This place is right on the beach, with wonderful views. We stayed in room 715, which was clean enough, if a little old and imperfect. It reminded us of an older, musty motel 6 kind of place. As long as you know what to expect, you won't be disappointed. The bed was firm, which my fiance loved, but I didn't like so much. The sheets were clean. There were plenty of clean towels. The furniture was pretty nice. The TVs were old. The AC worked great. The balcony was huge and very nice to sit out on with the view. The elevators were never an issue for us EXCEPT at check out. Check out is at 10am, so get up early and don't wait until the last minute to go down. You WILL have to wait. Probably more than 20 minutes.
We rented though Groupon. We got there after 6 and had to go down to the majestic to check in. It was just a couple minutes up the road and they made things easy. Check out was smooth, despite the elevator delays. Be aware there are resort and cleaning fees of about $150 that they charge at check in.
There are two pools, which we enjoyed immensely in the evenings. It was never really crowded, but after dark it was really empty. There are also 2 hot tubs, which were wonderful in the cool evenings. We didn't try the bar or bikini bob's restaurant. Bikini Bob's is open until 11pm, but be aware the kitchen closes at 10pm.
The beach was gorgeous. There are a bunch of rental chairs and umbrellas, but plenty of room in front of them to set up. While we were there, the beach was clean, though there was quite a bit of seaweed in the water. There are showers on the boardwalk to the beach to rinse off the sand. We noticed a TERRIBLE smell around them. Just awful. But you couldn't smell it from the pool or beach... Must just be all the water collecting under that boardwalk and rotting stuff.
The location was very convenient for us. We ate at Spinnaker's and Hammerhead Fred's both of which are right next door and delicious. There's a walmart just 5 minutes up the road, as well as tons of fast food options close by. It was a bit of a drive to Pier Park, but scenic and worth seeing.
Overall, we enjoyed it. If you go in expecting an amazing resort condo, you will be very disappointed. Just understand it is an older, budget condo.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Summit Condo located on the beautiful white sand beaches of the Gulf of Mexico in Panama City Beach, Florida. Spectacular views and gorgeous sunsets from the 14th floor ocean front balcony. The Summit is next door to the very popular Spinakers Beach Club and Club LaVela. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Agoda, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Summit Condominiums reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Summit Condominiums Hotel Panama City Beach
- Summit Condominiums Panama City Beach
- Summit Panama City Beach
- Summit Condominiums Hotel
- The Summit Panama City Beach
- Panama City Beach Summit
- Summit Panama City Fl
- The Summit Condominiums Panama City Beach, Florida