“Family Vacation”

Beachbreak By The Sea
Ranked #34 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed at the Beachbreak from June 6th - 9th. We had an amazing time in PCB. I have to be honest that we almost did not stay there because of the reviews but we are very glad that we decided to give it a try! It was great and we did not have any problems at all.
The staff was very nice and we would like to say a special Thank You to Samantha who booked our room for us. She was very sweet. (I called the hotel because I was having issues with one of the hotel booking sites) She took the time to answer any questions I had, helped me decide on the room type we needed and got us booked. I also want to thank Rick, from the front desk. (I think he may have been a manager) He greeted us when we got there and was very nice. We were actually very early for check in but h said we could go ahead and go to our room as soon as t was ready. He even sent me a text msg when it was ready! Last I wanted to say Thanks to Christina, from the front desk. She was also very nice. She exchanged some towels for us and talked to me about things to do.
The hotel does not have an elevator but it was fine for us. (Samantha even told me that when I booked the room) We stayed on the 4th floor and had a Beautiful view of the ocean, pool and sunsets! And in response to all the other comments- our room was nice and clean. The carpet seemed a little worn but what do you expect from a hotel at the beach... It was still clean and did not have any mold smells! Also the pool and hot tub there were very nice. Our daughter Loved it! And as far as breakfast we were fine with it too. They had bagels, muffins, oatmeal, coffee and juice. Like my husband said "its a Free Continental breakfast not a buffet., they could have not offered anything"
So thank you to The Beachbreak and staff for a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: If you don't mind the stairs he 4th floor was great
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Shanna L
Diana17101, Director of Sales at Beachbreak By The Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough review! I'm delighted to hear that you loved your stay with us from guest service to breakfast to cleanliness and location! Ricc, Christina and Samantha are truly invaluable assets to Beachbreak By The Sea as well as our many other employees that work so diligently to provide a great stay for each and every guest! Thank you so much for your business and we can't wait to have you back!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Went on a family vacation. The location was perfect! Could not ask for a better spot! BUT the hotel room was just plain nasty. The floors were SO STICKY and the air conditioner looked like it had molds on it. We did not notice it until the last day of our stay! The room smelled moldy and old (that should have been our red flag there). I wrote this same comment at Hotels.com to rate my stay and they would not post it because they said it either had personal information, specific prices, specific/personal insults. I guess they got insulted when I commented about the mold-like stuff on the air conditioner which was true anyway. Hope TripAdvisor posts this to help other guests.

5  Thank Aiko V

Thank you for staying with us. I wish you would have found it more enjoyable. When it comes to review websites, they are the one's that determine what is posted on their own site based on their own rules and regulations. We certainly wouldn't stop a guest from sharing their opinion. We welcome all reviews, negative and positive. They help us know what we did right and what we can improve upon. Of course our goal is for every review to be positive and that is why we strive to provide a clean, comfortable, enjoyable stay for all our guests. It sounds like we could have done a much better job in areas. Your concerns are our concerns and I promise your comments will be addressed with our maintenance and housekeeping staff.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I read a lot of reviews on this place and, despite the bad ones, wanted to give it a try. Yes, the place is a little dated. But PLEASE don't assume that equates to run-down. Is a little paint needed here or there? Sure, but if you are going to knit-pick every little thing wrong about a place, or you need a concierge to make dinner reservations, then you should drive the extra block and pay 2 or 3 times the price at the Wyndham. One has to realize that this is BEACHFRONT. I live in Clearwater and happen to know that beachfront property is 10 times more difficult (and expensive) to maintain than those hotels in the city. This is a budget property (which I'm very thankful for). That said, a budget property will draw a "less classy" type of clientele. I observed guests flagrantly tracking sand, throwing trash, slamming doors, and generally ransacking the place. No hotel can withstand that type of sustained abuse.

The hotel staff does an excellent job of trying to keep up. I give a lot of credit to the entire staff for not asking some of their guests to leave. I spoke with several folks and they were all as friendly as could be. Housekeeping tidied the room even when I said they didn't need to. You see, I pick up after myself, discard trash in the appropriate container, put things where they belong, and was hanging up and reusing my towel long before it was the "environmental" thing to do. I don't need valet parking, nor do I need an elevator to get my things to my room. I need an affordable room directly on the beach and this place delivered! Most of the negative reviews seem to stem from folks with a champagne appetite on a beer budget. For example, if you don't like the continental breakfast, walk the couple of blocks to Jeannie's One Stop Diner or Starbucks or even across the street to All American Diner. I visited all of these during the week I was there, just because I didn't want to fight the "hogs" scarfing down bagels and muffins like it was the last supper.

