“Excellent price for a two bedroom suite close to beach”

Comfort Suites Panama City Beach
Ranked #22 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Reviewed 24 July 2011

Called on short notice for a two night stay and was told they had a two bed (Queen) with a pull out sofa bed suite for 119.00 a night! We took it and were very pleased! The staff was friendly, the food was fresh and area was clean. There is a little wear and tear but overall it was a great find! We will definately stay here next trip to Panama City Beach!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank NOLARiverCItyCouple

Reviewed 19 July 2011

We loved staying here--one night until our beach front condo was ready. Everything was very clean (and I am a nit-picky germaphobe!) staff was helpful and friendly--even as we arrived after midnight. The room was HUGE and resonable in price. Breakfast was pretty good, hot and the area was kept clean and filled. The only thing that would make it better is if it was beachfront! Parking lot was well lit and the pool looked clean.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Rheuer
Reviewed 28 June 2011

hotel is close to beaches, can drive 2 minutes..shopping area very close, room is clean, good breakfast

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Oznar
Reviewed 25 June 2011

My family and I stayed at this hotel while I was attending my high school reunion. I chose Comfort Suites over other options because I've stayed at other of the chain's locations in the past and been quite pleased. This one, not so much!!

While the front desk staff was unfailingly pleasant and helpful, other staff members were extremely rude and unfriendly. Maid staff came into our room while my oldest daughter was sleeping, in spite of requests not to. Breakfast was served from 6:00 - 9:30, and if you want to eat, you should be completely finished with your meal by 9:30 or they will turn the lights off on you! I understand ceasing to serve at a specified time, but was extremely offended by having the lights turned out while I was still sitting there eating! When we protested to the front desk, the clerk was kind enough to request the kitchen staff turn the lights back on, but had to argue with them to get it done! The hotel manager came over to "apologize" and explained that the hotel owner required them to turn the lights off promptly at 9:30 so that people would not continue to come for breakfast. When I pointed out that people couldn't very well eat what wasn't there (the staff began to remove the food around 9:25), he said they were just following orders. If it's true, the owner should be ashamed of him/herself for such antisocial behavior!!

As for the breakfast food, it was a disappointment, with packets of oatmeal and grits (how hard is it to cook them and have them in a warming pot!?!), the eggs were microwaved discs of yellow disgustingness, and the coffee was mediocre at best. The best thing was the spiced waffle mix that you used in the self-serve waffle irons.

The rooms were satisfactory, though when we moved a chair cushion while searching for my youngest daughter's beloved bunny, we found a large amount of food residue (a handful of whole Cheese-Its and lots of other crumbs). I would not recommend this hotel to anyone based on my experience with this facility. Kudos to the front desk for being the saving grace.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank shawndy
comfortpcb, General Manager at Comfort Suites Panama City Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2011

Comfort Suites, the staff and myself are disappointed we did not live up to your expectations. I am the manager that came and spoke to you each morning as your family dined in breakfast. As I mentioned that first morning when we spoke, the light that was turned off is decorative lighting and is not the primary light source. It is a decorative chandelier that signifies breakfast is open and running. We allow all of our guests to stay in breakfast and dine as long as they wish, in your families case I spoke with you each morning until around 10am. We never wanted you or anyone to feel that we turned lights off on anyone. We both agreed that morning that the lighting does not effect the the lighting in the room and is only decorative. We now leave the light on until all guest have left breakfast, we do not want to ever upset a guest in this manner again, and we certainly do not participate in anti-social behavior. We work very hard to accomodate and please each and every guest and make them feel welcome and try to fulfill every request and fix any problems. I know the morning that your young daughter had the accident in breakfast among the guests we were quick to clean and remedy the situation to your thankful satisfaction as fast as possible so it did not cause any embarressment. This is an example of how we try to go above and beyond for each customer no matter the siuation. In regards to the breakfast, I had no idea you felt that way about the grits and oatmeal and eggs. I am so sorry it did not meet your standards. We have over 32 items on our breakfast and some of the items are instant such as the grits and oatmeal. The hot items we have are Sausage, Eggs, Waffles, and Biscuits among the other many continental items. All Comfort Suites do have the same Deluxe breakfast buffet. I want to sincerely thank you for your kind words regarding the front desk and of course the waffles :). In regards to housekeeping, in the future please contact the front desk immediately.we have staff on site that will happily and quickly fix any problem that may arrise.. We inspect each room before renting it to ensure the quality and cleanliness. I am so very sorry that the room was not 100% clean. I have addressed this with the staff to ensure it does not happen again. We would welcome and love the oppurtunity to serve your lodging needs again. I am confident you will not leave dissapointed if we were given another chance to serve your and your family. Again, I am so very sorry for the problems during your stay. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and please call me if I can be of any assistance. Keith

Reviewed 27 April 2011

Our family had a most enjoyable stay at this hotel. Reading the few negative reviews, I was somewhat apprehensive, but I can now report that the hotel was perfectly fine. The negative reviews were mostly about "rude service", which we did not receive at all. I think the people that write those have some expectation that they're staying at a five-star hotel, and that the staff will be falling over backwards to fawn over them and kiss their..... Anyway, as I said, the hotel was perfectly fine. Well maintained - kind of no-frills, but again, you want frills, go spend 3 - 4 times as much per night at one of the beachside hotels. The location is great, as it's roughly 6 blocks from the beach, so it's within walking distance, but also a bit removed from the congestion. We would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 March 2011

When I called for directions, the person answered gave me the address and hung up on me. When we checked in, we were confused about an issue with the payment method. When we questioned her, she got a very rude attitude with us. I explained I was not blaming her, I was just confused. After we were officially checked in, she slapped our keys on the counter and said nothing else! She didn't tell us where the elevators were or when breakfast was. She never smiled, nor did she tell us thank you. We passed two of the housekeeping crew later. Neither smiled or said a word to us. The next morning, we went down for breakfast and got two very bad looks from employees for attempting to eat breakfast 2 minutes before it ended, when no one had specified it was over at 930. At check out, the woman checked us out and said nothing more than, "okay. You're checked out. " I have always stayed in Comfort Suits and never hadthis problem. I was very disappointed in the customer service. I understand they may be a little on edge during spring break, but that is NO reason to treat two very nice customers with such disrespect.

• Stayed: March 2011
3  Thank kararene12
Reviewed 22 June 2010

Hotel was clean and attractive, still new. Room was very quiet, had a nice size fridge, mwave, coffee maker. Bathroom was well stocked. Complimentary breakfast was very good...the waffle maker with the cups of batter (you make your own), eggs, sausage, dry cereal, packs of grits and oatmeal, fruit, yogurt, breads and sweet rolls, juices, teas, coffee, mwave, toaster. Staff, including housekeeping, was very friendly and helpful. (A word to the wise, take Back Beach Road to get around, NOT Front Beach Road. Many roads cut through to Front Beach Road, and you'll get there much quicker!) Great hotel! Would definitely recommend! Comfort Suites seem to always be a good bet.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family