“Nice, clean, and all around, great place to stay!!”

Beachbreak By The Sea
Ranked #33 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
“Nice, clean, and all around, great place to stay!!”
Reviewed 11 September 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay! We had a ball when we stayed here a few weeks ago! It's their older building but kept up very nice! I will be sure to come back!My son loved it too. There is a play area next door at their restaurant, which was nice! The staff kept us in fresh towls and a clean room! I loved the morning view of the dolphins playing!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Ladylissa931

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed 9 September 2013

My fiance and I recently stayed at Beach Break for 5 nights and 4 days. I was absolutely terrified because a lot of the reviews are less than kind but we had a great experience! Yes this is an older hotel and no it's not very updated but for the value (book through hotel, not travel website) it's wonderful. Being right on the beach is so worth it and it's also so close to many other restautants and activities! We really enjoyed Sharkey's restaurant which is within walking distance. Anyways, back to the hotel, the pool and hot tub were great and they were cleaned every morning. We enjoyed our little balcony and view as well! Our room was cleaned daily and we were given plenty of fresh towels.We also had a mini fridge and mircowave which was great! The staff members we encountered were always friendly and helpful. The breakfast was only bagels, yogurt, muffins, coffee, and juice but this was fine with us! They have toasters for the bagels so at least you get one hot food item! :) So I'd say if you are super picky and expecting perfection, don't stay here. If you are looking for a decent, clean, nicely priced hotel right on the beach then this is definitely for you! I would stay here again in a heart beat and the beginning of Sept seems to be a nice time to travel to Florida!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alyssa C
Fort Mitchell, Alabama
Reviewed 5 September 2013

The Beachbreak is not one of the most luxurious places on Front Beach Rd, however the rooms were clean, the location is great and the prices are good.
With Gulfworld right across the street and Pier Park within walking distance you have a lot of options for a non-beach day.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Andrea M
Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 17 August 2013

I stayed in 411 it was a good room. yeah there is no elevator but you are already on the 3rd floor so if your lazy then yeah id be mad too. balcony is normal. the beach is awesome its a quite part not to crowded and you can walk to pier park and gulf world is across the street. the only complaint I have is no wifi in room but I can live without that I am on vacation. and a better breakfast would be nice but I just brought cereal to go with what they have. my daughter is 11 she had a good time in pool area. we will stay there again

Room Tip: 3rd or 4th floors
4 Thank Bobby C
Waterloo, Iowa
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We stayed on the third floor-room 221.Room was awful, outdated, worst room that you can get. Carpet nasty- full of stains, lost its true colors many years ago, old squeaky beds with gross floral covers. I don't want to mention kitchen. Balcony was too small and couldn't fit 3 people to sit and enjoy the view .Was equipped with 2 old dollar store plastic chairs and no table.You can't go and sit on it because it was too noisy and hot, because of room air-condition that was located on the balcony wall blowing hot air out.Only good thing was the beautiful beach and NOTHING else. Believe me avoid this place and save yourself from disappointment.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel.
1 Thank RJIowa

Travellers are raving about these Panama City Beach hotels

Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We booked & paid for 3 nights, we left after one & paid for another hotel. The check-in consisted of the staff ordering food on the phone and discussing menu options. After she got off the phone, we checked in & trudged to the 4th floor as there is no elevator. On the way to the room we noticed wet concrete with a bit of tape around it, very loud and leaky wall unit air conditioners. We entered the room where the carpet appeared dirty (may just have been stained but I didn't check to confirm), it FELT dirty. The kitchenette table was vinyl orange seating from the 1970's. When I sat on the bed it made the loudest banging noise like I was going to fall through the bed. We reluctantly slept in the room for the night, but worried if it was sanitary the entire time. Every time I turned over the bed again made that terrible noise. The hotel is in a good location but the location isn't good enough to make up for the rest.

Room Tip: Find another place!
1 Thank Julie J
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Stayed a couple of nights at Beackbreak.

I would comment that it looks much better on its website than in reality. We checked in an the reception area is okay but the rooms are old a need a remodel. There was rust around the edges of the tub and the room smelled slightly. They have those old under window AC units that are quite loud. Breakfast is toast, yogurt, juice. We just opened our windows and lived on... I was disappointed for over a hundred a night I expected better.

That said; the towels were clean and the maid service was fine. The beds slept okay.

There is a barbeque available on the ground floor by the beach which is awesome and the pool is nice enough.

Honestly I would stay here again for location. You are in the middle of everything and can walk to pier park and the pier. I just think it should be cheaper for what you get.

Room Tip: Ground floor lets you walk out onto the beach,
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family