“Best view ever ,clean basic room”
Review of Legacy By The Sea

Legacy By The Sea
Ranked #14 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
“Best view ever ,clean basic room”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

The room is very plain but mine was updated and clean.I only found two roaches in six days ,thats not so bad ,right ?Not so bad.The housekeeper wa svery nice but would just knock at the door and give me towels and ask for my dirty ines and garbage.Dont come here if you expect to be spoiled ,my room was cleaned once though so not so bad.
The desk staff were very nice and efficient.
The beach view was worth the price alone.I litterally choaked up whe I saw it ,and i didnt even cry at my own wedding.Mind youI see nothing but corn and cows at home but still.stayed on 12th floor ,amazing view.u can hear every toilet in the building though amd the elevators are loud so stay away from them if youre a light sleeper.the architect was a moron ,the street side is also your bedroom side and an open corridor .
Beach was kept clean while i was there.great place for kids.i am coming back with them asap ,already planning a trip back.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank ltdkitten81

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I stayed in one of the beach front one bedrooms over looking the gulf on the 12th floor with my partner this past weekend, and it was a pleasant surprise! While the property itself is small and not exactly a five star resort, the rooms were very clean, the staff was very pleasant and helpful, and the views were absolutely spectacular. While you might be able to get twelve pools, mini bowling, and a lazy river at other properties, we came for the views, and they delivered.

The only problem I had (other than the forecast going very cold when we expected a warm beachy weekend) was the parking. We had to circle around for a spot most nights, and one night we had to park across the street in a gravel lot that was slightly unwelcoming, but we promptly moved our car that next morning to the underground garage, and it wasn't that big a deal. Room service was great, keeping everything stocked and clean, and had no issues coming back in an hour when we hadn't left for the day yet. We were also able to get a later check out with no issues (because who checks out at 10 am on a sunday??).

The absolute best part about the view was the fact that we saw several pods of dolphins playing around in the waves several times both Saturday and Sunday and it was more entertaining and exciting than a large pool or tiki bar would be.

We liked it so much that we're looking at booking another trip in august already! Definitely recommend this place if you're looking for amazing ocean views and experience, and not so much for a 5 star luxury spa.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Diana17101, Director of Sales at Legacy By The Sea, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to share some thoughts about your experience at Legacy! I appreciate your accolades about our clean rooms and pleasant staff. Thank you for pointing out or great location as well. It really is second to none! All rooms have a beach view with balcony plus we are located within a mile of Pier Park (shopping, dining, entertainment complex)!

I am glad that you were able to find beach side parking spaces most of your stay. The spaces under and in front of the building are certainly at a premium. However, as you stated, we do have ample parking to accommodate when we are at capacity. It is located just across two-lane Front Beach Road in a well-lit, video recorded parking lot that is owned by our company for our guests so no need to be concerned.

Although the temperature got a little cooler while you were here, it sounds like you had a great time hanging at the beach. I wish we had control over the weather. I would certainly order up a bright, warm, sunny day every day for all our guests to enjoy 365! I'm excited to hear you will be returning to the Legacy in August as you are guaranteed warm weather and perhaps even more dolphin sightings!
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 22 April 2014

First, I have been to this location for about five years now - It has always been my first choice for lodging in the area. This time I was pleasantly surprised out how meticulously clean the room was. I was also thrilled to see the new flat screen TV's and new Pillow Top Mattresses in the guest rooms . It is a nice location on the beach close to Pier Park with a 24 hour convenient store located directly across the street. There is a continental breakfast and I was happy to see they added yogurt and waffles to it. The beach is nice and the pool is heated. However, these are the items I feel need attention. First, housekeeping lacks in putting guest supply in the room such as shampoo, soap, dish soap, etc. As a matter of fact they attempt to avoid servicing your room at all costs. We stayed 5 nights and planned for four. I wouldn't recommend extending your stay as I felt priced gouged. The central reservation agents offer a deal for repeat guests - or they did for me. The manager at the front desk gave me an evil glare when I asked one. Also, I think you should note that long distance isn't available as the phone system is broken. Emergency phone calls can be made at the front desk with scrutinazatization by the staff. This made me uncomfortable when trying to communicate at home. They have taken the free Wifi out of the lobby but they do have a guest computer. I prefer to use my own. All things considered I think I will look for a new favorite place to stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank cottoneyedjoe314
Diana17101, Director of Sales at Legacy By The Sea, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thank you for your review and thank you for your loyal business.

We provide Free housekeeping daily. It is common practice for us to service rooms unless specifically asked not to or a "do not disturb" sign is hung on the outside of the exterior door. In that case we like to honor the guest's wishes. I'm sorry you felt price gouged. Our nightly rates tend to be lower during the weekdays than the weekends due to supply and demand, especially during holiday and event weekends. Reservations made well in advance will usually score you the best rate. Once your reservation is made, your secured rate will not change no matter how busy we get. Of course, if not sure, you can choose to wait and add on to your stay while in house. However, we cannot guarantee the same rate quoted previously as rates fluctuate dependent upon availability, just as other services and accommodations (flights, cruises, etc.) If not satisfied with the rate, we certainly would not force anyone to extend their stay.

Previously, internet access was only available in our lobby. However, internet access is available throughout the hotel through a third party service. This third party does charge for their service. We will continue to have a computer in the lobby with free internet access for any guest to use. I apologize for your trouble with long distance service. Long distance calls can be made from the room.

