“Thanksgiving Week”

We can't find prices for this hotel
The Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort
Ranked #6 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Reviewed 29 December 2011

Well We really did enjoy ourselves during the Thanksgiving Break that my kids had. The weather was excellent at all times during our stay!!! And the staff there was soo great that , they have always treated me and my family , like we were there family , and that's had a Hotel so be toward there guest.

Room Tip: Well all the rooms there are excellent, it really depends on the person who is stating there . I lov...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank tnewman2
Write a ReviewReviews (2,130)

Reviewed 27 December 2011

Lot of things for kids to do. Older but very nice. Great location and a very large beach. Nice adult bar!

Room Tip: We upgrated to a 1500 sq foot condo for $250.00. Big bedrooms and 2 baths.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank tmp11
Reviewed 13 December 2011

I checked the pet's welcome.com web site and the Sandpiper's ad said "no restriction on size of pet". I called on Oct. 5th and talked to Kerri in reservations. I told her I had an 80 pound dog. I asked her about a dog walk/potty area. She said there was one across the road and there would be a $10.00 a day pet fee. I asked for a ground floor, ocean view room, non-smoking room for 4 days and paid my deposit. On Oct. 6th I received a confirmation. You can't imagine how surprised I was on Tues, Nov. 22nd when I arrived and my booking was refused. I'm 65 years old and had just driven 12 hours from Indiana to Florida in non-stop rain. Then at 5:30 pm be refused a room because I had a large dog. I didn't try to hide the fact that my dog was big because I'd told the reservations clerk that information when I made the booking. The night manager was very, very rude. He didn't apologize for the situation, he didn't offer to help me find another room, he was just plain....RUDE. I asked to speak to the manager and he said "you're looking at him!" He actually threw my deposit receipt at me and it landed on the floor. There were two young girls there behind the counter who acted like they were scared to death of him and didn't say a word. He asked me if I didn't see on the back of the confirmation in real tiny print that one small 10 lb. dog was permitted. I said no, but why wasn't I advised of that when I made the reservation. After doing some investigation I called and talked to a day time manager and he said they accepted dogs up to 25 lbs. He offered me a 2 night stay in the off season to pacify me, but I don't want to stay there. Apparently, they don't know what their dog policy is, but it's stricter than their security guard hiring policy-see Families and Friends 4 A Safer Panama City Beach.

Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
11  Thank happycamper654871
SandpiperBeacon, Manager at The Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2016

We apologize for such a late response to your feedback. 4 years have now passed since you visited us, and we have been continually making changes and improvements since then. We are deeply sorry that you didn't enjoy your last stay more. We'd like to invite you to visit us again. We're confident that you'll be pleasantly surprised. Thank you for your feedback, it helped us improve.

Reviewed 9 December 2011

After weeks of the wife and kids nagging me to take them to Florida, I finally caved and booked tickets to Panama City Beach. It wasn't quite Disney like they were expecting, but they were all really happy!

Coming all the way from sunny England, I wanted to do LOTS of research before we came. Reviews here on trip advisor helped, as well as looking at lots of other hotel websites. I wanted make sure I got it right for our 4 year anniversary and our youngest's birthday (Jake turned 7 over there).

We all had a blast, and the kids are already asking when we can go back to the "fun place."

There wasn't as much to do all day like they have in the summer, but we knew that ahead of time, and there was still plenty going on. We didn't even see much of the kids between the indoor lazy river, the mini golf, and the yellow water slide that twists around at the front.

People working there were all friendly, I got to practice my us accent, which apparently is rubbish, no complaints about the room either - we all shared a villa so the kids had their own space, and we got some privacy - which worked a treat. It looked like everything had been recently updated too which we liked, even though the place is a bit older.

Bottom line, we will have to come back next year for summer. The kids and wife want to see the place running at full speed with all the activities and stuff going on. We saw enough this time round to know we like it, and the fact we never had to leave to do anything else (even though we went to gulf world which was ace).

We will be back,

Room Tip: The villas are brilliant if you want your own space and a massive private beachfront balcony.!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Simon-B-Stockport
Reviewed 5 December 2011

I took my wife to the sandpiper hotel for a surprise getaway to the beach in October. I hadn't stayed before, but saw the website when doing research, and looked like a great place.

As soon as we arrived, we were greeted by friendly staff in the lobby, I think their names were Chris and Lisa - who were very friendly, personable, and helpful. We were laughing and smiling before we had even got into the room!

The room we got was just perfect- thanks to Steve for suggesting a room with a partial view overlooking the pool and the ocean - it was fantastic to wake up to beautiful views every day.

Our room was newly rewnovated and very clean. Someone offered to take us around 3 different room types (apparnelty they have several options you can 'customize' your stay - which we were impressed with. I loved seeing the other choices - and showed that they were very proud of the quality of rooms - all of them looked brand newly decorated and clean.

The entire time we were there, other guests were complimenting how much there was to do, and how nice all staff are - so it sounds like we're not the only ones who were treated very well - we'll have to come back with the kids and some friends, because it looks like the kind of place that has lots happening, and we were very impressed with the value. We stayed 2 nights longer than we had planned originally in fact!

Very happy... we will be back, and we have been recommending this place to our friends ever since.

Room Tip: They seem to offer to show you different room types - take them up on the offer, see for yourself ho...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Tony B
Reviewed 4 December 2011

This place is in serious need of an update! The carpet has got to be from the 1960s and smells like it! The room is a decent size but we seriously looked for ways to spend time away from the "resort" because it stunk and was probably the worst hotel in which I have ever stayed! Just don't do it!

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Barbie4est

We apologize for such a late response to your feedback. 5 years have now passed since you visited us, and we have been continually making changes and improvements since then. We are deeply sorry that you didn't enjoy your last stay more. We'd like to invite you to visit us again. We're confident that you'll be pleasantly surprised. Thank you for your feedback, it helped us improve.

Reviewed 3 December 2011

This hotel has everything, a hot deli, lazy river, pools, slides, tiki hut, awesome large yet cozy bar on the beach open year round with beautiful comfortable love seats and chairs around your personal fireplace and heat lamps for the colder months not to mention large screen tv(s) and kareoke. It is clean, charming, safe and has very friendly, responsive and helpful staff. The amenities surpass every time share I've stayed in. The outside areas are beautifully decorated with thatch roofed umbrellas and flowers. The rooms are older but clean. Beds were comfortable and the tv was new. Hours for the pools, deli, tiki hut etc... are generous. Great location and great time!

Room Tip: Ocean front ... no other way to go.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends