We just returned from a 4th of July trip to Panama City Beach. Beachbreak by the Sea served our needs perfectly and was a great value. We ended up at this hotel not by choice, but because everything else was sold out. We were NOT disappointed.
The hotel is directly on the beautiful white sandy beach. Yes, the hotel is older, but the rooms were clean and the a/c worked WELL. We stayed in a basic street view room with mini-fridge and microwave. To our surprise, the mini-fridge was a good size (approx. 2 1/2 feet tall) and held lots of drinks. The rooms were quiet. We never heard anyone on either side of us. Beds were a little hard and pillows were somewhat flat, but, again, we weren't expecting a luxury hotel for $119/night. We didn't take advantage of the free continental breakfast, because it is only served from 7-9 a.m. Parking at the hotel is somewhat scarce (overflow is across the street), but we didn't move our car the entire weekend because everything was within walking distance. The Beachbreak location is PERFECT.
Barefoot Beach Club restaurant (directly on the beach) is attached to the hotel. We went there two days for lunch and loved the food. The shrimp club is fantastic! Prices were approximately $10 for sandwiches that include fries. They serve cocktails and have happy hour specials. The only drawback is that they close early (at 10 p.m.) so we never went there in the evenings.
There is an all American diner directly across the street that serves buffet breakfast for $8.99 and a convenience store and souvenir shop right next to that. Sharky's is about 2-3 blocks away and Pier Park is about 1/2 mile from hotel (I recommend walking the beach). Pier Park has SO many great restaurants and shops. There is a German restaurant/bar that is a lot of fun. They have a 3-man band that really entertains the crowd.
There is plenty of beach space for this hotel (as opposed to some of the high rises that have more rooms). We never had a problem finding a spot, even though all hotels in the area were sold out. The beach service has lounge chairs in front of the hotel, but for the holiday weekend they were charging $35/day.
There is free internet service in the lobby - but not in the rooms.
The pool looked clean, but we did not use it because we were only there for 2 days.
The balconies were small with only one or two plastic chairs on them (not sure a beachfront is worth the extra money). There is no elevator at this hotel, but it's only 4 stories, so the stairs were not a problem for us (and we stayed on the 4th floor). The parking lot is on the 3rd floor, so carrying luggage up the steps wasn't an issue.
Hope this review helps. I am a frequent traveler and think Beachbreak is a good value if you're looking for an inexpensive getaway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- While the Beachbreak By The Sea may be small-it stands only four stories in a sea of high-rises-the resort is big on warmth and charm. One of BY THE SEA RESORTS' four gulf-front Panama City Beach hotels, the Beachbreak offers 97 newly-renovated rooms and an array of room types including accommodations with private gulf-front balconies and fully-equipped kitchens as well as cabana-level rooms. Because all of the rooms are affordable, you can take a break without breaking your budget! Discounts at Gulf World Marine Park located across the street, at the nearby Pier Park shopping, dining and entertainment complex and at our beachfront bar and grill next door make your stay even more affordable! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Beachbreak By The Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beachbreak By The Sea Hotel Panama City Beach
- Beachbreak Sea
- Beachbreak By The Sea Panama City Beach, Florida