“Nice hotel for price”

Ranked #14 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Lexington, Kentucky
“Nice hotel for price”
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Our room was clean and had a kitchen for cooking small meals. The view is amazing and there are chairs for rent right in front. We enjoyed our stay and will be back. Only bad part was breakfast, it's crazy.

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank MrsRobinson3

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Douglasville, Georgia
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My wife and our 2 sons (age 22 & 19) had a terrific time staying at The Legacy.
Everyone was super nice and so friendly. We usually go to Daytona Beach for a week but we decided to try Panama City in May of this year. We kind of stepped out of our comfort zone. Everything about the room was perfect. We had a King Suite so naturally my wife and I got the King bed. Our sons were very happy with the pull out queen sofa bed. We had plenty of room and we actually got the 12th floor as requested. I want to thank all of the staff for taking care of us. Even the person-(Kayla) that originally booked us was very nice and helpful. She informed us of a special that we took advantage of. We were within walking distance of a lot of things and a couple of mile from Wal-Mart & Target. Thank you Legacy for everything. Whoever writes bad reviews are obviously never going to be satisfied with anything and just like to be-moan everything. I know we will go back to the Legacy soon. I can't wait and neither can my wife. Thank you from the Jackson Family!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: We liked the higher room for the view.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Milton J
Diana17101, Director of Sales at Legacy By The Sea, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Milton J,

Thank you for trying out Panama City Beach and even more importantly trying out our resort the Legacy By The Sea. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found everything about your room to be perfect! Can't wait to have you back Jackson Family!
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My husband and I have come to Legacy for the past couple of years in late August for our Anniversary. I swore last August (2013) I would write a review as soon as we got home and I simply forgot. We are now planning our third trip to PCB and of course planning to stay at Legacy and this will be our 10 year anniversary!!!!!!!!! I have been looking over reviews to make sure we are making the best choice for our big anniversary, even though we already have made a reservation at Legacy, and I have been so pleased to see all the wonderful reviews and even more thrilled to see the Legacy Sales Director responding to the reviews. I am in customer service/sales myself and that means a lot.

Please understand my comments are from nearly a year ago I am confident they still hold true. We have always had ex

Room Tip: Higher floor units have the best views!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Melanie V
Diana17101, Director of Sales at Legacy By The Sea, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Melanie V,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts about your wonderful stay with us! We certainly strive to provide superior service to our guests. It's fantastic to hear that you will soon be celebrating your 10 year anniversary; congratulations! We are delighted that you have selected the Legacy to be your accommodations for such a joyous occasion! Let the festivities begin!
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We arrived at the Legacy Hotel on June 23rd. Upon arrival, the front desk clerk was very courteous, and checked us in. We arrived in the room, and were very pleased with the cleanliness of the room, and the layout. I did make mention to my wife that it would be nice if the bedroom side was next to the ocean and not the living area.

The next morning, we went to the lobby for the complementary continental breakfast. The breakfast consisted of do it yourself waffles, bagels, donuts and cereal. Talk about a mad house. There was a line for what we eventually found out was the waffle maker. Two people came down and went around the line and began to grab bagels. Another lady jumped out of the line and began to yell at the couple for being line jumpers. A fight nearly broke out, but was calmed down before anything truly began. Overall we decided we would come down late for breakfast just to miss the action. The way breakfast is served can be ran a little differently to prevent such confusion, and much less anger with the guest. One more note with the breakfast, the lady who kept the breakfast stocked was busy, but also very rude. I would say that she could use a vacation to be a little happier.

Next thing that I believe they need to change it the WIFI they have at the facility. I stayed at an Econolodge, and received free WIFI. I arrived at Legacy and paid $23.00 for a weeks worth of WIFI access. The WIFI I received at the Econolodge was much faster, and stayed connected. Legacy could fork up the money and provide free WIFI to their guest. If McDonald's can do it, so can they.

Final complaint I have is that they could spend more time observing what happens at the pool. One day we were there, and numerous children were there, unsupervised. They were diving in the pool and jumping near people, blatantly ignoring the rules.

Overall the stay at the hotel was ok. The last night, people were setting off fireworks until 2 a.m., which became quite annoying when we had to leave early. The location is right on the beach, and near Pier Park. They made a deal with the restaurant next to them to provide free food delivery to the room as well.

Overall I would love to see a few changes as the hotel, and they would be a top notched place.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Bleedblue83
Dear Bleedblu83,

Thank you for sharing your experience with our resort on TripAdvisor. We are happy to hear that you were very pleased with our cleanliness, room layout and courteous staff. Thank you for the suggestions about breakfast, wifi and pool supervision. We take these reviews very seriously and will be sharing your comments with our Management Team. We thank you for your feedback and hope you'll be staying with us again soon!
Fort Benning, Georgia
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

The below people are high. This hotel is horrible. The rooms are dirty, the A/C's barely work, parking is almost non existent, unless you want to park across the street behind a questionable looking convenience store. The pool is a joke, and someone crapped on the pool deck. The ice machines don't work, and the front desk told me to go across the street to buy a bag of ice. The street noise is so loud you can barely sleep. The balconies are rendered useless by the exhaust of the A/C's that is vented outside. Breakfast is a nightmare of a process. If you live in trash, than this place will be suitable for you.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank chris_davis861
Diana17101, Director of Sales at Legacy By The Sea, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Chris_davis861,