I'm glad we've been able to meet your needs providing a comfortable, clean and enjoyable place to stay over the past five years. I'm also glad to hear that you were thrilled with our upgrades like our new flat screen TVs, new pillow top mattresses and new menu items added to our free continental breakfast (yogurt and fresh waffles). With our success at meeting your needs over the past five years, I really hope that you can give us another chance.
dovescry21
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I just got back from a staying at this hotel the 2nd week of April. This hotel is definitely not a 5 star resort by any means. It's a great hotel for families traveling on a tight budget! I got there on Saturday night and unfortunately the first night I did have to call security around 12:30 am for noise disturbance. There were young adults yelling, laughing and being quite obnoxious on the balcony right outside of my room. Security took care of it promptly! I didn't have any other issues after that. I stayed 4 nights.

The room itself was a bit dated but served it's purpose well. I like that the living room and bedrooms are separated and each room had a television. That came in quite handy when the weather turned for worst and got cold and we stayed in one day! I like watching the news and no one else does. The kitchen was adequate for cooking meals throughout our stay and made our trip that much more economical. The beds were very comfortable - Simmons Beauty Rest mattresses (I looked). The bathroom was standard and did have a tub and not just a shower. The water pressure in the shower was very good as well. I liked that the hotel provided plenty of towels because often time you have to request extras. I also can say that the hotel was pretty clean including the fridge, oven, bathroom and sheets!

The hotel is in a great location with excellent beach access right at the hotel. The pool was very small but I go to beach to enjoy the beach and not the pool. I also like that the hotel is located more on the west side of Panama City Beach, which seems to be less congested. The traffic can get really hectic on any busy weekend. It's also about a 1/2 mile from Pier Park with all the new shops and restaurants. The one downside is the parking situation. There is parking in front of the hotel but there are very limited spaces. The underground parking is very limited as well. If the hotel was at capacity then it's quite possible you might be parking across the street and to the west side of the hotel in a gravel lot. I never had to park there but I would have been worried about my car if I did. One other thing to keep in mind...the elevators get really jammed up during the "peak" times. Get on whenever you can!!

I definitely would stay here again if I was on a tight budget because I felt I got a very good value for my money!

5 Thank Kimberly S
Diana17101, Director of Sales at Legacy By The Sea, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Kimberly,

Thank you for writing a review on TripAdvisor about your recent stay with us. We work very hard to ensure that our guests have a fun and memorable vacation and appreciate your nice comments regarding our pool, beach access, comfy beds, convenient location to activities and our courteous and prompt staff.
Petersburg, Illinois
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We stayed at the Legacy for 4 days/3 nights in April 2014. We paid about $500 total for 3 nights so I didn't have any five star expectations going in. The front desk staff were incredibly nice and helpful our entire stay. The lobby is pretty small which makes for a crowded continental breakfast area (donuts, bagels, cereal, and a waffle maker). The room was clean and the housekeeping did a good job each day. The rooms are definitely not modern or recently refreshed by any means. The ocean view is great. Nothing wrong really, but nothing spectacular.

I was extremely disappointed with the pack'n'play they provided in the room. I called a week ahead and was told there was no guarantee that it would be available, but it was there when we arrived. We opened it and there was still garbage from the last user inside. Dirty napkins and some glow sticks, plus the inevitable sand; I'm guessing someone used it on the beach. There were holes, many many stains, it didn't even stay up well, and it didn't have a sheet.

The beach access was great. It does cost $35/day to get an umbrella with two chairs on the beach. The pool was nice, definitely on the small side though, and no kiddie pool.

I would probably only recommend this hotel to people looking for a cheap deal, who don't have toddlers.

Room Tip: We were in an *07 room and had ocean views from both the bedroom and the living room; it was slightl...
2 Thank als149
Diana17101, Director of Sales at Legacy By The Sea, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thank you for your review. I'm glad you were pleased with our friendly and helpful front desk staff, accommodations and the cleanliness of your room. I sincerely apologize for the condition of the pack'n'play we provided you. There is no excuse for that. Our policy is that all pack'n'plays, after use, are to be cleaned then checked again before setting them up in the room for a new guest. The Housekeeping Manager has been notified so that appropriate action can be taken to ensure this does not happen again. We hope that you will be back and grant us an opportunity to step up where we missed the mark last time.
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Our stay at the Legacy was great. The room could've been updated a tad by that's a small thing. I look for cleanliness in a hotel and it was superb! The beds we're comfy as well as the pillows. Oceanfront view was fabulous and everyone was very kind. The oceanfront pool was also great! I would recommend others to give it a try. Your won't be disappointed!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Brian G, Front Office Manager at Legacy By The Sea, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
We do pride ourselves on our cleanliness, our friendliness, and our views of the gulf! Thank you for taking the time to let us know that we were able to hit the mark on all three of these, and we look forward to serving you as our guest again in the future!
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night over spring break. Beautiful room and view with kitchen . Lobby small, breakfast slim( wouldn't consider this a full meal- mostly carbs). Not a lot going on, website catered to spring breakers, though no actual events going on the premises.

• Stayed April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! I agree, the view of the gulf from all of our rooms is beautiful! The breakfast is a bit limited, but it is complimentary with the stay. Nothing fancy, but it allows an affordable option to start the day! We do welcome Spring Breakers, but our facilities are not as such that we really can offer on site events. However, our location is great for getting out to Pier Park and the local night scene!

We appreciate your business, and I hope that you will come see us again in the near future!