“I can't wait to go back!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
The Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort
Ranked #6 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Reviewed 29 June 2010

We traveled with 5 adults and 4 kids ages 1 through 10. There was something for everybody! Our room was beachfront, which was fabulous! But I don't think there was a bad area in Sandpiper to have a room! Even if you weren't beachfront, you were right around the corner it seems. The staff was SO friendly! It was like we had known them for years! And this was our first trip there! We loved the Deli and the Tiki Bar. We loved the activities available right there (Parasailing, Jet skis, Bingo, sailboats, etc.). The Luau was fabulous! From the food to the entertainment, it was great! Movies at night, on the beach, was great for the adults and the kids. This place is so family oriented and they really take care of their guests! I was so relaxed, laid back, and stress free at the Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort, which was exactly what I needed! In the mornings I would go to the beach and through the afternoon I would go from the indoor pool, to lazy river, to one of the outdoor pools, or the big slide on the lawn next to the Sandpiper. At night we would sit out on the deck and play cards and walk the beach. Also, it was so clean and orderly. I could tell that the staff worked hard to keep it up! Our room was plenty big enough for all 9 of us! We are definitely going back next year! Everyone in our party agreed it was fabulous! We usually take cruises on our vacations, but as family grow cruises become less budget friendly! Our stay at the Sandpiper was well within our budget for the whole family! And I was able to bring my dog! Not too many places are pet friendly these days. Thanks Sandpiper! And we'll be seeing you next year! (If I don't sneak down there sooner! heehee)

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank LuvMyCards
Write a ReviewReviews (2,130)

Reviewed 28 June 2010

I have filed a charge card dispute. The Sandpiper cleared the room and said the deposit would be refunded. Now they claim that they took $300 to shampoo the carpet and that $500 was not really part of the deposit at all. Make sure you get everything in writing, including the total charge for the room. Check your charge card carefully. They charge outrageous prices and then refuse to refund your deposit once you're away from their hotel.

Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
3  Thank TJ7334
SandpiperBeacon, Manager at The Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2016

Hi TJ. We apologize for such a late response to your feedback, but 6 years have now passed since you visited us, and we have been continually making changes and improvements since then. We are deeply sorry that you didn't enjoy your last stay more. We'd like to invite you to visit us again. We're confident that you'll be pleasantly surprised. Thank you for your feedback, it helped us improve.

Reviewed 26 June 2010

Just returned this morning from 3 days & nights at this "resort" and let me tell you it's no resort! The hotel, which is several buildings that have been added haphazardly, is run down and in need of major renovation. Our room was tiny & dirty. There was no where to put your luggage except for the old loveseat that was in the room and it was so smelly I would not have sat on it anyway; the bed was rickety; the shower/tub was a plastic unit that you would find in a mobile home with sections trimmed off of the top to fit the cheap moulding that encased it. There were no hand towels or shampoo provided. The complex caters to families with small children and apparently to drunk parents! There are six pools which are overrun with children and that would be fine if we had small children, but we don't. The "tiki bar", which served alcohol, was also overrun with hiphop loving teenagers. The balconies that have ocean views also have porch lights that stay on all night so you can't leave your curtains open to enjoy the views. They advertised wifi in the rooms but that was conditional depending on which way the wind was blowing! If you want relaxation in a clean updated room you don't want to stay here. If you have kids, like the ambiance of a trailer park, and don't mind wearing the hospital arm band 24/7 required to be on site then by all means book this gem as long as you have the money to pay the outragious nightly rate!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank pp12580

Reviewed 25 June 2010

We absolutly love the sandpiper Beacon! We have stayed there 3 years in a row and loved every minute. Each year we find new and exciting fun. My kids love the pools and the slides. We never have to leave the hotel. Everything is right there from the ocean to a mini golf and night life. I wish I could go back right now!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2010

Once again this was a fantastic place to stay. Beautiful beach, great weather, excellent food at the beach deli, great fun at the Tiki bar. Already want to go back.

