“Great fun in the Sun”

We can't find prices for this hotel
The Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort
Ranked #4 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Homer
“Great fun in the Sun”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

My husband and I went with 2 Grand kids both
girls ages 12, The girls had a blast at all the events taking
place. My husband enjoyed the hot tub most of the time.
We never left the resort with the mini golf, swimming, water slide
and Tiki Bar plenty to do once the car is park it stays parked till we leave

Wish the really young children would not be allowed in hot tub.
they come in with floats and this tub is already so full.

The free activities for the families are great we love the outdoor movie night
with free popcorn

1 Thank Elisabeth W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (431)
Rossville, Georgia
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We stayed for 5 nights and would have LOVED to have stayed longer.The Sandpiper Beacon is a great place whether you are bringing kids or just the adults.We had kids and had a WONDERFUL time!!!They have something going on all the time for the kids...free outside movies with popcorn,free putt putt(which my boys loved),hula lessons,xbox hours,family karaoke,a Polynesian Show that was great,inside lazy river,water slides,tatoos and arts and crafts...too much to list it all.Several tiki bars which have alcohol and non alcoholic drinks,beachside deli,ice cream shop...you name it.There is only 1 COMPLAINT I have....There was so much for the kids on site,that my boys did not want to leave the whole time we were there!!!!!Of course we saved money that way..lol The staff was EXCELLENT!!Very friendly and helpful!!Rooms are clean and very worth the money

1 Thank dyllan12
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 8 August 2014

On arrival, elevator was broken (lightening strike).....we were on the 7th floor...taking steps up from the 3rd floor up.... we decided to try it because I wanted an ocean view. I have ruptured discs in my spine and degenerative joint disease in my hip and was feeling it the next day. My husband and I went down to the office and asked to be moved. The desk clerk and manager did all the could to make it up to us and gave us a wonderful room, ground level... open the door and can see the beach from the patio. Also, very close to everything else they had to offer. I enjoyed laying on the hammocks beneath the beautiful palm trees, listening to the ocean waves and feeling the gentle breeze blowing. I hadn't felt so relaxed in a long time. My two sons are very stretched apart in age, one 16 the other 9... I must say there was a variety of activities and amenities that they both could enjoy. They loved beach side bingo and family karaoke.... the tiki bar area was family friendly.... we only left the resort twice in the 6 nights we were there... once to go eat and the other to go to Shell island. There was no need to leave. We had it all right there at the resort.
My husband had been told previously that the sandpiper was old and that we would not like it.... he and I both now agree that we will never stay any place else in Panama City Beach. We loved it so much we were sad to leave. Our family felt comfortable there. I felt safe allowing my children to be out on the property without me watching their every move. The employees there are all courteous and friendly and worked very hard to make our stay a pleasant one. I honestly do not believe we can wait an entire year to come back... you may be seeing us again before next summer! Thank you again for making our stay so great.... we found our new home away from home. (would move there if we could)

Room Tip: Many of the ground floor rooms are right at the beach, so if youre looking for a beach or ocean view...
2 Thank BelindaFoster
Harrisburg, Illinois
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Great place for a trip to the beach. We are a couple but enjoy the Sandpiper very much. If I were taking kids it would be NO 1 on my list.
Getting a little pricey, but I want to book a 1st floor room with a small pet and you pay for that.
This was our 6th trip and will be back at the Piper next year
Maid service not real good. they will sweep your room and bring towels but as far as cleaning sinks and stools no

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BOB K
Winchester, Kentucky
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Love all the things you have for family. Rooms need to be a updated! Carpet was really worn but besides that loved being there!! The staff was excellent and very nice. The view to the ocean was beautiful! The ice cream parlor was the best ice cream we ever had! Love the hula dancers and fire dancer! The hotel has lots to do and enjoyed being there. It was my family's first time in Panama City beach and we loved it! We will now take our vacation there! Hoping next year to stay in one of your beach houses! Can't wait to come back!

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Johnson2000
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

We picked this hotel because we look for vacation spots where our kids have a water park type environment with plenty of activities. We typically stay at Waterscape in Ft. Walton (which we love even more now). But Ft. Walton does not have a ton of shopping or off property activities. This looked like a perfect match.

Our room was dirty, the bathroom had paint peeling off, the carpet was coming up, and every piece of furniture was substantially worn. I will try to post pictures so you can judge for yourself. My wife wouldn't take her shoes off or take a shower. Because of the room conditions we left after one night.

Pools - our kids did enjoy the big yellow slide. But the pools are all very small and spread out in odd locations. If 5-6 people are in the pools they feel overcrowded. We didnt get to try the inflatable slides because they were deflated when we went to try them.

Beach - the beach was clean and the water is clear. The ocean was much more clear here than in Ft. Walton with no seaweed issues.

Property - it just looked old and run down. The hallways were very narrow and it just felt dirty. The paint on the buildings was old looking and dirty.

It seemed like they are trying to put some lipstick on a pig.

If you do decide to stay here I would avoid rooms in the indoor pool area. Its very loud. We paid extra to get a ground floor beach front room. Dont expect to have a walk out beach patio. The patio door opens up onto the main concrete walkway. No privacy sitting on your ground floor patio as you see every guest walking to and from the ocean (bad for privacy good if you want to see and be seen) Back to Waterscape for us.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Craig P
SandpiperBeacon, Manager at The Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort, responded to this review, 27 June 2016
Craig, thanks for your feedback - and we apologize that your stay was not more satisfactory. We always want to provide guests with a safe, clean, and fun environment when they stay with us, so to see that we didn't manage to check all those boxes for you makes us sad. We constantly perform maintenance and upgrades all around the property each year, however - we are an older Resort, built in the 1950's, so we will never look as new as some of the condos built within the past 10 years. We do appreciate being compared to a place that calls themselves "the area's most luxurious beachfront condominium" and was built in 2007 though :-)
Norcross, Georgia
Reviewed 8 August 2014

My brother thought of a family gather and was looking for a hotels and he found this resort due to the activities for the family and kids. So, my husband and I brought decided to join the fun and brought our kids. My brother came with his girlfriend with her 2 daughters. We all stayed for 6 days in a condo with 2 seperate bedroom, kitchette and washer and dryer. Which turn out to be very nice and a spacious place for all of us. The kids enjoyed most of the activities at the resort andhad fun in the beach. The kids enjoyed the pools and and water slide expect the indoor pool had a smells of cigarettes every though there is a small sign of no smoking. We grills shrimp skewers and steaks and after being on beach. Then, we decide playing volleyball other kids decided to joined us and had a great time. All the kids had so much fun that my 6yr old said he would like to come back next summer because he has so much fun. Before leaving the resort we took a picture in the giant chair, to played in the arcade games, and got ice cream. We enjoyed the stay at this resort. We hope to come back again.

Room Tip: The condo we were great and spacious for a large family. Bring your own coffee.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family