“A wonderful weekend!”

The Summit Condominiums
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“A wonderful weekend!”
Reviewed 20 January 2014

My wife and I needed some time away. We booked our weekend at the Summit through Resort Collections and had a wonderful time! The hot tubs were great and the room and views were awesome! We'll defiantly come back again.Thanks

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank jswhitener
ResortCollection, Manager at The Summit Condominiums, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Thank you very much for posting this nice review about your recent stay at The Summit through Resort Collection. We are so glad you enjoyed your quick getaway. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 9 December 2013

My family of 3 rented a bottom floor unit in the summer. We loved everything about the room, access to the kiddie pool, and the complete experience. However, our last day there was tarnished with memories that will last forever. The "security guy" with short man syndrome walking around the property and the pool was a major jerk. When I am paying to stay there and I am on vacation, I do not wish to be bothered by people such as him. I was laying out by the pool early in the morning (and no one else was hardly out) waiting on my husband and daughter to finish breakfast. My husband's towel was on his chair while he ran in to eat. The man grabbed his towel and was walking away with it. After I approached the short man, he was very rude. I could understand his reasonings if the place was packed and people needed a space. I would have gladly moved the towel, but it was quite empty. I showed him the rules I was given for the property when we checked in dealing with chairs. I handed it to him so that he could read it and he threw the paper down on the ground. Others around watching were appauld at his behavior as well. I would love to come back, just not if this employee is still working there.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Davis L
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at The Summit Condominiums, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
We appreciate you providing this feedback. Customer feedback is of utmost importance, so that issues like this can be identified and addressed. I am very sorry that you had this experience and I assure you that it is not the norm. I will be sure to address your concerns with the security team through our Homeowner Association. I do apologize, and hope that you understand and will return to the Summit soon, so that you can have a wonderful visit, as you did the first part of your stay.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 1 November 2013

We got a great deal for a three night stay at the summit beach condo. The front desk is very friendly when we checked in. The check in time for guests are late in the afternoon, but we arrived in the morning. The front desk told us that they would give us a call when a room is ready. We wasted no time to relax in the beach and enjoy the pristine water we have not seen for a long time since we went to hawaii. The beach is great and the water is very clear. The beach access of the condo is a great plus for us. The room is spacious with bunkbeds for more people to sleep in though we did not use at all given that we're only three person family. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would go again next time.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank julie w
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at The Summit Condominiums, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Thank you very much for providing this great feedback. We are so glad to hear how much you enjoyed your recent stay through the onsite management company. Our resort is a great location to come and enjoy the pristine beaches and Panama City Beach fun! We hope to see you return to the Summit Beach Resort again soon!
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 31 October 2013

The owner listings for the Summit can be found on the VRBO.com website. I have stayed at the Summit multiple times over the last six years and this is what I do prior to booking the unit: Look at the current reviews of the unit, call the owner and ask when it was renovated and what features does the unit have that you require for a great vacation, and when was the last time they visited the condo to make sure it maintains it's quality. I have stayed at units 904, 902, and 816 and they are owned by out of state people and are continually updated and will respond to you very quickly. Follow these steps and you have an excellent chance of having a great beach front vacation.

7 Thank Jack W
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at The Summit Condominiums, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Thank you for providing your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you love returning time after time to the Summit Beach Resort. I do want to encourage readers to know that when renting through the onsite management we do have a large selection of rooms as well as onsite maintenance and housekeeping. Thank you again for informing us of your great time at our property and we are looking forward to you returning!
Tallahassee, Floirda
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We just stayed here last weeked (10/11-10/13)...room 219. This room was pretty outdated and dingy...it was okay for a weekend at the beach but to stay there for a week or longer...yikes. One thing is that the mattress in the bedrrom was like sleeping on a stack of cardboard. Oh my God people...can we please invest a couple hundred dollars more for a decent mattress? I would bet that it was orginally bought at one of those discount mattress places...for $59.99...and may not have been new then. There were no complaints from the kids on the bunk beds and the sofa bed...but I didn't try them myself...maybe I should have.

Anyway...the room was okay...but outdated. Dingy fixings...cracked paint and worn tile. Appliances were in good shape and the place was stocked well. So...again, for a weekend...no problem...spending all day down at the water anyway, just there to sleep really.

The property itself was nice...friendly staff at check-in and check-out. Plenty of carts to haul your stuff...and friendly grounds people and security. By the way...this place is locked down so make sure you have all your rental credentials to get in and out. Didn't visit the game room or little store...but the pool area was very nice and clean...plenty of chairs. The hot tubs were nice but the jets only worked when they wanted to so that was disappoinitng. The tiki bar was open and staffed but prices were a bit high and not sure was staffed by an actual bartender. The night we visited it appeared the bartender didn't quite know what he was doing...drinks weren't that good. There is a little place called Bikini Bob's right next to the property, you can get there from the pool area. Good food, great prices...on alcohol as well (beer and wine)...so if you need a quick bite and a good, cheap beer without going far at all...BB's is the place.

The beach was wonderful - crisp, clear water, soft sand - LOVE IT...and chairs/umbrellas were available. We rented them for $20 total (2 chairs, one umbrella) for the whole day, well worth it, I think.

Anyway, as far as our room goes...just a couple of nights...I'm sure there are others that are much nicer and cozier...but ours (219) for a week, I would have been going nuts. Overall, I'd say this place was worth it for what we paid. HOWEVER...and this is a HUGE pet peeve of mine with these types of places. Okay...a week stay, I can maybe understand the cleaning fee...but 2 nights...$85 cleaning fee? That's ridiculous...especially by the looks of the place when you get there. NOT worth the money...if by chance you can find other places that don't charge a cleaning fee...go for it. I think it's a scam...especially for short-term renters...just my opinion. We did book this through hotels.com and they said we wouldn't be charged that fee...request for that refund is still on-going. :-)

Room Tip: Long stay...do NOT rent room 219...not that comfortable for a long stay...and a bit dingy. I wonder...
2 Thank caito34
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at The Summit Condominiums, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Thank you very much for providing this informative feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your recent time at the Summit, but we do understand that you had some negative experiences. I do apologize for that. We take our guest comments very seriously and I assure you that each one will be reviewed by the appropriate department heads. We hope that you will visit our resort again, so that you can experience a great vacation where we exceed your expectations.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Photos are deceiving! Not at all as described. Not worth your money even at a discount!
Demand photos of the exact room you will be renting. These resort looks okay from the outside but is very old musky and outdated. I will never recommend this place to anyone. I will not stay here again. The furniture is broken or stained! You feel dirty staying here even if you are the cleanest person. I made the mistake of not checking the reviews before hand. Won't do that again!

3 Thank Hope619
I do apologize that you did not enjoy your time at the Summit. All of our condominiums are privately owned and the décor is up to the individual homeowners. When renting through the onsite management, we do offer onsite housekeeping services. We do hope that you will try our property again so that we may have an opportunity to exceed your exceptions.

Travellers are raving about these Panama City Beach hotels

Antioch, Tennessee
Reviewed 10 October 2013

This condo was the best ever! From the wonderful view, to the easy access, we could not have asked for a better place to stay. And the cost, was the kicker. We will always be staying back at this condo!

Room Tip: We love the view from up on the 14th floor, it was amazing!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bamatncpl
Thank you for this great feedback! We are so glad to hear about how much you love our resort. We are very proud of our property and all it has to offer, including being in the middle of the heart of Panama City Beach. We look forward to you returning soon for another great beach vacation.