“Loved the Boardwalk Beach Resort!”

Boardwalk Beach Resort Condominiums
atlanta
“Loved the Boardwalk Beach Resort!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2006

My family and I just returned from a week long stay at the Boardwalk Beach Resort. We rented a 2 bedroom condo from a family member's friend. The condo was located on the 22nd floor. Beautiful views!! I would recommend staying as high up as possible. You can not beat waking up to the beautiful views of the ocean and eating breakfast on the balcony overlooking the ocean. The condo itself was updated and nicely furnished. There was a big screen TV in the family room area and TV's in each bedroom.
I do agree that the pool is small for the number of guests at the resort. However, we had no problems getting in the pool and enjoying ourselves. When we wanted to relax by the pool, we went over to the kiddie pool area and relaxed there. Even found some shade there to relax in. The kiddie area was wonderful! We traveled with a 3 year old and she truly enjoyed the kiddie area. It was not crowded so she was able to enjoy it without agressive older kids splashing on her.
The beach was beautiful. We did not like the seaweed that seemed to collect at the shore. Some days the seaweed was worse than others. The ocean water is so clear that one morning from our balcony we spotted a shark! The shark was very close to the shore but it was early morning so no one was in the water.
All in all this resort was awesome and we will definately stay again. We did not encounter any rude staff people and our room was available when we got there. The only bad thing I have to say about the resort is the elevators! There is no air in the elevators and it can get very stuffy and hot in them. While we were there, a few of them would get stuck mid floors. I could only imagine being stuck in the elevator with no air.

• Liked — Views and the closeness to the beach. The room was spacious and nice.
  • Disliked — The elevators
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
2 Thank ga-girl23

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2006

My family (2 kids and 2 adults) stayed here the last week in June. The room was ready two hours before check in and the room was beautiful! We got a 2 bedroom and couldn't have been happier. It was so spacious and beautifully decorated. The pool was comfortable-who wants a hot pool when it is 90 degrees outside?? We never encountered any problems with rude employees at the pool, nor will anyone if you obey the rules and hours. If hours had not been enforced, then people would complain about too much noise at night. (This was not a problem here!) This was a great place for families, my children wanted me to say its the BEST and kid friendly. We really felt like we had a little piece of paradise for the 4 nights we were there. Don't worry about booking this hotel. You will be soo glad you did!!

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
fayetteville
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2006

First let me start by saying do not stay in the hotel section. If all you want is a hotel room I think you can get a better room somewhere else. The room we had was on the condo side and it was great. We stayed at the Boardwalk Beach Resort this past June and booked one of the 2 bedroom condos with a bonus room for the kids. There were 6 of us (4 adults & 2 kids age 6 & 4). The room itself is great and by the time you split the condo it was no more expensive than a hotel room and you get twice the space. There is lots of space, you have a kitchen with bar area you can sit at or you to eat at the table that divides the kitchen from the living area. The bedrooms were very spacious and each had its own bath and lots of closet space. There was a balcony that overlooked the ocean and pool area and it was big enough for everyone to sit and enjoy the view. The kids loved the bunk beds in their room, my daughter still talks about them. If this review was based solely on the room it would be a 5, but don't expect housekeeping until late in the afternoon. However every time we asked for something from housekeeping they were happy to get it for us.

The problem we had was with the management. The last day we were there we had medication stolen out the room while we were at lunch. Security took forever getting up to our room and while we were talking to them they lead us to believe that they had been having a lot of problems like this lately. We never once heard from the manager that was on duty at the time not even for an apology for the inconvenience. I tried to speak to the manager before we checked out, but was told he was busy at another property. I left a message at the front desk for him to call me to discuss the issue, but never heard from him. Called twice the next day and never heard back. Called a third time the following morning and still did not get a return call. The only reason they finally started talking to us was because the other couple that stayed with us went over management’s heads and contacted the director of operations for the company who owns the property. When one of the managers I had been trying to reach finally called me back. I caught him in several lies about them trying to contact us, like no phone number (left at least 2 different ones each time) and in the same conversation he said the other manager had been trying all day but couldn't reach me. My caller ID showed no missed calls at all so I don't know who they were calling. Even after we finally spoke to management they did not call when they said they were to let us know the out come of the "investigation". Instead we received a letter in the mail stating that they would remove 1 nights stay from our bill. This was the least I would have accepted after the way we were treated, but the total lack of customer service in a situation like this is inexcusable.

