“Sugar beach D-15? Smelled soooo bad.”
Review of Sugar Beach Condos

Sugar Beach Condos
Panama city
“Sugar beach D-15? Smelled soooo bad.”
Reviewed 27 July 2013

The irony of this being "no pets allowed". This unit smelled so strongly of dog that we had to immediately leave the condo, go to the store, and get a bunch of air freshioners and candles to make this unit tolerable. Even my girlfriend , someone that has indoor pets and is used to the smell, said it was terrible. Everything in the condo, except the out of place new granit countertops, we're straight from the 1960's. No money has been spent on this unit , other that the new counter tops, in 50 years. Beach is VERY crowded even if it's not a holiday or spring break. This complex is right next to 2 huge complexes with some 500 rooms in each. No wonder this was available on such short notice.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jeff C

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Dalton, Georgia
Reviewed 19 August 2012

we stayed in condo c3 and it was great we love it when we stay in this condo ... thanks for letting us stay we stayed during the summer .. it was awesome ... my grandmother and fam. went down on sunday july 8th and me and my mom and my sisters and one of my cousins went down on tuesday july 10th and we were on our way and we accidently took a wrong turn and we ended up back in alabma and we crashed in dothan at 1 am. and we finished our trip the next morning me and my mom and sisters left friday to come back home gmother and aunt and cousins stayed until sunday

3 Thank Justin B
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 9 August 2012

First the Good. It is not a high rise condo.....which is VERY rare in PCBeach. The property is very quaint with the condo's built in a big "U" shape.....inside the "U" is a lake, grassy area, tennis courts, clubhouse and pool. The grounds are taken care of fairly well. It is only 3 floors so there are NO elevators....big plus. If you make reservations early enough, you can get one of the limited beach front condos....which have great views of the beach....(except for the one bedroom beachfronts that are behind the sea wall....so you cant see the ocean at all from these first floor units.....ALL the one bedrooms on the beach make up the bottom floor, so don't expect a view from these condos) It is in a great location. Walking distance to Spinnaker and La Vela....within a mile of Pineapple Willies. The big Walmart is very close, there is a golf course practically across the street. Lots of good restaurants in the vicinity.

Now for the bad. The owners don't seem to be interested in updating the condos. Many are in some form of disrepair. Old doors that don't lock easily, rusting fridges, cracked microwaves, no wi-fi, televisions that don't work, faucets that have cold/hot water not matching what's on the faucet (eg...cold comes out when you have it set for hot), very limited pots and pans. They seem to have an issue with lots of stray cats and some of the rooms smell like cat spraying has been going on.....not pleasant.

It is really a shame that these condo's are not better taken care of because it could really be a special place.

3 Thank TravelDBug1960
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 2 August 2012

Don't waste your vacation staying here!! It was pretty dirty.. It had a very bad mold issue.... The TV in one of the bedrooms did not work. We found several cockroaches.. Me & my best friend slept on the pull out the first night and the next morning we relized we had bites on our stomachs & backs.. We told the front desk and she just really had nothing to say about it and she told us the manager would call us and he hasn't yet. That's been over a weeks ago! It also needs a good updating! NEVER staying here again!

5 Thank Blynn_12

Travellers are raving about these Panama City Beach hotels

Reviewed 28 July 2012

Will never stay at this condo again! Tv did not work in one of the bedrooms. Very outdated. Wood around sliding glass door was routening. The first night my girls slept on the pull up bed woke up the next night with bites on their stomachs. We found a bracelet and a hair extension under one of the pillows like the sheets had never been changed. Oh and to top it off we found a 2 inch cockroach under the bed. Furious I called blowing in the wind (who told us it was a nice condo when we booked it) to get our money back and try to salvage the rest of our vacation basically said there was nothing they could do. They said the manager wouldn't even give us our money back for the nights we hadn't even stayed yet. They would keep the money and to bring keys If we where not staying there the remaining of our reserved days and they would have manager call us. This was on mon. Today is fri. and manager still has not called. Don't waste your money or vacation on this place!

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Shookyj
birmingham,al
Reviewed 24 June 2012

As i pulled into the parking lot in my chevy iroc i wondered if this was really the place for me. I pulled in put on my raybans popped my collar and hopped out of my 'maro. I walked inside and kicked off my reebok pumps took off my members only jacket and turned on the woodgrain tv but it cable box wasnt working i thought. Fortunatly they have all the mOdern technology like the wicked sweet vcr so i ran and got my miami vice season one tapes. The well still no Picture and i dont get it because RCA makes all the best stuff. Well i turned it off and just savored the ultra moden decor. Denim dust cover over the mini blinds , blue carpet throughout, and a wicked sweet crock pot! This place has it all. I mean not like a view or anything but the fish pond is totally rad. Now im going back to try to get one of these tvs to work, its almost time for CHiPS.

• Stayed June 2012
3 Thank cj7deerslayer
New York City, New York
Reviewed 23 June 2012

It smells, it's very old, THERES NO WIFI! I know some here said there was, I here now and I promise there's not. The very nice lady at the rental office said there was in the clubhouse, nope, an if there was it wouldn't matter... It's locked. Did I mention it really smells bad.

• Stayed June 2012