but it was definitely nicer than we expected it to be. We thought we were getting a standard hotel room, but it had 2 bedrooms separated by a jack & jill bathroom and kitchenette. Nice (but small) balcony overlooking the ocean. Beach was much less crowded than further east. All of the staff was friendly & helpful. Overall, we enjoyed our stay very much!

2  Thank TraceyStr8
John L, General Manager at Beachside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Thank you so much for posting some feedback about your recent trip to the beach. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your visit. We look forward to seeing you again soon.