Location: right along beach, literally right across a convenience store, and has a wonderful view. Keep in mind that there are two hot spots in PCB, this is on the less crazy side. The more typical spring break area is more east. I actually enjoyed this more because I can relax and socialize and then travel to the other side for the ragers at night. Nice balcony view!
Rooms: it was comfortable livable and mediocre. We only used to really sleep, shower, and leave our stuff in. They asked for a cash $400 security deposit in the beginning-**make sure you do a through room check in the beginning, otherwise they WILL charge you!**. They also gave us wristbands which cost $10 to replace if broken and $50 to replace if lost! Free wifi available only in lobby. Staff was friendly and quick to service. The exterior and interior of the room seemed outdated.
-Cleanliness: it was good, we did not see any bugs or anything like that. The sofa bed was dirty was stains and rust, but other than that it was fine. What was alarming was that we had found drug paraphernalia left from the previous tenant in one of our drawers! We quickly disposed of this.
-Safety: I don't know if it was just for the spring break season, but I felt safe because there was always police officers patrolling around. They never stopped to check your IDs or anything--everyone was out with open cans drinking and everything. I was glad that they were so close if anything ever happened.
-Utilities: the TVs were old and somewhat functional, our toilet was terrible in that it took a long time to fill, and in turn could not flush well, our room had a kitchen (which we primarily used the fridge, microwave, and toaster).
-Room service: will come to change sheets every other day, and comes around to exchange new towels and toss trash everyday
-Continental breakfast: bagels, blueberry/chocolate muffins, yogurt, OJ, apple juice--all for your taking. We just woke up between 7-9am and just grabbed what we wanted and went back to our rooms.
-CONS: the door had a tendency to not close all the way, make sure you lock it! our balcony door did not lock, really loud surroundings that will go early in the morning and late into the evenings, the sofa bed is god awful and will hurt your back,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- While the Beachbreak By The Sea may be small-it stands only four stories in a sea of high-rises-the resort is big on warmth and charm. One of BY THE SEA RESORTS' four gulf-front Panama City Beach hotels, the Beachbreak offers 97 newly-renovated rooms and an array of room types including accommodations with private gulf-front balconies and fully-equipped kitchens as well as cabana-level rooms. Because all of the rooms are affordable, you can take a break without breaking your budget! Discounts at Gulf World Marine Park located across the street, at the nearby Pier Park shopping, dining and entertainment complex and at our beachfront bar and grill next door make your stay even more affordable! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo and TravelUp so you can book your Beachbreak By The Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beachbreak By The Sea Hotel Panama City Beach
- Beachbreak Sea
- Beachbreak By The Sea Panama City Beach, Florida