“Very good experience”

We can't find prices for this hotel
The Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort
Ranked #6 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Very good time and experience employees were very helpful and nice they help fix a mistake with reservation was able to get me and family into the resort had a great time and will be back as soon as we can

1  Thank Gene-Kathy A
SandpiperBeacon, Guest Relations Manager at The Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

We are so happy we were able to resolve any issues with your reservation upon arrival! We do our best to ensure all of our guests a fun and stress free vacation from beginning to end and we are very pleased to hear you enjoyed yourselves! Thank you for choosing the Sandpiper Beacon for your stay in Panama City Beach. We can't wait to have you back!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Luckily we had a good room near the pool for our children to have easy access. I am very thankful that we were not located in the rooms with the indoor pool. The indoor pool area was noisy and stuffy. The walkway between the pool area and rooms was pretty nasty with cigarette butts and trash on the wet ground with people running around barefoot. We did not stay in that area for long. I think that was the worse area in the resort, although many people were in that pool, which also had the lazy river (don't waste your time in the lazy river! People were walking in the lazy river and there are not flotation rings like in most lazy rivers!) The room was clean, and we had plenty of towels, but always needed more toiletries. The proximity and easy access to the beach was wonderful. The Tiki Bar provides plenty of seating and easy access from the beach to help cool off and get out of the sun, while still being nearby and able to see the beach. We had a 2-room suite, which had a kitchenette. The fridge was a good size, but the stove was very outdated and although it was clean, it looked very used. The carpet was clean and the rooms smelled ok. The rooms are very basic and they are not like newer hotels or condos, but they were comfortable ad clean. During peak check-in check-out times, they had several staff members were located in different areas to help out. I do wish they would have had some workers going around occasionally to pick up trash that others were leaving behind. The first day by the kids' pool, there was so much trash and cigarette butts left on the ground that it was disgusting. The next morning everything was cleaned up and ready to go, but during the day, it would be great to have workers go around and sweep up trash left behind by others.

Overall, we enjoyed our visit and would return again. I would make sure to request the same room, as we liked where it was located. Although the rooms were not cheap during the peak season, they are reasonable. They offer daily activities, even free watermelon, that can keep the kids busy at certain times. The food on the resort at the snack bar was good, but across the street, the restaurant was over priced and not too good. We had breakfast there one morning and the food was not impressive. Don't order the scrambled eggs if you like them fluffy, because all we got were well-done eggs that cut up in pieces.

You can rent chairs for $25-30 a day, which at 5 o'clock they come over and remove the umbrellas and cushions. We were still enjoying the beach at that time, and we could have stayed there longer. They even woke up my husband from his nap instead of moving down the beach and coming back to him later. We paid $30 and only had them from noon to 5pm. We also rented the paddle board for $25 for an hour. The kids enjoyed doing that. They also have boats and kayaks for rent.

My sister has gone there after peak-season, and the rates are very good and they still offer lots of amenities. We are looking forward to going after peak-season.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing the indoor pool---very loud. Beach front on the first floor are the best.
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Our first time visiting Florida was amazing! I would recommend staying at the Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort. The staff people are friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and cozy. The location is perfect. Our children are grown up so it was just me and my husband that stayed here. It is very family and pet friendly resort. We had a blast! We would stay there again for sure!

Room Tip: It doesn't matter if your room faces the water or not. The only thing I can suggest is don't...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susie R
Reviewed 30 July 2014

we have stayed the last 3 years and love it very much. we can take our family member that is not always welcomed everywhere (dog). we liked the fact that this year you could have someone take your picture there at the resort without leaving. we had our picture taken with are beloved pet and loved the pictures. cheers to you for having so much to offer at the resort!!! we be back

1  Thank kelly w
Reviewed 29 July 2014

The place itself was good. The people that stayed there...not so much. Wasn't too keen on the 3rd floor balcony being shared among 5 rooms with only 4 sets of tables. The people next to me decided it was party time on the balcony at 4 a.m. and the people on the other side had kids that thought it was fun to persistently knock on their door for 30 mins straight. The amenities were nice and staff was very friendly and helpful. It was the other rude guests that I had issues with.

1  Thank snsshume
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Do not waste your money on this terrible "resort" (and I use that word loosely). I found this place on the internet and their website made this motel look and sound like it would be a nice place to stay. Their website is very misleading. Upon arriving, I noticed the exterior was very old and run down, but I was hoping the inside would be better. Unfortunately, I was wrong. The pool was very small and had very few lounge chairs for use, but I wouldn't have used them anyway. They were old white plastic chairs with dirty cushions and the pool was dirty as well. We never used the pool during our stay because of this. I spoke to the lady at the front desk and nicely told her that this was not what I expected. I asked to please get a refund on my deposit, but she said I could not, so we had to stay. The rooms were outdated and smelled musty. The carpet was dirty both in the rooms and in the hallways leading to the rooms. The elevator was broken as well so we had to carry loads of stuff up flights of stairs. One night, the police had to be called because of an altercation and people were also beating on our door during all hours of the night. We felt uncomfortable and unsafe. This was absolutely the worse place I have ever been! Don't take your family here!

3  Thank Natalie O
SandpiperBeacon, Manager at The Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2016

We apologize for such a late response to your feedback. 2 years have now passed since you visited us, and we have been continually making changes and improvements since then. We are deeply sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay more.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We enjoyed staying at the Sandpiper Beacon. The rooms, hallways, and floors could use more cleaning and lots of upgrades. Staff was very accommodating and very kid friendly. For the price of the rooms, I would expect more towels, bath items, and the little things like that which most "hotels" offer. I do have to complain about the parking. Sandpiper Beacon does not have enough parking to accommodate all of their guest. On returning from Pier Park Friday night, we couldn't find parking in either lots. My father is handicap and there was no parking available to him until I saw a vehicle pull out and I literally stood in the spot until my parents arrived.
But overall, the "hotel" was average but not worth almost $600 for 2 nights.

1  Thank Atweedell79