“Depends on the room..”

Fontainebleau Terrace
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
“Depends on the room..”
Reviewed 29 September 2012

I have stayed here once, October 2010. The issue with these reviews is that I think people are booking through a website. I rent mine directly from an owner (found her on CL actually) and she maintains the unit much like a beach hotel room. Bed, pull out sofa, kitchen. Always clean (in fact you clean unit yourself after use to prevent cleaning charge). The hotel as a whole does appear kind of seedy and could definitely benefit from an overhaul. But, it is directly on the beach. For the $60/night I pay ($75 on season) then its a heck of a deal! I would be afraid to see the other rooms, though, based solely on these reviews!! Luckily I don't have to, we're returning to same unit next week.

Room Tip: Rent directly from owner to avoid being overcharged.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank JennieMBee8

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Panama City Beach, Florida
Reviewed 7 July 2012

This was a last minute trip for me and my husband so, after looking for 3 hours and trying to get something we could afford (because rates SKYROCKET at this time of the season), I found Fontainebleau. Our friends decided to join us so, I got a double bedroom. The check-in went great, we were even told hot dogs and watermelon would be given out the next day at the 1st floor patio (it was the 4th of July that day) and that was nice to hear. We go up to room 424 and I wanted to breakdown and cry. It smelt like mold, it looked old and dingy. We didn't even get cable television, just straight-up HD basic channels. The furniture looked uncleaned. I sooooooo much missed my Dunes of Panama (we couldn't stay there they were booked up and a 1 week minimum stay). The lifestyle, look and style of Fontainebleau did not suit my taste, not one bit. We stayed next door to a old crazy lady which helped me to stay inside the room. One good thing about FT is the 5th floor deck. Perfect place to see fireworks from the County and City pier. This was my first time staying somewhere else other then Dunes of Panama and that will NEVER happen again. I will NEVER return to the Fontainebleau!!! I hate giving bad reviews but, honesty is the best quality.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Christy W

Travellers are raving about these Panama City Beach hotels

Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 2 July 2012

We spent a week in Panama City in a beautiful condo but wanted to stay a few extra days. After searching for a place that had availability (due to it being 4th of July week) we ended up at Fontainbleau Terrace. If you are on a low budget or like to party...this is your place. There is nothing to brag about here except the beautiful gulf. The property is old and dingy and not well kept. We were told there was a $250 fine if you smoked in the room but that didn't stop people from smoking there. Our room wreaked and I had to get disinfectant spray from the front desk. Linens are old and stained and I wouldn't even sleep with the bedspread on me. I wore my flip flops in the shower. The towels were like sandpaper. Atleast we could tell it was cleaned as we could smell bleach when we came in (on top of the smoke). My daughter had a room a couple of doors down and would not use the tub to bathe her child in. Also, partiers kept them up until 1:30 or so in the morning (right outside their door). They tried to call the office but no answer. The next morning they had vomit right outside their door. When I went down to talk to the front desk manager (a different one then when we checked in) he didn't even bother to ask what room we were in so they could come and clean it up. He told us he couldn't help where someone decided to throw up and he couldn't stop the partiers...even though there was a 10:00 quiet time! The dried up vomit was still there when we left. We also paid $150 per night to stay there per room! At one time, this was probably a nice place. It's a shame as it has character and with some TLC (allot) it could be nice. I want to add that we spoke to a nice couple next to us on the beach and they rented a unit there for $400 per week directly from the owner of the unit who only rents to people she knows. They said there unit was well maintained and clean and there was no noise on the 3rd floor. Even so, the property itself is in terrible shape.

Room Tip: Book through an owner and not the hotel property manager.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank TMW3000
Elkridge, Maryland
Reviewed 23 February 2012

We stayed here room 417, top floor beachside with a balcony on the water. The room had a small kitchen and sofa. Old hotel/condo units.
rate was $89 / night off season and right on water. Had an indoor pool and several decks. Must be a popular place for spring breakers! the sign in sheet for the room has an entry "NO BEER FUNNELS ALLOWED!!" This made us laugh since we've never even heard of a Beer FUNNEL. I guess we wouldn't want to be here when all the spring breakers arrive.

Room Tip: Room was very bright, curtains did not keep light out.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank davidski1
Wetumpka, AL
Reviewed 16 February 2012

I've stayed here several times. We rent the same condo every year for Thunderbeach. No granted this place is not the same scale as The Shores of Panama but it has always been clean and safe. I have never had any worries about staying there and it's usually a small group of women that I'm with.

The condo we get has two queen beds with a kitchenette. The pool area has always been nice and clean. We hardly stay in the room because we are out at the beach or doing other nearby activities.

Will definitely go back again.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Dennysdimples
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed 19 January 2012

The Fontainebleu was perfect for what I was looking for on spring break. It is relatively inexpensive and while it was not close to the "party" part of the beach, there were still plenty of people around. The rooms are old but very well kept and decorated nicely. The management is really great and understanding as we had a chair that broke the day we got there and reported it immediately and were not charged to replace it. That being said, everything is dated, so if you are looking for modern appliances and brand new bathrooms look somewhere else. I stayed here two years in a row for college spring break and would gladly stay again if I was in the area with friends!

Room Tip: Request a room with tiled floors rather than carpeting.
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Diedre S
Enterprise, Alabama
Reviewed 27 August 2011

The service and room we got was GREAT. Everything in our room was clean and we also had a nice size screen TV to watch when we were in. The location is great also. The children were able to walk to Fun Land, Go cart, putt putt, and ect.. OH, they also have shampoo and conditioner not just shampoo {thats nice to know for us teens who forget to bring it}. Got a little sunburn so the inside pool was GREAT. Didn't want to leave. .

Room Tip: If you don't like one room ask for another one because they are not the same.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family