“$200 a night?!? Stay somewhere else.”

Nautical Watch Gulf Side Villas
“$200 a night?!? Stay somewhere else.”
Reviewed 15 June 2013

First of all the check in place is not where google maps says it is. We booked through book-it and got the room for $99 a night. Not bad. Then got there and had to pay another $150 for insurance and cleanup. The room or place is no where close to being worth $200. Ridiculous. Well you'd think paying that would at least get ya a great condo.…nope. TV's were tube and from the late 90's. the one in the bedroom is 19". Really?!? I mean I understand its the beach but it does rain and sometimes you are actually in the room when you have kids. Room smells mildewed so it forced us out as much as possible. Just stay somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2013
9 Thank jb4bertram

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
linden
Reviewed 5 June 2013

We rented from VRBO and had an awesome gulf front condo! It was clean! The view was perfect! Like you were setting on the beach when you were on your balcony! We loved it! Would for sure visit again! Family friendly! Calm nice beach! I love small condos~park right in your back door~takes 30 seconds to get to your car and we stayed on the bottom floor no stairs or elevators! 1 minute till your toes are in the sand! LOVE!!!!

Room Tip: We went through VRBO!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank outandaboutTN
Douglasville, Georgia
Reviewed 14 April 2013

We spent 5 nights in B1 which is one of the ocean view buildings. Its located in Biltmore Beach which is a great part of town. Very quiet and kid friendly. Its an end unit which is a little bigger than the rest. Everything we needed was there. There were plenty of plush, good quality towels and wash cloths. I loved the decor and especially the fold out bed. Most pull outs are lumpy but this one was so soft and comfortable. Its on the first floor so you dont have to drag your coolers up and down the stairs. One drawback to Nautical Watch is, no elevator. This unit comes with free beach chair service which was the icing on the cake for me. The owners were very nice and accommodating as well.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank LoveForSail
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 9 March 2013

We stayed here July 2012 unit b9 and was pleasantly surprised by the ease and comfort of our stay. The condo was easy to access with a code and newly renovated right on the ocean. The pool was close and we enjoyed the private balcony and view of the ocean. The kitchen with granite counter and bar stools to pull up was open to the living space. No need to wait on the elevator -only 3 stories tall -we stayed on the second floor. The place is quiet, peaceful and perfect for a simple economical getaway. Kitchen perfect for light meals or if you want to bake and with a washer/dryer in unit it helped keep our expenses down. We will use again. VRBO was a great way to find a good value.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Marlo35HG
Douglasville, Georgia
Reviewed 18 June 2012

I almost didnt book our trip here because of the reviews I read. Im glad I did though. First of all let me say I booked through Expedia. They dont tell you that there is no on-site check in or front office. The condos are individually owned. If i hadnt read the reviews I would have had no clue where to go to check in. You have to go to the Royal American welcome center (I think that was the name) Also there are hidden fees not disclosed on the Expedia itinerary. To the tune of 200 dollars worth. Other than that the place was wonderful. Most of these units face the pool we specifically asked for a beachfront unit and there was one available. The unit was super clean, well appointed and very comfortable. I was worried about the floors because of some of the reviews so I brought extra socks but I didnt need them. Most of the floors are tile with carpet in the living room that was very clean. Somebody loved this condo! We did have a maintenance problem and tried to call Royal American several times with no answer and no return phone call. I fixed the toilet myself. Also the pull out sofa bed was not very comfortable but what do you expect.

Room Tip: Request beachfront unless you want pool front..
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank LoveForSail
Mobile
Reviewed 19 April 2012

I made reservations here via Expedia during the week of 4/16/12. However, when we arrived there was no check-in/reservation office and we had no idea where to go. The instructions were not on the itinerary. I called the number listed on the itinerary, but that number was out of service. I called Expedia...they appeared to have no clue either. They also provided me a (Georgia) telephone number to call and that was the wrong number. Anyway, I never found out where to check-in and had to find another hotel. I would like to mention that a resident at Nautical Watch the complex stated that this has also happened to other people. She lived on the property and didn't know where guests checked-in.

Room Tip: Try Wyndam Resorts. They were awesome!
Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Shanda4050
Dothan
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Overall the room was sufficient to our needs and the trip was great but we were completely shocked upon check-in by the extra $150 in hidden fees. We booked a couple months in advance and was given a $357.00 total cost for the 3 night stay; we paid the cost of one night plus taxes & a damage fee of $45 at the time of booking ($173)....which should have left a balance of around $185. At check-in we were given a balance owed of $352. I asked for a list of the additional fees and was given a receipt that showed "other recurring fees". If you want to be off the main drag but still close enough to resturants & attractions I would recommend this place but make sure you bring extra cash for the hidden fees.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Top of the Gulf Suites
#73 of 83 in Panama City Beach
Sunbird Suites
#68 of 83 in Panama City Beach

Been to Nautical Watch Gulf Side Villas? Share your experiences!