“Nice old building”

Fontainebleau Terrace
Rome, Georgia
“Nice old building”
Reviewed 25 May 2013

Its a nice old building. The room we use is owned by my mom and its always kept in great shape! The indoor pool is also a plus! As long as my mom is an owner there we will always stay at the Fontainebleau Terrace!!

Room Tip: Get your room thru the owner if you can. The owners I know keep there rooms in good shape.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
11 Thank Buddy P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Rome, Georgia
Reviewed 9 May 2013

I have styed here several times. They have new management. While the hotel is older it is the closest to the beach. It has a very large indoor pool. It also has plenty of places to set in the sun and also places to set in the shade. It also has two grills to cook on. I took my granddaughter and after spending the day at Splash she was glad to get back to the large pool. I stayed there several times last summer and fell in love with the place. I ended up buying a unit there.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
7 Thank Mike N
Reviewed 1 April 2013

when we first pulled up in my car i loved the look of the hotel it looked like some awsome building from the fiftys i was so excited to check in the beach is right there.but sadly when i got to my room the door would not open i had to go ask for them to fix the key pad when i got into the room it reeked of smoke but i thought it was very cool looking the beds were very uncomfotable and the floors needed to be steem cleand i got out of the shower and the exess water was turning black on the tile floors i loved the hotel even though it was nasty its soo pretty and has sooo mutch potential please fix it up i would love to go agian and see it clean

• Stayed April 2012
5 Thank bbg26

Travellers are raving about these Panama City Beach hotels

Huntsville, Alabama, United States
Reviewed 29 September 2012

I have stayed here once, October 2010. The issue with these reviews is that I think people are booking through a website. I rent mine directly from an owner (found her on CL actually) and she maintains the unit much like a beach hotel room. Bed, pull out sofa, kitchen. Always clean (in fact you clean unit yourself after use to prevent cleaning charge). The hotel as a whole does appear kind of seedy and could definitely benefit from an overhaul. But, it is directly on the beach. For the $60/night I pay ($75 on season) then its a heck of a deal! I would be afraid to see the other rooms, though, based solely on these reviews!! Luckily I don't have to, we're returning to same unit next week.

Room Tip: Rent directly from owner to avoid being overcharged.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank JennieMBee8
Panama City Beach, Florida
Reviewed 7 July 2012

This was a last minute trip for me and my husband so, after looking for 3 hours and trying to get something we could afford (because rates SKYROCKET at this time of the season), I found Fontainebleau. Our friends decided to join us so, I got a double bedroom. The check-in went great, we were even told hot dogs and watermelon would be given out the next day at the 1st floor patio (it was the 4th of July that day) and that was nice to hear. We go up to room 424 and I wanted to breakdown and cry. It smelt like mold, it looked old and dingy. We didn't even get cable television, just straight-up HD basic channels. The furniture looked uncleaned. I sooooooo much missed my Dunes of Panama (we couldn't stay there they were booked up and a 1 week minimum stay). The lifestyle, look and style of Fontainebleau did not suit my taste, not one bit. We stayed next door to a old crazy lady which helped me to stay inside the room. One good thing about FT is the 5th floor deck. Perfect place to see fireworks from the County and City pier. This was my first time staying somewhere else other then Dunes of Panama and that will NEVER happen again. I will NEVER return to the Fontainebleau!!! I hate giving bad reviews but, honesty is the best quality.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Christy W
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 2 July 2012

We spent a week in Panama City in a beautiful condo but wanted to stay a few extra days. After searching for a place that had availability (due to it being 4th of July week) we ended up at Fontainbleau Terrace. If you are on a low budget or like to party...this is your place. There is nothing to brag about here except the beautiful gulf. The property is old and dingy and not well kept. We were told there was a $250 fine if you smoked in the room but that didn't stop people from smoking there. Our room wreaked and I had to get disinfectant spray from the front desk. Linens are old and stained and I wouldn't even sleep with the bedspread on me. I wore my flip flops in the shower. The towels were like sandpaper. Atleast we could tell it was cleaned as we could smell bleach when we came in (on top of the smoke). My daughter had a room a couple of doors down and would not use the tub to bathe her child in. Also, partiers kept them up until 1:30 or so in the morning (right outside their door). They tried to call the office but no answer. The next morning they had vomit right outside their door. When I went down to talk to the front desk manager (a different one then when we checked in) he didn't even bother to ask what room we were in so they could come and clean it up. He told us he couldn't help where someone decided to throw up and he couldn't stop the partiers...even though there was a 10:00 quiet time! The dried up vomit was still there when we left. We also paid $150 per night to stay there per room! At one time, this was probably a nice place. It's a shame as it has character and with some TLC (allot) it could be nice. I want to add that we spoke to a nice couple next to us on the beach and they rented a unit there for $400 per week directly from the owner of the unit who only rents to people she knows. They said there unit was well maintained and clean and there was no noise on the 3rd floor. Even so, the property itself is in terrible shape.

Room Tip: Book through an owner and not the hotel property manager.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank TMW3000
Elkridge, Maryland
Reviewed 23 February 2012

We stayed here room 417, top floor beachside with a balcony on the water. The room had a small kitchen and sofa. Old hotel/condo units.
rate was $89 / night off season and right on water. Had an indoor pool and several decks. Must be a popular place for spring breakers! the sign in sheet for the room has an entry "NO BEER FUNNELS ALLOWED!!" This made us laugh since we've never even heard of a Beer FUNNEL. I guess we wouldn't want to be here when all the spring breakers arrive.

Room Tip: Room was very bright, curtains did not keep light out.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple