“Good and Bad”

Boardwalk Beach Resort Condominiums
“Good and Bad”
Reviewed 9 July 2006

We come to Panama City Beach every year...have been doing so since I can remember. We had booked our condo through a private owner so we did not have to endure the long lines at check in, etc. My other family members had also made reservation but they went through the front desk. The staff were extremely rude to them and told them that the room they had booked in January had been taken because the owners decided to come in. The room was on the 2nd floor and my aunt had called back and checked on this several times since January because she does not like heights and wanted to make sure she was on a lower floor. They always told her yes, she would have a room on the 2nd floor. When they were told they were bumped to another room, they asked what floor, the staff at the desk told them they would be on the 15th floor. When they went to look at the room, it had not even been cleaned. It was filthy dirty with peanut butter all over the counter top and it smelled bad. When my aunt argued with them she decided that it wasn't worth fighting over and went back to Gulf Crest were they really wanted to stay in the first place. They only made reservations at Boardwalk because we like to try new places. The manager said that they could not get their deposit back and my aunt said they would not be leaving until they received every dime of their money. It was a terribal experience for them and I hated it because they were 5 buildings away from us the whole week. The pool area is a complete joke. If you go into the area before 10 am, the "pool nazi" will kick you right out and make you stand in line like a child at the gate. Those were the only two complaints that I had. The room was nice and clean and we had a pretty good experience. Good place for kids, would never recommend it to someone wanting a romantic getaway. I might stay here again, however, I would only do so if I rent from a private owner.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Dayton, OH
Reviewed 1 July 2006

We stayed at the Boardwalk Beach Resort early in June, 2006. We had 6 adults and 1 four year old in our 3 bedroom condo. The rooms are average, but nothing spectacular. Our family goes to PCB every year. Our main attraction is lying by the pool and relaxing. Don't plan on doing that at the Boardwalk! They do have a "kiddie" area. However, it's not enjoyable for any child over the age of 3! - So - all of the "older" kids crowded the main pool and spread their towels on chairs that they would never use. And that brings me to the next problem. The pool area is not nearly large enough to accommodate the number of guests at the resort. You were lined up like preschoolers and herded in like cattle at 10am every morning, just hoping to snag a few seats. We ended up going to Wal-Mart to buy chairs for the beach - not happy about spending $70 in beach chairs when you pay so much to stay at the Boardwalk... Staff members need some serious customer service training. I think we encountered only 1 pleasant staff memeber during our whole trip. Upon check-out, which is 10am by the way, my 50+ year old father was scolded for checking out at 10:24. What they didn't care about was that we'd been out of the condo by 9:45am and had been waiting in the enormous check-out line (probably due to staff inabilities)since then. They reminded him that they "could charge him for an additional night if they wanted."
Bottom line - If you're looking for a family resort, I suppose this would be it - if your idea of a family vacation is dealing with hundreds of maniac kids who have no supervision. We'll never stay here again.

3 Thank ladkins7

Travellers are raving about these Panama City Beach hotels

Reviewed 29 June 2006

We just got back from a fun-filled week at the Boardwalk Beach resort with my 2 small kids and we loved it. This is one resort that is super-family-friendly and has the coolest "splash zone" for kids and an awesome pool. The beach has to be one of the most beautiful beaches around. It is really wide and the sand really is sugar white. The poolside restaurant is great for quick snacks or lunches and is not expensive at all. Our condo was a one-bedroom with a bunkbed in the hallway for kids and this room was phenominal. Having a separate bedroom for my husband and I was wonderful and my kids loved the cool bunks. The couch also lets out into a comfy bed, so we used that too. I highly recommend this place and may go back next year. A++++++++ Don't worry about making this decision -- it's a no-brainer!

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 June 2006

Got in at check in time and room was not ready! Was told to wait another hour and then try again, but was told room was still not available. I wasted my whole families vacation because of waiting to get a shower from the beaches and salt water and everybody knows when you have small children they can not wait to get a bath to get freshened up, but this hotel was a nightmare and I would encourage people to look at these reviews to stop going to this resort to shut it completely down as I wish I would have done brfore booking it. Manager also canceled my reservation because of my rudeness towards the faculty as well, but I asure you the other 30 people standing in line waiting for rooms would stand by me 100%.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member