The location, besides being directly on the beach, is only one mile from Pier Park, so you are walking distance from all of the action. My room (417) was very clean and comfy. Bottom line: I really liked this place and would definitely stay again when I visit the panhandle.

Room Tip: Property has 4 floors and no elevator. I recommend floor 3 or 4. You have to climb stairs, but the...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Dogfather96
Diana17101, Director of Sales at Beachbreak By The Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Thank you for your valuable review. You really covered some excellent points and gave some great tips! Thank you so much for staying with us and acknowledging all the great attributes of Beachbreak By The Sea. I'm so happy to hear that you had a lovely stay and look forward to many more of your return visits!

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Second time at this motel. we lucked up and got a room on the ground floor, 24 steps yes i counted them to the beach!!! cant get that from the snotty hotels..the guy that checked us in was great( didnt get his name).. The room is a little outdated but who spends all their time in the room? I dont. It was clean!!. The breakfast is not for a hungry crowd so dont expect to get a full course meal.It is enough to get you going.. The staff is awesome, noticed the staff out at all times cleaning and picking Cigarette butts up that nasty people throw down!!The Motel is awesome have only one complaint the WiFi is a no go in the room, besides that I will stay again and will recommend this to my friends..

Room Tip: Get the ground floor...
4  Thank Halyn Cade M

Thank you so much for your review and for your business! Love that you love the Beachbreak and our cabana level rooms! We can't wait to have you back.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We decided last minute to hit the beach for the weekend and ended up staying here since it was the only vacancy we could find beachfront on such short notice.
The Bad: Comparing the price per night, it cost only a few bucks less than a couple of other hotels we had previously stayed at. The property is very old, it has potential to be much better than what is offered for the price. Everything was really dated, the shower head was installed extremely low which required my husband to have to bend down, really weird........the ice machine looked absolutely horrible and since there were no elevators we had to make several trips, there were quite a few cigarette burns in the bathroom and only one usable electrical outlet in the room located above the television. There is not a HOT breakfast or any amenities worth mentioning, except a pool that we did not use. I had read previously that upgrades were in the process but they had not reached my room if this is the case. I was told that this property was the same owners as the Legacy and Beachcomber which are all very close to each other. All-in-all, It's an old room to sleep in at an inflated rate and I would not stay here again unless there's a significant upgrade or price change. Nor would I consider the other properties that's owned by the same company after this stay.

The good: Good location & Beach Front

Beach Chairs & Umbrellas are available to rent on the beach for $20 per person.

2  Thank L B

The Beachbreak is an older hotel. It's one of the rare beachfront classics that still remain in Panama City Beach. Structurally, one could say it has old bones but cosmetically we keep it up to date often with new furniture, art work, window treatments, carpet and paint every few years. At only 4 stories tall it does not have an elevator but what it does have, that so many other hotels and condos don't have, are cabana level rooms. Yep, floor one is level with the beach and the pool! Step right out onto our sugar white sands!

We are not set up to offer a HOT breakfast so this is why we do not advertise a HOT breakfast but what we do offer to every one of our guests is a FREE continental breakfast every morning in our lobby. Enjoy bagels, yogurt, oatmeal, a variety of muffins, juice and coffee on us!

While I wish you would have enjoyed your stay better I do thank you for staying with us and hope that you may return.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

A group of ten of us went down to PCB in the middle of May for our Annual Fishing Trip. We stayed at the BeachBreak by the Sea on Front Beach Road in PCB. This is an older hotel but the staff has made a valiant effort to keep it clean and up to date. My room was on the 3rd floor, which due to the way the hotel is situated allowed me to walk out of my room and almost directly to my vehicle. I would like to give a special shout out to Kristina who help me with my room location and my internet issues. She and the entire staff made our stay very enjoyable. We are planning to return next year.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank BB B
Diana17101, Director of Sales at Beachbreak By The Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with others about your great stay with us! We can't wait to have you back and I will definitely relay your kudos to Kristina!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

we have stayed here for 2 years in a row...the rooms are outdated that's for sure and the breakfast is limited but for the price well worth the stay. the staff is very helpful and go out of their way to make your stay the best....highly recommended for a stay....they also own legency next door if they are full///...make sure you try their restaurant next door....barefoot landing for a great meal....

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Diana17101, Director of Sales at Beachbreak By The Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you for selecting the Beachbreak By The Sea to be your home away from home when staying in Panama City Beach. We're so glad that you enjoy your stay with us each and every time! .