Legacy By The Sea
US$112
Country Inn
Hampton Inn Panama City Beach(Panama City Beach)(Great Value!)
US$115
Hampton.com
Chateau Motel(Panama City Beach)
US$124
US$114
  • Pool
Beachcomber By The Sea(Panama City Beach)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$128
Orbitz.com
US$158
US$128
US$138
La Quinta Inn & Suites Panama City Beach Pier Park(Panama City Beach)(Great Value!)
US$101
Travelocity
Beachside Resort Panama City Beach(Panama City Beach)(Great Value!)
US$150
Holiday Terrace Motel(Panama City Beach)(Great Value!)
US$132
Travelocity
  • Pool
Bikini Beach Resort(Panama City Beach)(Great Value!)
US$124
  • Pool
All reviewsfront deskacross the streetcontinental breakfastyogurtthe penthouseking suitegulf worldfull kitchenliving roomocean viewhot tubsmall kitchenpanama citybeach frontpull out couchthe room was nicerooms were very clean
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 April 2014

First, I have been to this location for about five years now - It has always been my first choice for lodging in the area. This time I was pleasantly surprised out how meticulously clean the room was. I was also thrilled to see the new flat screen TV's and new Pillow Top Mattresses in the guest rooms . It is a nice location on the beach close to Pier Park with a 24 hour convenient store located directly across the street. There is a continental breakfast and I was happy to see they added yogurt and waffles to it. The beach is nice and the pool is heated. However, these are the items I feel need attention. First, housekeeping lacks in putting guest supply in the room such as shampoo, soap, dish soap, etc. As a matter of fact they attempt to avoid servicing your room at all costs. We stayed 5 nights and planned for four. I wouldn't recommend extending your stay as I felt priced gouged. The central reservation agents offer a deal for repeat guests - or they did for me. The manager at the front desk gave me an evil glare when I asked one. Also, I think you should note that long distance isn't available as the phone system is broken. Emergency phone calls can be made at the front desk with scrutinazatization by the staff. This made me uncomfortable when trying to communicate at home. They have taken the free Wifi out of the lobby but they do have a guest computer. I prefer to use my own. All things considered I think I will look for a new favorite place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank cottoneyedjoe314
Diana17101, Director of Sales at Legacy By The Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Thank you for your review and thank you for your loyal business.

We provide Free housekeeping daily. It is common practice for us to service rooms unless specifically asked not to or a "do not disturb" sign is hung on the outside of the exterior door. In that case we like to honor the guest's wishes. I'm sorry you felt price gouged. Our nightly rates tend to be lower during the weekdays than the weekends due to supply and demand, especially during holiday and event weekends. Reservations made well in advance will usually score you the best rate. Once your reservation is made, your secured rate will not change no matter how busy we get. Of course, if not sure, you can choose to wait and add on to your stay while in house. However, we cannot guarantee the same rate quoted previously as rates fluctuate dependent upon availability, just as other services and accommodations (flights, cruises, etc.) If not satisfied with the rate, we certainly would not force anyone to extend their stay.

Previously, internet access was only available in our lobby. However, internet access is available throughout the hotel through a third party service. This third party does charge for their service. We will continue to have a computer in the lobby with free internet access for any guest to use. I apologize for your trouble with long distance service. Long distance calls can be made from the room.

I'm glad we've been able to meet your needs providing a comfortable, clean and enjoyable place to stay over the past five years. I'm also glad to hear that you were thrilled with our upgrades like our new flat screen TVs, new pillow top mattresses and new menu items added to our free continental breakfast (yogurt and fresh waffles). With our success at meeting your needs over the past five years, I really hope that you can give us another chance.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I just got back from a staying at this hotel the 2nd week of April. This hotel is definitely not a 5 star resort by any means. It's a great hotel for families traveling on a tight budget! I got there on Saturday night and unfortunately the first night I did have to call security around 12:30 am for noise disturbance. There were young adults yelling, laughing and being quite obnoxious on the balcony right outside of my room. Security took care of it promptly! I didn't have any other issues after that. I stayed 4 nights.

