“Great Valve”
Review of Seascape Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Seascape Inn
Ranked #41 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Reviewed 22 September 2012

We have been coming here for years and its still the best valve on the beach. Its a family run hotel right on the beach not a 15 story high rise condo. Walk out your room and be on the beach. The rooms are nothing fancy just a base kitchen and two double beds ( no microwave).

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank lafitte51

Reviewed 13 September 2012

My expierience- The manager (woman) was the most hateful human being iv ever came across. We were kicked out and had the cops called on us for nicely complaining. Lets see Roaches, freezer melted all of our food, toilet problems, nasty carpet, the rooms stayed really gross and moist (yes there all that way, we stayed in 3 rooms while there, due to flooding and the next was roof leaking) The flood soaked all of our clothes, and lord forbid you put your do not disturb sign up, the manager has a major problem with that, im sorry i dont feel comfy having strangers in my room while im not present. Oh did I mention the horrable management, they DO NOT help you with anything.- 0 stars The hotel honestly needs to be abolished. This was based off my expierence. I also know others who will never go back. Thanks.

• Stayed: September 2012
4  Thank Annonamous1
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Unlike many other reviewers, I had a pleasant experience with the office staff. Both the man and woman were very friendly, and even recommended restaurants and helped us find coupons for them. I had some issues with excessive condensation in my room due to the high humidity and being on the very bottom floor, and the guy came and fixed it within 30 minutes of complaining. Also, since the room was on the bottom floor, all the linens smelled musty, but a quick call to the office and the housekeeper changed everything out within minutes with no complaints. If you stay on the bottom floor, you have to keep the AC on like 60 degrees for the humidity level to stay down and keep from smelling the musty odor. I wouldn't walk on the carpet bare footed either, it felt damp and kinda icky. But the bathroom and kitchen was spotless. Overall, for $79 a night for a beachfront room during the "in" season it can't be beat. My room was right in front of the pool and steps away from the beach. The pool was old, but clean and good temperature. My next stay I will definitely request a room on the upper level to alleviate the musty odor.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the top floor so you don't have to deal with the musty odor of the basement roo...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Dawn M
Reviewed 23 July 2012

The owners or managers of this hotel was very rude to me and my family. It was if they were lookiing for a reason to put us out upon arrival. The lady insulted my chidren and called them out of their names. I would not advise anyone to pay their money and get treated the way they treated us. If you are a family of Faith, do yourself a favor, trust God to give you better!!!!!!!

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank 450DK1450
Reviewed 1 July 2012

The people running the motel are not human. Rats and moldy rooms. They even take head count in the pool they don't believe in a friendly welcome rude n horrible service. First and last stay in that trashy motel and such horrible people running it made it worse. Don't be a fool to there prices they will still make u pay somehow.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank tiffany d
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Being staying at seascape inn for 35 years. The place is family run and operated. Always clean, staff is very friendly. located right on the beach very easy to walk just down four steps. and your on the beach.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank lafitte51
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Every summer for the last 10 years my husband and I have been staying at the Seascape Inn(The name has changed once) while on vacation in Panama City Beach, Fla. For us it's always been a GREAT vacation. You can't find a better rate with a better view of the ocean. Also, it's right on the beach and has extremely easy access to the beach. I do agree that the people who work in the front office aren't always the friendliest bunch but the front office is not connected to the motel. Never once in the 10 years we've been staying at the Seascape have we ever needed to go to the front office except during check in and check out. To people giving this place bad reviews....this is obviously a "Mom and Pop" motel. So, to you people looking for a place to stay right on the beach with great rates...STAY HERE!!!. All the rooms face the ocean. It's a good place for couples and families to stay. The rooms are to me in good condition and have always been clean. I don't care where and what kind of motel I stay in...I never use the comforters on the beds. It's not just this motel..it's all motels. Just because you might pay alot more money for a room doesn't mean it automatically comes with a clean freshly washed comforter on the bed. So, I guess to sum all this up....I give this motel a "two thumbs up". If you've got the money to blow on one of the over priced motels then I say...."Go for it"....But, if you're looking to have a great vacation with a room on the beach and good rates...."Stay Here". I personally like going to the beach for the beach....and this place works well for me. Also, if you need extra towels or anything....Just ask one of the housekeepers...they've always been nice and got whatever we might have needed that they have access to. So, please don't forget to tip your housekeeper....Just leave whatever you can.

Room Tip: If you want a room with direct access to the pool and the beach...then ask for a room on the very bo...
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family