“Great View!! ”
Review of Osprey on the Gulf

Osprey on the Gulf
Ranked #2 of 49 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

As we all know or have seen, the hotel has parking underneath it so even if you have a room on the first floor your basically on the second floor. I was looking out over the gulf and I look down to my right there was the pool and hot tub. Although we had a little bit of a storm come through, I still got to enjoy the beach and hot tub while it lasted.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Sierra S

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We made it back again for a full week before Memorial Day. We did not even consider another place since we knew what we could expect. This stay was as great as the last one, well, real close since the last one was our honeymoon. This time we got a room with two queen beds since my daughter was flying down from Boston to meet us for a few days.
We knew it had been raining like crazy in the prior two weeks before we got there so we understood when they were doing some painting on the property. They do a great job keeping up on the building inside and out. If you stay there and something needs attention then tell them. It may be the only way they can find out something needs attention.
The housekeeping staff was perfect. Talk about honesty! On the first morning we left a tip on the pillow for housekeeping. When we came back that evening they left the money on the night stand! I went to the front desk and asked for some envelope to leave tip money and write a note. The ladies wrote back a thank you note for the tip. It is such a pleasure to receive such great service.
Front desk was great from the time we booked the trip in Jan and at check in and through out the stay. We used a coupon on the parking permit hanger and forget to keep the hanger. It was replaced without any problem.
The parking lot across the street was clean and I cleared it ahead of time to park with my Wave Runner hooked up to my truck. They told me they go patrol the area and they were right. One night I went down to the truck and I saw them walking the lot and picking up some trash that blew over.
I know it has been another of my long reviews but I want the staff and all the trip advisors to know what a great job they are doing keeping up the place and delivering a clean room, awesome view and comfortable bed and bedding.
Until we get to see you all again, in Oct I hope, you all keep up all the great work!! Blair

Room Tip: All the rooms are gulf view with private balcony. You have to call them directly to book and put dow...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank Blair W
Reviewed 16 June 2014

A co-worker recommended this place. She said her husband and her really enjoyed the "clean,mom & pop atmosphere." SO DID WE! To say it was clean was an understatement. Daily the staff were scrubbing decks, pools,hot tubs etc... It is located between two large resorts, therefore, jet ski's,banana boats, sailboats were all within reach. Free watermelon and popcorn daily. A short walk to the pier and the new Pier Park. The maids even talked about how much they enjoyed working for the Gilmore's. Service was awesome, parking was good. GREAT Location! We will be returning!!! The only complaint I would have is that there were no lifegaurds stationed on the beach. There was beach patrol but I found it strange there were no lifegaurd stands. I haven't been to Panama in years. Is this the norm now, I am wondering??

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Kelly K
Reviewed 3 June 2014

this was our fourth trip to the Osprey in 3 years.
we love the place! its quiet and for just the two of us the rooms are great. we always get a egular room not the corner suites we enjoy the gilmores hospitality and they keep doing a great job with updates on the place.staff is helpful, walmart is in walking distance along with pier park. we flew into ECP and took Veteran Shuttle service to and from hotel. no need for a rental car for us.v go before meomrial day crowds are small and prices are cheaper not just at hotel but it seams everywhere!
we hope to be back in september but will have to see.
thanks again for the graet time

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank wallat30
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

No hassle, awesome view, clean rooms and service...Great value!!!! Treated like family!!! I can't wait till I can go back!*We were on the top floor with awesome beachfront views! We played dominos when it rained on the deck. They had several different games and activities to entertain you...the outside mall is right there also;
Perfect location for all ages.

• Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank Julie S
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Just got back from a three night girls' trip. Pleasantly surprised with this hotel. It is: Clean, friendly, affordable, and, most importantly, oceanfront! Housekeeping serviced the room daily. Beds are comfy. Definitely now our only choice for PC Beach!

Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank commonsensemommy
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We just returned home from a two week stay at the Osprey. This is the 14th year we have been at the Osprey and plan on returning many more times. It is a family run hotel and it's a wonderful place to spend your vacation. The Gilmore's welcome guests with open arms and for the time you're there-you become part of their family. The hotel itself is very clean and updated constantly. The staff are very friendly and accommodating-do all they can to make your stay the best you'll have on the beach. They have two pools-hot tub and a beach bar with the worlds most beautiful sunset you'll ever see. The gal at the bar-Debbie will make sure you have an ice cold beer or delicious tropical drink.We were there over Mothers day weekend and they served a wonderful Mothers Day breakfast for all of the guests. They always have something going on for the kids and if you are lucky to be there for movie night under the stars make sure and sample some of Lenny's delicious peanut butter fudge ! You are also walking distance to Pier park full of shops,stores and great restaurants.To make a long story short-there is nowhere we would rather stay than with the Gilmore's at the Osprey and Driftwood Hotels. We can't for our next visit in October ! Try it you won't be sorry !

Room Tip: All rooms have a private beachside balcony
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple