“I last stayed here in 1967”

Fontainebleau Terrace
Reviewed 6 June 2011

(I was last here in 1967. I had to put June 2011 in the box on the form because it wouldn't let me post without a date.) It was a royal palace, a true showplace, back in the day. To read some of these reviews now, well, all I can say is that Fred Carpenter must be rolling over in his grave now.

Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank AtlantaGuy30305

Reviewed 4 March 2011

I will never stay in this hotel again.

Service is appallingly bad, prices are horrendous..

Just something as simple as asking for a late check out is met with indifference from the staff.

A classic case of a hotel living on its history.....

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
5  Thank KillyQwertyuiop
Reviewed 23 September 2010

This was a very good price for the location and the size of the room. The furnished room we were in was comfortable with two double beds and a sleeper sofa, plenty of room for sleeping. The kitchen was not furnished too well with pots and pans being worn out, non-stick pans were peeling and the cookie sheet was rusty. I would stay there again and just bring my own kitchen items. Pool was very nice, huge olympic sized. I think some of the people that live there in their own condos are a bit fussy with the guests that rent for vacationing.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank lorriebug
Reviewed 25 July 2010

Ok the thing with this hotel is that differant people rent out the room so some might not look so good, but ours was on the 3rd floor and it had a balcony, it was sooo beautiful. It was done in palm trees, ans seashells. I was very worried at first but once I saw the room my mouth just dropped open, if there is anyway you could look before you get the room, that woulod be great but we went through expia ans it was 3 nights for the price of 2 so we only spent 150 for 4 days and 3 nights. Which was great!!! Now the bathroom sucks but hey, we was on the beach the whole time and our view, man I just can't explain for the price its well worth it. But if your one of those people who will only stay in a Hilton then find somewhere else. But I have paid 150 for a night and the room was nothing like the one we stead at here. We will always get this hotel and that room when we go back. Hope this helps.

3  Thank blondie310
Reviewed 9 July 2010

Book It.com should remove the property from it's listings. While I'm on the subject of Bookit.com, they charged us something over $800.00 , the property only received $554.00 and the hotel charged the state sale tax and charged the @30.00 cleaning fee??? Following are our observations:
Bed spreads filthy
Mold in the sink
Mold on the shower walls
Trickle of hot water at the kitchen sink
Seets had holes in them
Antique 19" tv
Shower head was so bad I replaced it myself
Some electrical outlets didn't work
No ground fault outlet in the dressing area
Kitchen utensil's appeared to be from a flea market
Silverware disgusting
Dish's as above
No oven utensil's
Found feces floating in the pool on arrival the pool wasn't closed for another two days for cleaning
On the "plus" side, fairly new stove, frig, microwave and some tile work.
These rooms are owned by individuals and not the property itself

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank P00r
Reviewed 21 April 2010

This place was disgusting, even for the low nightly cost. The room I stayed in was right next to the street, the carpet and bed linens were gross and stained, and the entire room smelled like mothballs. I checked in, walked in the room, and walked right back out. I absolutely would not stay there by myself, and didn't feel safe at all. Not only was I afraid someone would break in and hurt me, I was afraid I would get some sort of disease sleeping on those sheets. If I didn't die from the smell first. I would NOT recommend this place to a homeless person, and surely wouldn't recommend it to a friend. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo
4  Thank firefly7522
SuiteHospitality, Management at Fontainebleau Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2010

Thank you for taking the time to review this property. As I stated below, my company has recently assumed management of the Fontainebleau Terrace and we are working diligently to improve the service and product that we are selling. I encourage everyone to stay with us and give us a shot. We have some very nice units with an amazing view and a great price.

Reviewed 11 April 2010

The most horrible experience I have ever encountered on spring break. I read reviews on this site prior to booking with assurance I would be satisfied. My fault for overlooking the $30.00 cleaning fee but I was unhappy after management admitted they intentionally "hide" the fee until chick-in with a boastful attitude. With the $30.00 so called cleaning fee, you are expected to throw your trash, puck up all towlels an strip beds, etc if you expect your deposit back. As for the room, extremely run down and had an unpleasant smell in the air. I also simply stated that because of my experience I would not be returning to these condos for my next trip and the male manager's exact response was " I don't need your business," being very unprofessional. I recommend anyone to spend the extra $10-$20 a night and avoid chances of being put into this situation.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
6  Thank BEANIE1379
SuiteHospitality, Management Company at Fontainebleau Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2010

Suite Hospitality Resort Management has recently assumed management of the Fontainebleau Terrace. We are working very hard to reestablish the Fontainebleau Terrace as one of the top family resorts on Panama City Beach. We do ask spring breakers that leave a room full of trash to pick up the mess prior to receiving their deposit back. Our housekeeping staff works diligently each day to assure room cleanliness. We appreciate any and all feedback that we receive and I assure you that a visit to the Fontainebleau in the future will be an experience to remember.