I'm sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. I'd like to address a few of your concerns. Our ice machines do work. We actually have several throughout the building located on various floors. Perhaps they were out of ice at the moment, working to generate more for our guests to enjoy. If filling up a cooler it is best to purchase a bag from the convenience store just across from the hotel. Usually about $3-4 a bag. I apologize if this recommendation was interpreted in any ill fashion. It's unfortunate that you were not pleased with your beachfront balcony as this is what so many of our guests enjoy about our suites along with our fully equipped kitchens. Our pool is beachfront. We also have a beachfront hot tub. Our maintenance department keeps this area as well as the entire property very clean. I'm sure the incident you mentioned was cleaned up quickly.

It would have been nice to have the opportunity to address your concerns in person during your stay but perhaps you will give us another try if you return to Panama City Beach, FL.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This June we stayed at the Legacy for the second time. The first time was in August 2013, when we chose this property because of the ability to book a room for people under the age of 21. This year this issue no longer concerned us, however we liked it there so much we decided to stay with them again.
The service at this hotel has been remarkable both times. Karen, the front desk attendant, has made us feel welcomed and at ease from the second we walked into the lobby, and throughout our stay. She provides a great benefit for this hotel, and I truly hope they take care of her accordingly!
We have booked a double suite both times and chose to stay in the same room. The suites are exactly what you see in the pictures on their website - no surprises. AC units in both the sleeping area and the living room, as well as flat screen TVs. A little kitchenette with a microwave, a coffee maker, stove, an apartment-size fridge, a toaster (great addition that they didn't have in 2013), kitchenware and enough plates/forks/spoons/knives/and glasses for 6 people. The bathroom is very spacious (I am notorious for not having enough counter space @ hotels :/). the balcony and the view alone are worth paying for. Enjoying a beachfront view from the 9th floor is one of those moments that make you appreciate life a little more. Overall, we did not find anything wrong with the room, except the bathroom lock was not working properly, but that didn't create an issue for us.
The housekeeper (I believe her name was Mary), was very nice and courteous. We are not the "trashing the hotel room is cool" type of crowd, so 3 out of the 5 mornings she was there all we needed was towels, but the other 2 mornings, when we did request service, our room was in great condition by the time we came back.
The pool area and the hot tub are both very nice, although we didn't spend much time at the pool, due to the amount of kids it attracted, which is understandable. The hot tub, however, was a great place to hang out after dark.
They do offer free continental breakfast from 7 am to 9 am, however we never woke up in time to try it. Heard good things in the elevator about the waffles though.
Overall, although the hotel does seem a bit outdated and there are a couple of things that need to be fixed, we will always choose this location because of the incredible customer service. Their employees really do go above and beyond to make the guests feel welcomed and I want to thank them all for the 2 great stays we have had!

Room Tip: For the best view, ask for the highest floor possible.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Victoria M
Diana17101, Director of Sales at Legacy By The Sea, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
First of all, let us thank you for writing such a wonderful review and for spending two vacations with us at the beach! We are very fortunate to have such a great team; thank you so much for recognizing and complementing them with special regards to Karen at the Front Desk and Mary, your housekeeper . We are also happy to hear that you enjoyed our spacious rooms with kitchens and gorgeous views of the gulf along with our amenities like our beachfront hot tub! Thank you for choosing the Legacy By The Sea, we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Washington, Illinois
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Parking is not excellent but no where is in PCB. They do have several options for you to park tho. Check in was easy. We stayed in room 912. It's the last on the right of the building 9th floor. You walk into the bed area. Then there is a spacious bathroom right across from a kitchen area with plates, silverware, Tupperware,ect. Then another room with a pull out couch. And then the balcony. Beautiful view. I also believe the quieter side of the hotel. They only have three elevators and they can get pretty crowded at times so be aware of that. They do serve breakfast but we did not partake. The waffles smelled good tho. They have a small exercise room. We also don't use but looked very nice. We did use the washer and dryer they have which was nice to have access to one. 1 dollar for detergent, 1 dollar for softner sheets, 2 to wash, 2 to dry. The pool looked smaller but very nice. We also didn't use but we came for the beach! And that is the absolute best part of this hotel! Also very friendly staff!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kira E
You're right; parking is a little tricky being a beachfront hotel. We can only build so deep into the beach which makes for a smaller lot on the beach side. Our lot across the street comes in very handy for extra parking. We have 3 elevators and since we are only 14 stories tall, guests find there is not much of a wait time if one prefers to catch the next car with a few less people.

I'm happy you enjoyed your spacious suite, fully equipped kitchen and beachfront view along with amenities like our laundry facility! Although you didn't partake, thank you for appreciating our Free Continental Breakfast and the delicious aroma of fresh waffles that fills our lobby every morning. We're so thankful you chose to stay with us at the Legacy By The Sea and it pleases me to know you felt our appreciation reflected in the friendliness of our staff!