The room itself was a bit dated but served it's purpose well. I like that the living room and bedrooms are separated and each room had a television. That came in quite handy when the weather turned for worst and got cold and we stayed in one day! I like watching the news and no one else does. The kitchen was adequate for cooking meals throughout our stay and made our trip that much more economical. The beds were very comfortable - Simmons Beauty Rest mattresses (I looked). The bathroom was standard and did have a tub and not just a shower. The water pressure in the shower was very good as well. I liked that the hotel provided plenty of towels because often time you have to request extras. I also can say that the hotel was pretty clean including the fridge, oven, bathroom and sheets!

The hotel is in a great location with excellent beach access right at the hotel. The pool was very small but I go to beach to enjoy the beach and not the pool. I also like that the hotel is located more on the west side of Panama City Beach, which seems to be less congested. The traffic can get really hectic on any busy weekend. It's also about a 1/2 mile from Pier Park with all the new shops and restaurants. The one downside is the parking situation. There is parking in front of the hotel but there are very limited spaces. The underground parking is very limited as well. If the hotel was at capacity then it's quite possible you might be parking across the street and to the west side of the hotel in a gravel lot. I never had to park there but I would have been worried about my car if I did. One other thing to keep in mind...the elevators get really jammed up during the "peak" times. Get on whenever you can!!

I definitely would stay here again if I was on a tight budget because I felt I got a very good value for my money!

5  Thank Kimberly S
Diana17101, Director of Sales at Legacy By The Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Kimberly,

Thank you for writing a review on TripAdvisor about your recent stay with us. We work very hard to ensure that our guests have a fun and memorable vacation and appreciate your nice comments regarding our pool, beach access, comfy beds, convenient location to activities and our courteous and prompt staff.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

We stayed at the Legacy for 4 days/3 nights in April 2014. We paid about $500 total for 3 nights so I didn't have any five star expectations going in. The front desk staff were incredibly nice and helpful our entire stay. The lobby is pretty small which makes for a crowded continental breakfast area (donuts, bagels, cereal, and a waffle maker). The room was clean and the housekeeping did a good job each day. The rooms are definitely not modern or recently refreshed by any means. The ocean view is great. Nothing wrong really, but nothing spectacular.

I was extremely disappointed with the pack'n'play they provided in the room. I called a week ahead and was told there was no guarantee that it would be available, but it was there when we arrived. We opened it and there was still garbage from the last user inside. Dirty napkins and some glow sticks, plus the inevitable sand; I'm guessing someone used it on the beach. There were holes, many many stains, it didn't even stay up well, and it didn't have a sheet.

The beach access was great. It does cost $35/day to get an umbrella with two chairs on the beach. The pool was nice, definitely on the small side though, and no kiddie pool.

I would probably only recommend this hotel to people looking for a cheap deal, who don't have toddlers.

Room Tip: We were in an *07 room and had ocean views from both the bedroom and the living room; it was slightly noisier though since we were right by the elevators.
2  Thank Ami T
Diana17101, Director of Sales at Legacy By The Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you were pleased with our friendly and helpful front desk staff, accommodations and the cleanliness of your room. I sincerely apologize for the condition of the pack'n'play we provided you. There is no excuse for that. Our policy is that all pack'n'plays, after use, are to be cleaned then checked again before setting them up in the room for a new guest. The Housekeeping Manager has been notified so that appropriate action can be taken to ensure this does not happen again. We hope that you will be back and grant us an opportunity to step up where we missed the mark last time.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Our stay at the Legacy was great. The room could've been updated a tad by that's a small thing. I look for cleanliness in a hotel and it was superb! The beds we're comfy as well as the pillows. Oceanfront view was fabulous and everyone was very kind. The oceanfront pool was also great! I would recommend others to give it a try. Your won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Brian G, Front Office Manager at Legacy By The Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

We do pride ourselves on our cleanliness, our friendliness, and our views of the gulf! Thank you for taking the time to let us know that we were able to hit the mark on all three of these, and we look forward to serving you as our guest again in the future!

Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night over spring break. Beautiful room and view with kitchen . Lobby small, breakfast slim( wouldn't consider this a full meal- mostly carbs). Not a lot going on, website catered to spring breakers, though no actual events going on the premises.

• Stayed: April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! I agree, the view of the gulf from all of our rooms is beautiful! The breakfast is a bit limited, but it is complimentary with the stay. Nothing fancy, but it allows an affordable option to start the day! We do welcome Spring Breakers, but our facilities are not as such that we really can offer on site events. However, our location is great for getting out to Pier Park and the local night scene!

We appreciate your business, and I hope that you will come see us again in the near future!