“Winter at the Beach”

The Summit Condominiums
Reviewed 27 February 2014

This is our second winter at The Summit. My husband and I love being right on the beach! We were in unit 702 last year for 2 months and 4 months this winter. The one bedroom unit is very bright, comfortable, and accommodating. The office staff is very nice and helpful. We would recommend it for fun in the sun! Lots of places to eat and have fun!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Jeff M
ResortCollection, Manager at The Summit Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Thank you very much for taking this time to write this nice review. The Summit is a very popular winter guest destination as all of the rooms are gulf front. We are so glad you enjoyed your several months with us and had the opportunity to get to know our front office staff. We look forward to seeing you year after year.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

The one bedroom was very spacious for our the family of four. All the condos face the gulf. The office staff was very helpful and nice. It is a great location in Panama City with plenty of things to do and places to eat around the condo.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Debinhouston
ResortCollection, Manager at The Summit Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Thank you for providing this very nice feedback. The Summit Beach Resort is a great spot for a family vacation with our one bedrooms also allowing for bunk beds. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and I will be sure to pass along your nice comments regarding the front desk. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 24 January 2014

We recently stayed here on a Ground floor unit and enjoyed it! Our unit was clean and it was easy to park and just walk to the room. The complex is in an Excellent location and we would definitely stay here again. This is an older set of condominiums so make sure you know what the room is like before you book. All the rooms are different and some people do not update or just have bad taste! If you know what to expect in the quality of you room....then you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kim M
ResortCollection, Manager at The Summit Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write this nice review about your recent stay at the Summit Beach Resort. We are so glad that you enjoyed your visit and appreciated the amazing location. We hope to see you return to our resort soon when your travel plans bring you back to Panama City Beach.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

My wife and I needed some time away. We booked our weekend at the Summit through Resort Collections and had a wonderful time! The hot tubs were great and the room and views were awesome! We'll defiantly come back again.Thanks

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank jswhitener
ResortCollection, Manager at The Summit Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Thank you very much for posting this nice review about your recent stay at The Summit through Resort Collection. We are so glad you enjoyed your quick getaway. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 9 December 2013

My family of 3 rented a bottom floor unit in the summer. We loved everything about the room, access to the kiddie pool, and the complete experience. However, our last day there was tarnished with memories that will last forever. The "security guy" with short man syndrome walking around the property and the pool was a major jerk. When I am paying to stay there and I am on vacation, I do not wish to be bothered by people such as him. I was laying out by the pool early in the morning (and no one else was hardly out) waiting on my husband and daughter to finish breakfast. My husband's towel was on his chair while he ran in to eat. The man grabbed his towel and was walking away with it. After I approached the short man, he was very rude. I could understand his reasonings if the place was packed and people needed a space. I would have gladly moved the towel, but it was quite empty. I showed him the rules I was given for the property when we checked in dealing with chairs. I handed it to him so that he could read it and he threw the paper down on the ground. Others around watching were appauld at his behavior as well. I would love to come back, just not if this employee is still working there.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Davis L
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at The Summit Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

We appreciate you providing this feedback. Customer feedback is of utmost importance, so that issues like this can be identified and addressed. I am very sorry that you had this experience and I assure you that it is not the norm. I will be sure to address your concerns with the security team through our Homeowner Association. I do apologize, and hope that you understand and will return to the Summit soon, so that you can have a wonderful visit, as you did the first part of your stay.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

We got a great deal for a three night stay at the summit beach condo. The front desk is very friendly when we checked in. The check in time for guests are late in the afternoon, but we arrived in the morning. The front desk told us that they would give us a call when a room is ready. We wasted no time to relax in the beach and enjoy the pristine water we have not seen for a long time since we went to hawaii. The beach is great and the water is very clear. The beach access of the condo is a great plus for us. The room is spacious with bunkbeds for more people to sleep in though we did not use at all given that we're only three person family. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would go again next time.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank julie w
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at The Summit Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Thank you very much for providing this great feedback. We are so glad to hear how much you enjoyed your recent stay through the onsite management company. Our resort is a great location to come and enjoy the pristine beaches and Panama City Beach fun! We hope to see you return to the Summit Beach Resort again soon!

Reviewed 31 October 2013

The owner listings for the Summit can be found on the VRBO.com website. I have stayed at the Summit multiple times over the last six years and this is what I do prior to booking the unit: Look at the current reviews of the unit, call the owner and ask when it was renovated and what features does the unit have that you require for a great vacation, and when was the last time they visited the condo to make sure it maintains it's quality. I have stayed at units 904, 902, and 816 and they are owned by out of state people and are continually updated and will respond to you very quickly. Follow these steps and you have an excellent chance of having a great beach front vacation.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank Jack W
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at The Summit Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Thank you for providing your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you love returning time after time to the Summit Beach Resort. I do want to encourage readers to know that when renting through the onsite management we do have a large selection of rooms as well as onsite maintenance and housekeeping. Thank you again for informing us of your great time at our property and we are looking forward to you returning!