I really hate leaving a bad review because the view from the rooms is fantastic. However, that can be said of many other beachfront hotels in this area. In addition to poor room conditions, most of the customer service here is terrible! We arrived on a Sunday evening, and were given room 308. We asked if they had another room higher up (which was requested in our reservation). The clerk (the younger guy) was friendly enough but said he could not approve it, it would have to be addressed in the morning with the manager.
We checked into our room (a double queen with kitchenette) and found the room was very dated, with rust on the refrigerator, a tiny stove with tinfoil lined burners and a tension rod with flimsy curtain to serve as a "closet" door. There is barely enough room to get by the desk in the first room and the edge of the bed. There is a single chair in the room which has to be moved to right by the entrance door in order to use the desk otherwise the path is blocked. There is very little room on the bathroom counter in which to place toiletries and not even a lid on the toilet.
As we semi-unpacked, hoping to move to a different room the next day, we found the TV in the beach side bedroom area was completely snowy and the cable was loose in the wall. Being a modern family, everyone searched for an electrical receptacle to charge their device. The plugs kept falling out. Nice maintenance! Nothing a propped up chip bag can't handle.
The beds were not very comfortable, with those yucky scratchy polyester bedspreads. A single pillow per sleeper was provided.
The next day, we went down to speak with the manager and asked for a different room. He told my husband to come back later after the check outs. We went to a late breakfast and on the way back in we checked back in with the manager, and he told us he couldn't move us. There was vacancy, and he refused to move us. Basically, sorry, you paid up front (I will never stay at a place that does this again! I got burned in Marathon last summer with the same type of deal). So, no refund, no moving you, you just have to deal with it. I can never recommend this place. So I will repeat, the view is great, but if you want a decent room with decent customer service and value your $, stay elsewhere!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Beach Tower By The Sea, family owned and operated. We are here to ensure that your stay with us is your time to relax, unwind, and enjoy our beautiful beaches. Our gulf front location is conveniently located across from Shipwreck Island and is within walking distance of restaurants, popular night spots, shopping, local attractions, and the Bay County Pier. Our beautifully appointed rooms and suites feature private balconies, facing the Gulf of Mexico, and overlooking our pool which is heated seasonally. Our friendly staff takes pride in providing guests with clean, comfortable rooms and outstanding customer service. We offer several floor plans to meet your needs, most featuring full kitchens. Other amenities include:* Free in-room Wi-Fi * Coin Operated Guest Laundry * Beach Bar * Each room comes equipped with hair dryers, irons & ironing boards * Beachside grilling deck * Cabana covered poolside patio with 50" flatscreen TV & music system * Covered parking and security cameras * Full Beach service - Parasailing, Jet Ski, Umbrella/Chairs * Volley Ball court * 24 hr Coffee in Lobby *WE DO NOT ACCEPT PETS. Monthly rates available from October through February. Free local calls, no parking fees. THE BEACH TOWER IS A NON-SMOKING PROPERTY EXCEPT IN DESIGNATED AREAS. Thank you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Beach Tower By The Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach Tower Hotel Panama City Beach
- Beach Hotel Panama City
- Beach Motel Panama City
- Beach Tower By The Sea Panama City Beach, Florida