Even with the break-in I probably would have stayed there again because the room was really great. I would just make sure to lock my medication up before heading out, but the lack of concern from the on-site management staff ruined any chance of us wanting to come back to this property.

4 Thank kmd573

Travellers are raving about these Panama City Beach hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2006

We come to Panama City Beach every year...have been doing so since I can remember. We had booked our condo through a private owner so we did not have to endure the long lines at check in, etc. My other family members had also made reservation but they went through the front desk. The staff were extremely rude to them and told them that the room they had booked in January had been taken because the owners decided to come in. The room was on the 2nd floor and my aunt had called back and checked on this several times since January because she does not like heights and wanted to make sure she was on a lower floor. They always told her yes, she would have a room on the 2nd floor. When they were told they were bumped to another room, they asked what floor, the staff at the desk told them they would be on the 15th floor. When they went to look at the room, it had not even been cleaned. It was filthy dirty with peanut butter all over the counter top and it smelled bad. When my aunt argued with them she decided that it wasn't worth fighting over and went back to Gulf Crest were they really wanted to stay in the first place. They only made reservations at Boardwalk because we like to try new places. The manager said that they could not get their deposit back and my aunt said they would not be leaving until they received every dime of their money. It was a terribal experience for them and I hated it because they were 5 buildings away from us the whole week. The pool area is a complete joke. If you go into the area before 10 am, the "pool nazi" will kick you right out and make you stand in line like a child at the gate. Those were the only two complaints that I had. The room was nice and clean and we had a pretty good experience. Good place for kids, would never recommend it to someone wanting a romantic getaway. I might stay here again, however, I would only do so if I rent from a private owner.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dayton, OH
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2006

We stayed at the Boardwalk Beach Resort early in June, 2006. We had 6 adults and 1 four year old in our 3 bedroom condo. The rooms are average, but nothing spectacular. Our family goes to PCB every year. Our main attraction is lying by the pool and relaxing. Don't plan on doing that at the Boardwalk! They do have a "kiddie" area. However, it's not enjoyable for any child over the age of 3! - So - all of the "older" kids crowded the main pool and spread their towels on chairs that they would never use. And that brings me to the next problem. The pool area is not nearly large enough to accommodate the number of guests at the resort. You were lined up like preschoolers and herded in like cattle at 10am every morning, just hoping to snag a few seats. We ended up going to Wal-Mart to buy chairs for the beach - not happy about spending $70 in beach chairs when you pay so much to stay at the Boardwalk... Staff members need some serious customer service training. I think we encountered only 1 pleasant staff memeber during our whole trip. Upon check-out, which is 10am by the way, my 50+ year old father was scolded for checking out at 10:24. What they didn't care about was that we'd been out of the condo by 9:45am and had been waiting in the enormous check-out line (probably due to staff inabilities)since then. They reminded him that they "could charge him for an additional night if they wanted."
Bottom line - If you're looking for a family resort, I suppose this would be it - if your idea of a family vacation is dealing with hundreds of maniac kids who have no supervision. We'll never stay here again.

3 Thank ladkins7
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2006

We just got back from a fun-filled week at the Boardwalk Beach resort with my 2 small kids and we loved it. This is one resort that is super-family-friendly and has the coolest "splash zone" for kids and an awesome pool. The beach has to be one of the most beautiful beaches around. It is really wide and the sand really is sugar white. The poolside restaurant is great for quick snacks or lunches and is not expensive at all. Our condo was a one-bedroom with a bunkbed in the hallway for kids and this room was phenominal. Having a separate bedroom for my husband and I was wonderful and my kids loved the cool bunks. The couch also lets out into a comfy bed, so we used that too. I highly recommend this place and may go back next year. A++++++++ Don't worry about making this decision -- it's a no-brainer!

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2006

Got in at check in time and room was not ready! Was told to wait another hour and then try again, but was told room was still not available. I wasted my whole families vacation because of waiting to get a shower from the beaches and salt water and everybody knows when you have small children they can not wait to get a bath to get freshened up, but this hotel was a nightmare and I would encourage people to look at these reviews to stop going to this resort to shut it completely down as I wish I would have done brfore booking it. Manager also canceled my reservation because of my rudeness towards the faculty as well, but I asure you the other 30 people standing in line waiting for rooms would stand by me 100%.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member