We were looking for a reasonably priced hotel for our family to stay at that was on the beach, with a view. While we knew this was nothing fancy, we were disappointed in what it was. We were in room 143. There is absolutely no privacy on the back porch. You can look from one end to the other and see your neighbor. This is awkward and really annoying when you have drunk adults / rude people / kids screaming from the porch to their friend down the line or even in the pool! Speaking of the pool, it was quiet time at ten but it was never quiet. In the way of the view is the pool and cabana room. Some rooms probably had a decent view but not ours. The ladies in the front office seemed overwhelmed during check in, although one did seem to actually care about our wait. Personal opinion, I dislike when a hotel asks you to wear wrist bands. Driftwood asks you to wear them & if you lose them it's an additional fee. I'm on vacation and don't want to worry about getting a fee on a stupid rubber band around my arm. No elevator. No ice machine. Parking was right off the street & Very cramped. Employees didn't seem to care that people were screwing up parking by taking two spaces because it happened every day. The other parking was across the street. Housekeeping was decent. Except they didn't leave us kitchen towels/washcloth. They also didn't hesitate to enter your room if you didn't come to the door within 30 seconds of their knock. So you better be dressed! The AC was Very loud. It's within walking distance to pier park and about half mile to sharkys. One souvenir / beach shop right across the street as well as a helicopter tour. Two or three more shops within walking distance. Wifi was sketchy and there is no service there. And bring your own pans to cook because theirs are not non stick and a pain in the butt to clean. Also we had to use the toaster on the floor because of a lack of outlets / space in the "kitchen". My stay was enjoyable because I spent most of the time on the beach. I had been to pcb before so I knew to expect loud cruising on front beach road. Most of these listed things are minor but it was very disappointing to not be able to enjoy the back porch.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Driftwood Lodge is located directly on the Gulf of Mexico. A large shady palm lined courtyard wraps around our beachfront heated pool and sundeck. The courtyard is where our guests find themselves making new and often lifelong friends. Throughout the year there are planned activities, ranging from cook-outs and sunset parties to Easter Egg Hunts and other children's games. Pier Park shopping and entertainment district is located within easy walking distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de, HRS, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Driftwood Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Driftwood Hotel Panama City Beach
- Driftwood Lodge Panama City Beach, Florida