• Stayed: May 2010
1  Thank tomsgirl84
Reviewed 23 June 2010

Hello, my name is Candy Thomas. I would like to take a few moments to let everyone know what a wonderful resort the Sandpiper Beacon is. This is the Thomas family experience there.
My family and I went to Panama City Beach in late October of 2009. We had already booked our room at the Sandpiper before hand because I was impressed with the info. and pics on their website. We booked the room over the phone and was impressed even at this point with the courtesy and helpfulness of the booking rep.
When we arrived at the hotel, there was parking directly in front of the resort, along with a parking area directly across the street. The faculty at the front desk were so friendly and welcomed us as if we were coming to stay in their own home. They immediately supplied us with our wristbands for the attractions and room keys for all 4 of us so that our kids could get in the room if mom and dad were indulging in the many ammenities at the Sandpiper. They gave us a luggage caddy and gave us a detailed map of the grounds. They informed us of all the coupons available in the lobby for attractions around town.
We got to our room and was absolutely thrilled with what we found. We arrived just in time to catch the sunset! As we stood on the balcony of our room and watched the sun go down over that georgous ocean, I really thought I was in heaven. So very beautiful. Took lots of pics and videos. The kids were very pleased also, for our room...no...suite, was set up so that they had their own seperate room with the bathroom, two beds, tv, phone, ect. Thru that door led to mom and dads section, which had a queen size bed, dresser, tv, phone, view of the ocean and beach thru the sliding glass doors that led to the balcony. Also, in that section, it had a full kitchen with microwave, stove, fridge, sink, and dining table and chairs.
We went and watched the Bears game at Buffalo Wild Wings located in Pier Park (awesome place) for dinner. After we got back from there, we headed down to the Tiki bar for some music, drinks and the kids played pool. The staff at the Tili bar was very, very friendly as well and the D.J./Karaoke guy was sooo much fun! After that we headed to the room to rest for our 8 day stay at this wonderful place! After the 9 hr. drive from Nashville, TN that day we were pooped!
Woke up the next morning and went to the lobby to get our schedule of events at the Sandpiper which is provided on a daily basis. It tells you the weather for the day, what is happening from morning till night at the resort, which might I add is cram packed with fun, hi and lo tide reports, drink specials in the Tiki bar, ect. They had a movie playing out on the huge deck by the Tiki bar when the sun went down on a 150 in. screen! Free popcorn and the breeze of the ocean, cuddled up on the lounge chairs with a blanket was the best! We spent the day in the pools, at the beach and the indoor Lazy River.
My boys, Ty who was 17, made friends instantly on the beach played beach volleyball for the next 7 days. Austin, our 11 yr. old, also made friends whom he played with for the week also. Ty still talks on the phone with a couple of friends he made there.
We were at the Tiki bar everyday for we all love to play pool and it was just a fun place to be if you were not in the water. My husband and I actually had the discussion that you really didnt need to leave the resort because it had everything you needed and it was so much fun to be there. Gift shop, laundry mat, and a great lil resturant right across the street where you could have breakfast, lunch and dinner if you wanted. I personally had oysters there everyday. We all ate breakfast there on our last day and we ate outside. They have these booths that would glide back and forth with a canopy over the top. So adorable. Omlets, hashbrowns, bacon..you name it! Delicious.
We did not want to leave after that 8th day. I have only described about 2 of the days we were there. There were 6 more days of fun that I havent even touched base on. This was my familys first trip to Panama City Beach. So very glad we chose the Sandpiper Beacon. We will not ever stay in another resort besides the Sandpiper. Thanks so much for making our trip one to remember. You made it your job to do that and we really appreciate it. Have stayed in lots of places, but this exceeds them all.
The Sandpiper Beacon..the only place to stay in Panama City Beach!!!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank TheThomasFamily
Reviewed 21 June 2010

Took our two grandchildren for a week in the sun and we stayed at the Sandpiper and our dog Cheeto was a welcome quest as well! There was so much to do the children kept us on our toes. Swimming, carpet golf, Tiki Bar, slides,and so very much more.. Swam in the surf and chased fish , sunbathed, and so much more.Had pizza from the pizza place on the premises, Shopped at the souvenior store at the hotel. I wear all my jewerly proudly. We all had a wonderful time and we look forward to our return trip this summer.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family