“Not the best option....”

The Summit Condominiums
Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

I want to preface by saying that we found this place last minute. However, I think we could have found something where the upkeep was much better.
At first glance it wasn't a bad looking place. Good location, decent amenities, etc. The cleanliness of the rooms and the building was a major let down. The elevators are very rundown, the smell on the ground floor walking in is terrible, the doors are broken and look unsightly. The wifi is barely existent. There shouldn't be an advertisement for wifi.
Our room- the sliding glass door is barely sliding. The screen has a HUGE tear in it. The sofa bed is a joke; the mattress is nasty (no
one slept on it). The couch and chair could use a good steam clean. The refrigerator was disgusting on the side, like it hasn't been washed in a loong time. We had 2 rolls of toilet paper; one in each bathroom, so we had to buy more. We also had to buy paper towels. The dishwasher was broken. The bathroom doors didn't shut without a lot of force.
I realize a lot of this is the owner's responsibility, but be cautious anyway- take pictures so you're not blamed.
On a positive note, we had a view of the beach, two pools, a mini mart and drink and snack machines, and a tiki bar ($$$). If you have a family, it's a good location except for the bar next door. They're open til around 3am Thursday thru Sunday nights. Hope this helped somewhat.

5  Thank FMTeacher
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at The Summit Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

Thank you for providing this feedback. I am sorry for the issues you experienced with the upkeep of the resort and your rental unit. Each unit is privately owned, however if you did rent through the onsite management we do have onsite maintenance and housekeeping. Our goal is for our guests to enjoy a problem-free stay and I do hope that you will try us again so that next time we can exceed your expectations.

There are newer reviews for The Summit Condominiums

Reviewed 18 July 2013

We stayed here after traveling all the ways across the country from idaho and the people running the place were rude the room was old and in need of repair,and worst of all they attempted to double charge us at the end of our stay. Do not spend your money here the rates are horrible the staff are rude and down right crooked.

Room Tip: Go to another establishment
5  Thank rockcrawler88

I do apologize that you did not enjoy your time at The Summit. We do strive to ensure that our guests have a trouble-free stay. Although, I am not sure who you rented from, I am positive that no one would intentionally try to double charge you. I do hope that you understand and will try our property again to experience a great beach vacation like so many others who have stayed with us.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

Who ever cleans, dosen't do a good job. Had to clean bathroom. The corners were nasty in the bathroom alone with the tub, there was mold all over the vents. Had to wash all the dishes that we use, they had food left in them from pass guess. The pool areas were clean and kept. Security could have been more present.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

We appreciate you providing your feedback. I do apologize for the cleanliness. Although, I do not know who you rented from, I can inform you that the onsite management does have onsite housekeeping. We are glad that you enjoyed the amenities of the resort including the pool area and we hope to have you return to the Summit in the future.

Reviewed 14 July 2013

We stayed in a room rented from vrbo. I don't know if they use the same cleaners, but our tub/shower corners were nasty. I told my owner, but never heard back. Also, the patio door did not lock. It is an old bldg, but I thought the pools, hot tubs, and kiddie pool areas were kept up. They have laundry on site--very hot in there. Bikini bobs was nice to have because I felt like a lot of food in pcb is overpriced. I always saw security around and the front desk staff was very helpful.

Room Tip: The elevators are very busy and sometimes slow, so if you are in a lower level you could use the sta...
1  Thank Michelleapt
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at The Summit Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2013

Thank you for providing your feedback. When renting through the onsite rental company, we do have on-call housekeeping. We are glad that you enjoyed your visit and all the amenities that Summit has to offer. We hope to see you again soon when your travel plans bring you back to Panama City Beach.

Reviewed 10 July 2013

After reading MANY negative reviews I was apprehensive at best about our stay. However, we stayed in room 1123 after booking with hotels.com, and I must say it was pretty decent. Don't get me wrong, it is very out of date and it could be cleaner, but it is not bad for the money. The mattress is hard as a rock, and the couch is so dirty I put a sheet over it before I let my kids sit on it, but I am a little OCD. Overall I think for the money we spent for the week the rest of the amenities make up for it. Bikini bob's is cheap and ok food, the pools are clean, and the beach access is perfect. Pretty good vacation overall.

• Stayed: July 2013
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at The Summit Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2013

We appreciate you for providing this feedback. Each guest experience is different and every unit is privately owned. Therefore, I encourage guests to contact the front desk, if you are concerned about any negative posts, so that you will feel confident about booking at the Summit and having a very nice experience. I will address your comments regarding housekeeping with our team. I am glad that you enjoyed the amenities of the resort and of course our onsite food offerings. We are glad you enjoyed your vacation and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 9 July 2013

My friends and I have been going to this place 2-3 times a year for about 15 years. We went there the first time on a whim, and after our experience with the Tiki Bar, it was the main reason we came back every year. The fun and the atmosphere there was always a blast, even when the weather was horrible. The local bartenders were great and very personable. This year it was all different. Apparently, the Summit contracted the Tiki and some other places out to another company. Needless to say it was and is a disaster.
Our room was great as usual, as it was one of Mark Peery's rooms of Student Breaks. We've rented from him several times and always been a great experience. We've rented from Caldwell as well a couple times and it was great also.
It was just really sad and disappointing to see the Tiki Bar of old gone. As of now, we will search for other condos to stay in for future visits.

• Stayed: July 2013
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at The Summit Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to provide this feedback. We take these comments seriously and I assure you that it has been addressed with our Food and Beverage team. I do apologize for the experience that you had. Since the new management has been in place, we have strived to make positive improvements at our Tiki Bar including renovations as well as the menu offerings. I do hope that this does not deter you from renting at the Summit for your future travel plans, so that you can have the same great experience that you are used to having at our property.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

After reading several bad reviews I was very apprehensive about our stay at The Summit. HOWEVER, our room was clean and safe(we had 3 small children with us). We had only a few light bulbs out and balcony door was difficult to lock. No problem, it was fixed right away. I was worried about reports of noise and foulmouth young adults, but never had a problem with noise or anyone with foul mouths. There was an even mix of families, young adults(well behaved) and older adult couples. I was impressed with security who was always present, friendly and kept everyone in line.
My only complaints with The Summit are elevators are crowded at check-in and check-out and at night parking lot is crowded. Really had a good, relaxing and enjoyable get away with my children, niece and grandparents and would consider staying there again.

Room Tip: Bring rail for younger children in bunkbeds, rooms near center of complex require less walking and m...
1  Thank tammyh70003
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at The Summit Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

Thank you for providing this feedback. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Each guest experience is different and every unit is privately owned. Therefore, I encourage guests to contact the front desk, if you are concerned about any negative posts, so that you will feel confident about booking at the Summit and having a very nice experience, as you did with you and your family. We hope to see you again soon!