“You get what you pay for.”

The Summit Condominiums
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Found this place on Groupon for cheap.
Location was perfect. Loved easy access to beach. Balcony with every room was perfect.
Pool and outside Tiki Bar was awesome.
Rooms were way outdated.. Needed lots up updating and cleaning. Carpet and furniture must have been from 1952. Smelled like staled cigarettes when we walked in. Dishes in cabinets had dust on them. I only used the sheets to sleep on because the comforter was old and looked very dirty.
I have never saw two toilets in one bathroom though. Hair was all on shower walls.
Would I return there??? only if I knew exactly what room is was getting.
Over all the stay was enjoyable.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank stephanie j
ResortCollection, Manager at The Summit Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

We are very glad that Goupon introduced you to our property and that your stay was enjoyable. Thank you for bringing the room concerns to our attention and we will be sure to address. We hope you will return to the Summit again soon to enjoy a great vacation directly on the Gulf of Mexico.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

My family and I returned from one if our best vacations ever, we rented a 3 bedroom condo from mark perry . The unit was so nice and clean my kids had plenty of room to play in the condo and the pool deck was great , we could relax while our kids had fun swimming and using the playground, there were days we never left the complex as we ate at the on site restaurant,.we rented through mark perry on a recommendation that they had used his student break site for their college student, I'm glad we did, we heard from several other guest there that their unit rented through the summit was more expensive and not as nice, mr perry checked on us during ourstay to make sure we were happy with our unit that is great customer service you can't get everywhere,

Room Tip: Rent from owners like mr perry who care about their guestu
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Terry R

Thank you so much for providing this great review! We are so happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you back at the Summit again soon.

Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

The rooms are very outdated, the furniture is dingy and not the cleanest. The second day we were there they informed us over the speakers that they would be testing the fire alarms throughout the week. They tested them starting very early in the morning and throughout the day, it was loud and annoying. The last day we were there they called at 7:30 a.m. to ask us to remove anything that was in front of our door (we had tubes and snorkeling equipment) so that they could power wash. They began power washing the sidewalk and building at 8 a.m. which woke up my entire family. We never once got to sleep in on our vacation due to the fire alarms or power washing. We just never understood why they wouldn't do those things during the off season, not during the busiest vacation time of the year. Also we went downstairs to the restaurant by the pool. When we walked in the worker was picking at her face in the mirror, she didn't even stop when she heard us come in. I asked if they were open and she ignored me, I said excuse me and asked again. She said yes and slowly walked over to the counter. My mother was so disgusted and bothered by her rude attitude that she didn't get anything. Overall, we will not be coming back. It's sad because the view from our room was wonderful.

Stayed: August 2014
4  Thank Jonathan L

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I sincerely apologize for the work the Homeowner’s Association was completing while you were here. Although work is scheduled for off-season, at times it is important to complete this work for the maintenance of the building. I do hope you understand and will try us again so that we can deliver quality customer service as well as accommodations.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

The hotel charges you a $75.00 cleaning fee and a $45.00 damage fee and that was for a one bedroom they charge you more if you have a two or three bedroom. The room was so dirty that the bottom of my clean white socks was filthy, In fact I when to the supermarket down the road to buy cleaning supplies to clean the place myself, except for the rug which need to be replaced.

The sliding glass door blinds was completely broken, the master toilet did not work and a whole bunch of small stuff broken.

And if you complain to the front desk they act like they have no control of doing anything about your complaints.

The place was packed, its not like the money is not coming in to fix the place, the only thing this hotel has going for it the view from your room, this hotel sits on the ocean.

Room Tip: any room that is clean
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank DAVID S

Thank you for writing this review and expressing your concerns. We take your comments seriously and I assure you that they will be addressed. I do apologize that we did not meet your expectations. Please reconsider staying with us again so that we can deliver the quality accommodations and service you are used to receiving and we are used to providing.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

This place sucks got a room had mold all over the top of the ceiling it was horrible would not recommend this place to anyone really just ruined my vacation. When we got to the hotel they sent us to a different hotel to check in about 20 min its the majestic is the other hotel they send u to out the way they gave us the ridiculous long code to get in r room they gave us the wrong code had to drive back to get the right code and then we got into the room mold all over the ceiling it was horrible then I had to drive Back to the majestic get another room spend half my afternoon trying to get that straight instead of chilling at the beach after and the store is over priced a can of coffee is 8.50 and 1 off the pools was closed off the yellow tape it was it was one thing after another with that place I urge no 1 to stay there

• Stayed: August 2014
6  Thank Stevo12457964

I do apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay with us. On behalf of the Summit, I apologize and I assure you that the issues are not the norm. We do hope you will return soon so that we can prove to you that we have quality accommodations and property that caters to a great beach vacation in the heart of Panama City Beach.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stayed in Condo 825 and it was horrible. Walking in superficially it looked very cute. It sleeps 6 but we were packed in like sardines with no one having a ounce of privacy. My mistake there, will look closer next time with square footage and sleeping arrangements. The mattresses were horrible. Had to purchase egg crates for the bunk beds and a memory foam 60$ for the pull out couch just so my boys could make it through the week. There were dirty dishes still in the dish washer. There were not enough linens. The bed linens were worn, dingy and felt like there was sand in the beds. Was not really sure if they were clean. The bed skurt was torn on the master bed. There was mold on the wall behind the toilet. The floors were dirty. The doors would not shut without slamming and they would not lock. The bunk beds were in the hallway between the front door and the living room door. If you want privacy or one is to bed early and others night owls do not rent this place. My kids fought all week about one wanting sleep and the other coming in and out late at night. The elevators were down after the third day there. The staff was very rude and unprofessional. My husband went down to ask some questions and the night clerk was on the cell phone and totally ignored him. So rude!!! I could go on and on, I know this was a privately owned condo, but it makes The Summit look really bad. Well their staff was. Do not rent from a agency. If you are going to rent a private condo rent from the owner,, because if not once they get your money the agency does not care about your satisfaction or things wrong.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
9  Thank Karen B

As you stated, you rented from a private owner and therefore I cannot speak to the concerns you had regarding your unit. When renting through the onsite management we have the front desk, housekeeping and maintenance team all located directly on property. I do hope you understand and will try the Summit again when your travel plans bring you back to the Panama City Beach area.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Besides the sea view everything sucks. The hotel is old and dirty, the rooms smell nasty. Not worth what they charge. I don't understand how could they charge a cleaning fee if the rooms are dirty. This hotel needs to go out of business!!! In short section 8 is a luxury next to this disgusting hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Mrl V

I am sorry that you feel this way and I assure you that many people visit our property time after time and enjoy all that we have to offer. I encourage you to try us again to experience a great beach vacation like so many others do when tey visit the Summit Beach Resort.