1) Check their website under coupons for special rates and don't be shy about asking at the front desk for their best deal. There are 16 different room types so there is likely something in your range.
2) Come for a fabulous beach side location with lots of family and adult entertainment but don't expect piece and quit. Head 20-30 minutes West for solitude.
3)Coffee pots provided but no coffee and filters.
4) Nice size mini fridge/freezer provided but you pay for ice from all ice machines.
5) Beach chairs available for $20 per day (2 chairs) or we brought our own.
6) An activities schedule is given to you at check in. CHECK IT OUT! It has the local weather forecast, map of the resort and a list of all the daily FREE activities along with Happy hour specials on food and drink. $1 draft beers and 50 cent hot wings.
7) Grills available beachside but bring your own charcoal. No gas.
8) Stuff to do - 3 pools, 1 twister slide, 1 kiddy slide, lazy river (inter-tubes provided) mini mini golf, hot tube, pool tables, ping pong, playground, volley ball court, shuffle board, Tiki bar, Daiquiri Bar, Deli serving Breakfast, lunch and dinner beachside, 2 MASSIVE chairs, great for photo op, 6 grills, beach side grass lawn for night time movies, full service restaurant, video game room, ice cream parlor with yogurt and toppings and slushes, gift shop, hammocks, free activities like Family Karaoke, Face painting, Foam Pit (so cool. I wanted to get in but my tween gave me the evil eye) Glitter tattoos,and XBOX games. There is more but this is just what we experienced in 3 days.
I would like to add that this is a Mom and Pop type resort. It is older but well maintained. I have never come across a friendlier staff then here. Front desk, maintenance, housekeeping, bar and food service, EVERONE was very kind and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Also known as the "FUN Place!" The Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort & Tiki Bar offers year-round fun, activities, and entertainment for all ages. Located directly beachfront on Front Beach Road, the Sandpiper is a family-friendly resort-hotel with planned activities and entertainment, waterslides, multiple indoor/outdoor (seasonally heated) swimming pools, free WiFi, indoor lazy river ride, on-site Deli, Ice Cream Shop, Gift Shop, Restaurant, Arcade and more. Offering 24/7 resort services, including housekeeping, guest services, and maintenance. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Sandpiper Beacon Beach Hotel Panama City Beach
- Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort
- Sandpiper Beacon Beach Panama City
- Sandpiper Panama City Beach
- The Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort Panama City Beach, Florida