“No Sleep” 2 of 5 bubbles

The Summit Condominiums
Washington, Missouri
“No Sleep”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

Our condo was awesome. We rented it through VRBO. It was recently updated. The owners were very personable and gracious. The problem was within the management of the building. We stayed Memorial week. The management apparently rents to 18 year olds and it was senior graduation trips (we knew nothing of this). The security let 18 year-olds drink alcoholic beverages on the beach and on their property. These teenagers ran rampant throughout the complex. At night, it is suppose to be quiet time between 11 pm and 7 am, but that was not true! Every night we stayed (Sat to Sat) they kept everyone awake starting at 12 to 4:30 am. Also, pot was being smoked at all times of the day. Fire alarms were pulled and patrons were asked to leave the building. Numerous times the fire department was called to this place. Finally, about midway through the week police officers were stationed in the evening through early morning. Several times I seen them arrest people at the Summit. Some of the people who were staying left early or found other places to stay. Many complaints were made but not very much was done to fix the problem. Also the elevators were very slow and dirty.

Room Tip: Check to see if they rent to 18 year olds.
2 Thank Linda S
ResortCollection, Manager at The Summit Condominiums, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
I certainly apologize for the experience you had during your stay. I am sorry that other guests behavior affected your stay and opinion of our facility. I assure you that I will address your concerns to the Homeowner Association and their security team. I sincerely hope that you will try us again to experience a wonderful beach vacation, like so many others have when staying at the Summit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Pensacola, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

Charged me 21.00 for not washing the sheets. Plus charged me a 75.00 cleaning fee. Had to take my trash out, wash the dishes, wash the sheets and bed spreads. But the Washer and dyer did not work. Needs update badly, repainting, baseboards are dirty, lots of broken decor stuff in room 222. They do not give you fresh towels. Parking was a nightmare, No one to help you or greet you with your stuff. Cops everywhere made me feel like I was not safe. Plus they were rude to everyone. We are not teenagers staying there we were a family with kids.

People were smoking pot by the pool the whole time we were there, Their was also at 2 least to fight, and people cussing at each other. In front of families by the pool.

They woke my family and tried to coming in to my suite at 8am to fix a bathroom door, called at 8;30 am because we had towels on the balcony. intercom went off at 11 pm telling everyone to leave the rooms, only to find out 5 mins later it was false alarm.

All in all if your a family its not for you, prices seem fair but then they nickel and dime you, its not a safe place for families. Its run down and dirty, I could have paid a little more and got a lot nicer place for my family. Paid 450.00 for 2 weekdays in a 1 bedroom suite.

NOT WORTH THE MONEY- HIDDEN FEES - UNSAFE - DIRTY - NOT FAMILY FRIENDLY

3 Thank Alley K
ResortCollection, Manager at The Summit Condominiums, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
I assure you that we never would inform a guest to wash the sheets and/or charge if they did not. I am sorry for the issues you experienced and I will discuss your concerns with the appropriate department heads. We do hope that you will choose our property again too experience a great beach vacation, like so many others who have stayed here.

Travellers are raving about these Panama City Beach hotels

Kentucky
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

I personally have stayed at this condo for a least one week each year for the majority of my life. It may not be the most up to date, but it is still a nice place to stay.

With that being said, our last trip didn't go as expected. However, I think that it had more to do with our timing than the actual condo.

June of course is a busy month. When we arrived there were no luggage carts. Elevators were bogged down to the point that the wait was crazy. Oh and they have one of the central elevators shut down on Saturday for staff use. (Yet again, a crazy idea for guests in June. But I guess essential for staff that time of year.) There are 4 elevators that serve 15 floors with about 25-30 rooms on each floor. Needless to say, book a low floor because you will probably be using the stairs more than you would like if you stay during peak season. I do not remember this being an issue during later in the year stays.

The pools are wonderful! If you want a chair though, you need to get up EARLY as they are all claimed. Signs say that towels don't hold chairs, however no one enforces that rule. I have woke up before 6 and there already be chairs "marked". I personally did not claim a chair for daily use, but did sit my beach bag and towel in one while in the pool on my way back to our room. My stuff was quickly moved by another guest without any objection from staff. So pretty much after those chairs are claimed, you are out of luck if you want to sit anything anywhere while you swim.

The Tiki Bar is ok I guess. I haven't had much experience with it other than they didn't seem to conform to the "quiet time" set forth by the condo.

There are two hot tubs outside, which are nice....if you can get to them. There is also one inside, but it was closed when we were there last.

There are other amenities, game room, tennis courts, shuffle board, grilling, swings, gym, Wi-Fi, beach chairs, etc. The basics. There is also a general store of sorts by the pool and a restaurant by the hot tubs.

I wouldn't be opposed to staying with them again, but it wouldn't be my first choice and definitely not during the summer.

As for the room, it was livable. We did not rent directly from The Summit. We rented from an owner, so the room had been maintained a little better. Showers and bathrooms are small in pretty much every unit. Our kitchen was nice and furnished.

