“Wonderful location - issues with rooms”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Legacy By The Sea

Legacy By The Sea
Ranked #14 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
DeFuniak Springs, Florida
“Wonderful location - issues with rooms”
Reviewed 23 May 2012

Hey guys - we had our daughters 16th birthday beach get-away here last year. Wanted to be close to pier park for shopping and eating out fun. You can't beat the location. The pool area was very clean and the water was sparkling. the beach area was very nice. the only issues were with our adjoining rooms. They smelled and the air conditioning didn't work well. Felt stuffy in the rooms. I would recommend bringing a small fan for air circulation. Other than that the rooms seemed clean and the kitchenettes were well appointed with microwaves and full sized fridges. I can't remember if there was a stove. Seemed well appointed with utinsels as well. the beachfront balconies were nice as well. the price was right, so for the money, i'd stay here again. We stayed here April 2011

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Hanover
Reviewed 22 May 2012 via mobile

Spent six nights here and was very happy with the accommodations. The place could use a little TLC and some fresh paint but overall it is very clean and a good value. Beach, pool and service perfect. Breakfast is not too hot. A couple of bucks tipped to housekeeping goes a long way.
After a 10 hour drive we arrived early and they promptly got us a room without any fuss. They treat you like a customer and not a tourist. Refreshing attitude!

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 21 May 2012

My family and I stayed in this wonderful hotel. Had a great time, very clean, great customer service from the staff. I will stay at this hotel on my return.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank brendafromindiana
Indiana
Reviewed 21 May 2012

We stayed at the Legacy by the Sea on our recent visit to Panama City Beach! My research paid off on this one for sure, it had gotten some good reviews on trip advisor and was in the area we wanted to be in for this visit. Upon arrival we found out they had put us on a high floor per my request and in the middle of the building. This worked out better than I had hoped for. Turns out the middle units set sideways, that means not only is your bedroom on the beach side but so is the living room/kitchen area. There is also a connecting room with this, so if you had a family or friends it would be even better. The whole room was very clean and smelled fresh. We found lots of towels in the bathroom which is always a plus for us. We had what was considered the King Suite, the bed was comforable( Pillows were a little flat ) but we were able to adjust. With the full kitchen we were able to have breakfast in the room every morning as well as lunch. This saved us a lot of money and its what we like to do. When were on the beach we like to get as much time there as possible, not driving around half the day looking for something to eat. They also have a small coffee maker in the room, we requested extra decalf coffee and got it so we could alway have that second pot. Over all we were very pleased, the parking gets a little tight on site, they offer additional parking across the street which I didn't care for, but it worked out. I will look at them the next time we go back there. Again its right on the beach with a great view!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Take extra pillows
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank JIMDS1957
Reviewed 20 May 2012

We have stayed in the Legacy for the past 2yrs..... It is PERFECT for us and ALl of our needs! Having a fridge and a full kitchen (even has plates, pots/pans, silverware, glasses, ect) is AWESOME!!! The beach in front of the hotel is a popular beach too.,.. It seems like all the fun stuff to do ( parasailing, wave runner rentals, boat rides, ect) is all located there too:))). This yr when we pulled- up they were changing all the rooms mattresses too and that made me like this hotel even more knowing they keep up on maintenance & upkeep of the hotel:))). It's in walking distance of ALOT of shops and fun restaurants too! I can't stress enough on how good of a value this hotel is!!!!!! I've paid 2-3times MORE for hotels in the past that we're outdated!!! You WON'T be disappointed...... I'm picky and would write the truth on here either way!

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank Breatnt
Columbus Georgia
Reviewed 13 May 2012

First off let me begin by saying that the Staff is amazing! From the moment we pulled into the parking lot to the day we checked out they were so helpful and respectful. The room was defiantly more then I expected thank goodness because I have to be honest for the price I was a little scared. The rooms were VERY clean and passed the sock test. We also had alot of room with a 2 room suite. It was very quiet as well. The cleaning staff came daily which was even better. The elevators ran quickly also and to top it off the pool was very clean. There are 2 great places to eat with in walking distance and Pier Park is within walking distance. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone. I did find out that the best rooms are the rooms that end in 7 :-) I will most definatly be booking again at Legacy!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Messercd
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 11 May 2012

This was my fourth visit to the property. We didn't do the continental breakfast in the am, as, it is (if I remember correctly) very basic. Housekeeping does a great job! The room was immaculate. #1205. The game room is now a small fitness center. Barefoot Beach Club is right next door. They offer awesome specials, and, pretty good food. The portions are GIGANTIC, making it the best value on the beach. The pool was very very clean as was the grounds. New pillow top mattresses are being added this week, the one I slept on was very comfortable, though,not a new one. Suggestions for improvements would include a more knowlegeable, freindly, guest service staff. Make sure you have your directions to where you want to go prior to going. Also, the in room internet is quite the rip off. Its $10 per day per device. Therefore, our two computers and my Ipod would have been $30 to connect per day. There is one complinementary computer in the lobby that is free. There was only one time I couldn't get on it and that was when a guest spent two hours on it herself. I would stay again!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends