“AWESOME! !!”

Boardwalk Beach Resort Condominiums
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I was very weary because I had read all the bad reviews on here. But I habe to say that I was very impressed. We stayed in the hotel.Our room was very clean. Beds were comfy. Very stocked with towels and not a lot of noise. Only thing I would have liked to have was a table and chairs but I stayed on the beach most of the time so it was all good! I will definitely stay here again. My family and I had a fabulous weekend!!

Reviewed 31 August 2013

Labor day weekend 2013 and the worst ever staff! Completly amazed at how rude the parking ppl are and the the mgmt staff. If you stay here, be warned!! The view is the ONLY reason to be here. ..….....................................

1  Thank Kkb40221224
Reviewed 31 August 2013

When I saw this resort for the first time on the web, really catch my attention... after read some good reviews and bad reviews we talk to my husband and we decided to give it a try.
In my opinion was a completely disappointment.
We are a family of 4, my two kids 9 & 7 and my husband and I, we came all way from Maryland, almost a 1000 miles away from home. And we hit PCB around 1:30 pm, we went to do the check-in but they said it wasn't ready yet and that probably will take couple hours to actually take the suit , the guy on the front desk said, have to be at 4pm or after 4pm, wasn't good for us because we were tier to travel all day and night, but we say ok, we just went to walk and get to know around the area.
Then around 4:30pm they call us to say that our suite was ready, so we went to get our keys and then finally we get in to this suite.
Was a one bedroom suite with bunk beds in the hallway, now... keep in mind that those bunk beds are not suitable for small kids since they are built in, they just don't work for small kids to tall in y opinion and not easy to reach the top bed.
Then, the carpet in our room was so dirty that I don't even want to take my sandals off, the utensils in kitchen were dirty, walls dirty, floors dirty, baseboards dirty, wow was a completely mess, then I supposed to have a king size bed but instead of that I have a queen size bed with king size bedding. Awkward furniture, well what I can say is that I don't have nothing of the pictures they post in their website.
Ahh!! and I forgot to mention that Sunday morning they were working on the roof and I was trying to keep sleeping because was Sunday and we were on vacation so I wanted to get in bed late, but we couldn't.
The view was stunning!!! because we were on the 21th floor, pool was good, the Hot Tub was also ok... if you want to stay in this place try it, we may have bad luck this time, but were not coming back no more to this resort ever again!!!

Reviewed 25 August 2013

We were excited to have the first "real" vacation in about 4 years. Due to family obligations we have not been able to have one. Found this Condo while searching for places in Panama City Beach, FL. Being from FL I am a little picky. The condo was beautiful. My sister came to stay with us also and there was plenty of room for her and my family, of which there are 4! Right on the beach and the price was really good. We were also able to extend it a night (because we hadn't planned enough time). If you are looking for a quality place to stay with lots of security then this is the place for you. Will be back for sure!!!!

1  Thank Slobberdogs
Reviewed 13 August 2013

This condo location is awesome-on the beach, middle of PCB, and within walking distance to Pinneapple Willys and Spinnakers.
Pros:
-Condos are completely updated with granite countertops and very nice bathrooms.
-Close to WalMart
-Beach is very nice
-Awesome Fitness Center
-Beach chairs/umbrellas were available for rent and the guy running it was very nice.
-Front desk staff was less than welcoming. I would expect more for a place this size.

Cons:
-The sheets and blankets seemed very old and dirty. I understand they dont wash the comforters but even the sheets and blanket underneath was kind of gross. We also found clumps of hair on the floor from someone else.
-Amenities in condo are sub-par. We found the dishes to be dirty and had to wash them before we used them. There was no dish detergent, no wash cloth or sponge in kitchen, no wine opener, no coffee filters, no salt/pepper, and no trashbags. I understand this is a hotel-like condo, but providing some of these things should be expected at a place like this.
-The pool was very crowded. When we were there, the complex was less than half full and I cant imagine what the pool looks like when it is a peak weekend.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We stayed at Boardwalk condos in a 3 bedroom plus bonus room. Tons of space for 5 adults. Updated rooms and beautiful beach view. Only complaint is lack of supplies in condo such as coffee filters, kitchen counter cleaner, only 1 packet of dishwasher soap etc. bring your own and the place will be perfect! Agree that office staff are not overly helpful, but we didn't have much contact with them once we were turned down for coffee filters. Beach is perfect and you can walk for miles either direction. Be sure to eat at j. Michaels restaurant.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Room 1109 at boardwalk beach resort is the worst condo I have ever stayed at in my life!!! The floors were filthy, the blankets were still on the sofa bed and folded up inside, the furniture wasn't moved back from when the previous guests had moved it tompull the sofa out, the whole place smelled like backed up sewage, it was dusty, & there was no broom to sweep the filthy floors. Our first night there someone came BANGING on our door at midnight, when my husband opened the door it was 2 security officers. They asked no questions they told him you spit off the balcony, you are evicted, get out now!!!! Imtoldmthem we have young kids and a baby in here sleeping, his exact words were " I don't care, you have to get out now". We refused to leave, so he called the police and I called the rental company. The rental company got on the phone with police and said we did not have to leave, the police told us to go inside and enjoy the rest of our stay, so we thought that was the end of it. Wrong, the next day the head of security comes up and talks to my husband and says we can stay but an hour later the manager from the management company comes to the room and said the lady that owns the unit wants us to leave but he could find us another place to stay so we agreed. But then the head of security walks up and is confused that they are making us leave so he gets on the phone with owner(husband) and he says that we can stay. So instead of moving 4 kids and ourselves across town we decide to stay. On the day of checkout the cleaning lady comes knocking on our door an hour before checkout and says "one hour" and waits outside the door until we leave 45 minutes later. The rooms aren't clean so I'm not sure what she was doing there. And to top things off after i wrote my review on the condo on VRBO, the man that owns the condo called my husband and said "I demand that you have your wife remove her review from VRBO". I would stay at home before I stayed at this resort again.

6  Thank Aspray84
lja777, Owner at Boardwalk Beach Resort Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

As owner of this unit it is very disheartning that a guest would write such a mean spirited review. We have owned our condo for over 4 years and never once experienced a negative review. We pride ourselves in having many repeat guests whom we have fostered wonderful relationships with. We would welcome any constructive criticism that would help improve a guest's stay but we are very puzzled by the libelous statements made against us. There is not enough space here to address and defend all the defamatory things written ( that can be done in another venue). When you get a call at home letting you know that Secuirty and the Panama City Beach Police had to be called to your unit due to your guests behavior then you know you have a problem. Security had witnessed the guests spitting tobacco juice off the balcony aiming at the people below. The guest's response to security was, according to the incident report filed, he could do what he wants to do and there are no rules against spitting from the balcony. This all escalates to the guests cursing and screaming at security. Needless to say this is late at night and it is disrupting other guests staying on that floor. The police had to be called to help security deal with the situation. As owners this has never happen to us before. We did agree to let them stay after a phone call between my husband and the guest. At no time did the guest complain about conditions in the condo and he made it clear that he didn't want to move to a different condo The next thing we know they are writing horrible things about the condo. We had new guests checking in the same day these guests left and I made sure to ask them about any smells or cleaning issues. They said there were none and they loved the place, go figure!