“Very Dirty and Outdated in room area!”

The Summit Condominiums
“Very Dirty and Outdated in room area!”
Reviewed 1 October 2013 via mobile

The property itself is nice...good location on the beach with pools, hot tubs, food available, little convenience store on property too. The room was not spectacular. I was supposed to stay in 102 but after checking in, it looked horribly dirty...cobwebs, dust, dirt on floor, stains on bedding, dirt in corners and cracky tiles. I have never stayed in a dumpy place like this so I immediately called the person managing the rental and he offered another room 1224, which was a lot cleaner feeling but it still had old nasty bedding and it was not luxurious or special. Only 2 rolls of toilet paper in the room for 5 people!!! Great view from balcony but the furniture was old, dingy, and smelly. The balcony furniture was rusty and old. Even after emailing the owner of the condo, he never replied! Just be careful and see pics of your room before you book one! This was my first time booking a condo and probably my last!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank blingismything
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at The Summit Condominiums, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Thank you for providing your feedback. Since you rented directly through an owner, I cannot speak to the quality or cleanliness of the unit. We do hope that you will return to the Summit to enjoy all of our amenities and of course the great views. When booking through the on-site management, we do have many units in the rental program for you to choose from depending on availability.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
MARIETTA, GA
Reviewed 26 September 2013

First off, let me state that The Summit is not a 4 or 5 star resort, and they don't claim to be.
If that's what you're lookig for, look elsewhere.
What The Summit is is a nice, affordable place to stay. My wife and I have stayed at The Summit several times over the past six or seven years and have only had one bad experience.
We made the mistake of renting directly thru The Summit for a quick 3 day getaway.
Boy was that a bad idea!! We must have been put in a "spring break special" unit as the furniture was worn out, the walls were very scuffed up and the bed needed to be replaced.
We were only going to be there three nights and we spend most of our time on the beach anyway so we stayed and knew then to NEVER rent directly thru The Summit again.
The other times we have stayed at The Summit, we rented thru www.VRBO.com where you can see pictures of the units and read reviews posted by others that have stayed in the unit.
We have NEVER had a bad experience when renting thru VRBO and I'm sure the rate is much cheaper than renting thru The summit as well. We have actually stayed in units where the owner provided the rental chairs on the beqach for the week.
Yes, The Summit is an older complex, but they keep the exterior of the building and the grounds very clean and well maintained.
Bikini Bob's (the on-site bar & grill) is always a favorite for drinks and snacks or even for dinner if you don't feel like going out when you've had too much fun in the sun.
There is also an on-site convenience store.
We have only stayed at The Summit after Labor Day so it is much less crowded so we have never experienced any problem with having to wait for an elevator.
There are a lot very nice units, many with washers / dryers (which is always a plus) available to view on VRBO and I would reccomend The Summit to anyone looking for an affordable condo directly on the beach.
As stated in other reviews, there are two lagre pools (unlike some of the newer very large condos), on-site security, grills on each end of the building.
You do have to "check in" at the office upon arrival and pay $15 for your parking pass and arm bands and everyone that I have ever delt with in the office has always been very friendly.
I could go on & on but you get the idea. The Summit overall is NOT a dump or dirty.
We didn't see a bunch of drunks and there was not a lot of noise as mentioned in other reviews, but as I stated, we have only stayed after Labor Day.
In my opinion, fall is the perfect time to vist PCB anyway.
Don't let the negative reviews keep you from thinking about staying at The Summit and check out VRBO and forget Bookit.com.
There are NEVER any additional charges thru VRBO such as what you read about from people that have rented thru Bookit as you rent directly from the owner.
I wish I there NOW!!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank SCOOTERTOM69
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at The Summit Condominiums, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
We appreciate you providing this feedback on your experiences at the Summit Beach Resort. We agree that the Fall is a wonderful time to visit the Panama City Beach area. We are so glad that you enjoyed your time and I do encourage you to not shy away from the onsite management as we are a professional management company with approximately 140 rooms that are in the program. We look forward to your next return to the Summit.
Carrollton, Georgia
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I have stayed here 4 times this summer & booked through different channels. Mary is AWESOME & their Units were very clean in each one we were in! Being with a group we have stayed in a total of 4 & the ONLY down fall was going to get our keys from the main office. She turned her lights out as soon as she saw me attempting to open the door! The security officer @ the gate had directed us there but thankfully a man saw that & he was a nice security man with glasses, I didn't get his name, he took care of us & called Bob to get our Keys & signed in! Even at the end of the day, you should greet every guest who comes into eye contact with your front desk staff or any team member & never avoid them! I would give the number of the condo but will just say for great prices shop around!!!! Last weekend was great & the Off season is the perfect time to go!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at The Summit Condominiums, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
Thank you for providing this feedback. I am so sorry for the encounter at the front office. That is very unusual. We pride ourselves on customer service and I do apologize that you did not have hospitable service. I assure you this will be addressed with our front office team. I am glad to hear of how much you enjoy staying at the Summit and that you return again and again. We look forward to welcoming you back for your next visit.
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Pros: Gated with security entrance/exit, good prices, 2 clean pools, 2 clean kiddy pools, next door to Spinnaker's, Hammerhead Fred's across street, Walmart close by, very friendly & helpful staff.