Sound travels at this condo. We were on the 6th floor and heard everything at the bar and the pool at all hours of the day.

Room Tip: Two bedrooms are on the ends. Three bedrooms are on the 15th floor. Watch the time of year. Lower fl...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PerrysDeere
Thank you for taking the time to give us this detailed and informative feedback. We certainly appreciate you returning year after year. I understand your comments regarding the elevators and luggage carts and will address those with the Homeowner’s Association. We do hope you will return again soon, perhaps during a different time of the year.
Tallahassee, Floirda
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed here back in October of 2013...wrote an average review about it...not a horrible place but not great. Just found out that I was sent to collections for a claim of $520 worth of damage to our room. No notice from the resort just a hit on my credit report from the collection agency they sent me to.

Is this how they get back at you for ana verage review...for really a below average resort? Our room was pretty filthy and in bad repair. I would bet that there wasn't anything in that room worth $520. I cannot get any information as to what was damaged...or proof that we damaged it. Huh! Isn't that convenient? We left that room in much better shape than when we checked in...you're welcome!

So...stay away from this place and if you have stayed here check your credit report...sounds like a scam to me...they work directly with a local collection agency in Fort Walton...greasing the wheels it seems. To avoid all that...avoid this place...and The Resort Collection of Panama City all together. Fair warning...hopefully I can spare you the nightmare I'm going through.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
9 Thank caito34
I am sorry for your comments, however I can assure you and others that we inspect the units upon every departure. If a damage is found, we have a due diligence to the owner to repair the issue. All attempts are made to contact the guest of the charge, but if we are unable to reach or we do not get a response, the charges will be turned over to a collection agency. We hope you understand.
Pelham, Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

STAY AWAY!! My husband and I stayed at the Summit May 15-20, 2014 and hands down it was the worst experience ever. We are frequent Destin visitors but decided to give PCB a try since we haven't been there since we were 18 (15+ years ago). Thanks to the Summit, we will definitely not be back to PCB. The bed was just about as firm as sleeping on the floor. The staff gave us false information. Examples are upon arrival one lady said we could check out an hour later at no charge but come check out day, we learned that was not true. When we turned on the shower it sounded like 20 chainsaws going off which led to a high squeal noise piercing our ears. We called to notify the staff day 1 and no one ever came to fix it and then day 2,3, and 4. Every day they promised someone would come fix it and it never happened. The second to last day, one guy at front desk said he would credit us $100. Well, when we went to check out we learned that was false information as well. The beach is pretty but there were underaged kids drinking everywhere and cops visited often (arrests made).

Room Tip: Choose a different location!!!!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Karen S
I do apologize for the issues you experienced and I assure you that I will speak with our maintenance team about your issues. I am sorry and I do hope that this one experience will not deter you from enjoying all that the Summit and Panama City Beach has to offer.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

Room was dirty in 632 and I took 15 photos about bad a/c dirt on ceiling nasty a/c closet.
I used towels to clean tile floors after walking around in my socks were dirty. No safety gfi on sinks for electrical proaction. Pictures DO NOT match room. Broken floor files, broken tub drains stoppers
Balacony door did not lock, toliet tank jury rigged with plastic something cover. It did not cool until 1:30 am DO NOT STAY UNLESS YOU WANT TO STAY AT A 2 STAR UNIT.
P.s. plan on paying a 150.00 resort fee after booking, not in original price.

Room Tip: If pictures do not match demand money back. Do not book on bookit.com no refunds if need photos cont...
3 Thank David S
Thank you for taking the time to give us your comments. Every unit is privately owned and decorated individually. The pictures on the website are examples of actual units within our rental program, however as mentioned, all units vary. I do urge you to try our property again to experience quality accommodations we are used to providing.
Senoia, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

I just got back today from my stay at The Summit and I have to say after reading some pretty negative reviews on here I was pleasantly surprised by my experience. The building is old and it certainly shows it age in some respects but overall it was wonderful. We stayed in unit 726 and the room was very spacious and very clean. We could tell that the carpet in the bedroom was almost brand new. Still had the new carpet smell! And all the furnishings seemed realatively new as well. It was comfortable and the balcony had a great view of the ocean. It is loud and the elevators are pretty slow but the building is huge and with that many people you have to expect some noise and some elevator delays. Its located directly on the beach and the beach itself is beautiful. We rented the condos beach chairs and umbrellas while we were there and the people who are in charge of the rentals are very helpful and are there for to help you with anything you need. I definitely enjoyed my stay and plan to stay there again the next time I'm in PCB.

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank lsw1018
ResortCollection, Manager at The Summit Condominiums, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you very much! We are so glad to hear about your recent pleasant stay at our property. The Summit is a wonderful place to stay and with all units facing the Gulf of Mexico, you can be sure you will have an amazing view. Thank you for the nice comments on your unit as well and we hope to see you again soon!