Cons: Very stinky outside by office & middle elevators on ground floor, a/c units in the rooms are loud, trash chutes are loud, armbands required to wear, older condo that needs updating (cosmetic etc.).

The unit we stayed in we reserved through vrbo.com. We were on the 6th floor in the middle of the condo. It was the perfect location! However, it was near the trash chute. It was so loud! The elevators are quiet though. The balcony railing is questionable. As I was relaxing by the pool, I looked at all the railing on the balconies. One condo's balcony railing wasn't attached very well anymore in one portion! We had to park in a certain spot so we didn't have to walk past the stinkiness outside by the office & elevators on ground floor. Tiki Bar has great prices for food & drinks! I didn't think it was overly crowded at all by the pool. It wasn't loud at all. The only time there was loud noise is when Spinnaker's was playing loud music on a Saturday night. I think having to wear an armband is silly, too. You pay for them as well. The condo we rented had a disgusting odor so when we went to Walmart, we got some air freshners. It helped some. The room needed fresh paint & updated appliances. The a/c unit is in a "closet" in the condo next to the bedroom so it's loud when it kicks on. Other than
that, it was nice! Nice location! Very family oriented! Security guards guarded the place in several places which is nice. I'm an avid gym person doing cardio & weight lifting. I had to get the treadmill key from the office to use the treadmill. In order to get the key, I had to give them my driver's license. Treadmills are nice, but there's no tvs or music. Also, the "weight room" is not worth it. 3 treadmills, 1 or 2 ellipticals & 1 recumbant bike and about 5 circuit machines. Pools/pool areas were
kept clean. Glad we visited off-season!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank PCBGirl712
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at The Summit Condominiums, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Thank you for providing this feedback on your stay at the Summit Beach Resort. We appreciate you listing out both the pros and the cons of your visit. I will be sure to address the comments with the Homeowner’s Association, who is responsible for the common areas. In regards to the room, you rented through VRBO and not the onsite rental company, so I encourage you to make sure that you have informed the owner. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Well, I decided to take the risk of staying a very questionably rated property as opposed to going with what I know. (The need to change things up I guess.) Used bookit.com for a "good price" on a very, VERY nice appearing resort... Per the pictures...

Problem is, they only gave Bookit.com the pictures of their single highest quality penthouse unit... The rest of the condo is a run down mess.. Check in reminded me of a Super 8 Motel, even though the help was very friendly. The room, 1123.... Looked NOTHING like the listed pictures, polar opposite in fact. Furnishings were old, and filthy. Couch cushions stained, mattress the quality of a $59 mattress store closeout model. and creaked like being 30 years old. Comforter was filthy, carpet stiff as a dry sponge... Unit was clean, and prepared, and I do praise the house keeping, but for the cleaning fees they charge, it better be! Pools were nice, clean and well maintained.

Not deeply family recommended, at least for labor day weekend, and the first weekend of collegiate football... Pool was rowdy, and alcohol flowed in abundance, drama on the final day around the pool, but well contained by their in house security, which was also seen in abundance, and all very helpful.

For the price there are SO many better properties, and on a much nicer side of PCB, be very cautious of what you book, as you will be paying quite a bit more at check in. (An additional $140 on my trip for cleaning fees, resort fees, etc.)

I cannot recommend this resort to anyone outside of a group of college kids. Dirty, old & dated and very over priced.

Room Tip: Book either the highest end penthouse shown in all their pictures, or find another resort.. Terribl...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shawncas
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at The Summit Condominiums, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
We appreciate you providing this feedback. Thank you for the nice compliments on the front desk and housekeeping. Although our service was good, I do apologize that you did not like your unit or the atmosphere of the clientele at the property. Each unit is privately owned and the furnishings are up to the individual homeowners. We do hope that you will try our property again to experience a great beach vacation.

Travellers are raving about these Panama City Beach hotels

Lagrange
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Stayed in room 824 and if this an indication of other rooms at the Summit, I do not recommend staying here. Upon arrival, room had an unclean smell (understatement). Sofas needed steam cleaning. Shower drain backed up and bathrooms were not cleaned properly. Plug in outlets were loose and unsafe. Lamp in den was bent and loose and unstable. Remote control for television did not work. The fact that you are required to submit a non refundable damage deposit is ridiculous.
The one thing that I did appreciate was the friendliness of the office staff upon arrival and departure.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at The Summit Condominiums, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
Thank you for providing this feedback. We appreciate the input and the comments you have listed will be helpful in us improving our quality and service. We strive to have our guests experience a problem-free stay and it certainly sounds like we did not succeed. I apologize and I assure you that it will be addressed. I do hope that you will return, so that we can exceed your expectations.
Florence, Kentucky
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We stayed in 1414 and Susan Chen is our Angel. She is there for us if we have any questions. This is our 2nd time with her and look forward to going back. We take our 3 granddaughters to spend special time with them. Our condo was so comfortable, washer and dryer, kitchen loaded, the view from the balcony is amazing, the pools are great with plenty chairs, workers where so friendly. Bedroom large. We made life time memories at a great price. Thank you Susan and God Bless.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank lgc56
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at The Summit Condominiums, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
Thank you very much for providing this nice feedback. We are so glad to hear about how much you enjoyed your stay at Summit Beach Resort and we hope to see you again soon to experience more memories that will last a lifetime!