“Wish I could give it 3 1/2 stars”

Majestic Beach Towers
Reviewed 7 November 2013

The beach here is gorgeous! White sand, very clean. Our view (20th floor) was also spectacular. The condo was pretty spacious (we had 5 family members there and we had a condo with 3 bedrooms, plus a small room with bunk beds. The kitchen was well stocked with dishes and the LR area had plenty of books and games to keep everyone occupied. There were TVs in each bedroom as well as the LR, so no fights over what to watch!

Why then would I only want to give 3 1/2 stars? A few reasons: the first is the internet was very, very intermittent. Most of our 4 day, 3 night stay, their wifi wouldn't even show up on our laptops, iPhones or iPad. If you are looking for a disconnected stay, this might just be the place! We however, were there for my husband to compete in the Ironman and we needed access to the internet for a number of things, including trying to track him on the day of the race. I complained at the front desk but was told that the internet had been checked on all the floors and it was working fine. And if I still had a problem, I could use the computers in the business office.

Second, there was a washer and dryer in the condo, which was great! My husband was doing some training runs and biking and we wanted to wash his stinky workout clothes. But the noise from the dryer was horrible! We couldn't even stand to have it on while in the condo - it was that bad and that loud! The maintenance man told us it would take several days to fix the bearings, which he blamed for the noise.

Bring earplugs! And not for the noisy dryer. The first couple of nights there were quite windy and the rails on the deck rattled all night long. It was very hard to sleep. It was also quite humid with a approaching storm and I turned on my ceiling fan, only to find that it made very loud noises unless on the very lowest setting which wasn't worth much.

The bathrooms and kitchen were very clean when we arrived, but the carpets in the bedrooms could definitely have used a good deep cleaning. There was something red spilled all over the carpet in my bedroom.

Not a horrible stay and really quite a beautiful spot, but definitely some things they could improve on, especially since this was not a cheap place to stay.

Room Tip: The higher up rooms may have issues with getting internet access, but definitely have a gorgeous vie...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at Majestic Beach Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Thank you for providing this feedback. We appreciate your detailed comments and I assure you that I will follow up with the appropriate department heads. The Homeowner’s Association is aware of the internet failures and are working diligently with the provider on correcting. I have not heard of the issue regarding the balcony noise before, but we will certainly check into it. I do hope that you will see us again so you can enjoy our beautiful resort and of course our pristine beaches.

There are newer reviews for Majestic Beach Towers

Reviewed 5 November 2013

This is a rental condo type establishment not a hotel. They will rent the condo owners units out to the public. First you register and MUST pay the first night up front with no refunds they will tell you this when you make reservations. They however do not tell you if you do not stay the entire time you will still be charged for the room. I request two days and when I check in I told them I would one be there one night. The front dest said not a problem and it was part of a convention so it would be handled somehow. (Should have knowned better) Signed a six x eight registration card (didnt read the fine print literally) which stated if you depart early you are still responsible for the room charges. This was pointed out to me when i call a week later by the manager, who suggested i read all the fine print. I suggested to him they should disclose this when reservations are made. The point being once you make reservation your are locked it ( screwed). If i cancelled or did not show up I would have been charged the first night fee, one there and you were lock in no matter what. I called several time to speak to the Front desks boss Chris and she never returned my call. They have caller ID and was aware of my complaint, instead of dealing with me they just ignored me. The reservation is handled by The Resort Collection of Panama City, I assume they are the company that handles the renting of these units. They must get paid by commission as they simply do not care if you had a poor experience or not. As far as a beach resort its not really any thing special, the condo room was a bit small and two adults could not fit on that small bed. My biggest problem was the carpet, it hadn't be cleaned in a long while with black spots every where. There are many other places in Panama City to stay, I would not recommend this to family or friends. Or the idependent agents of the panhandle.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Roger M

We appreciate that you provided this feedback. You are correct, we are not a hotel. We are and advertise ourselves as a condominium resort. Every unit is privately owned and the owners may choose to rent their units out to the public. The resort collection policy is that you may change your stay dates up until the time of checkin. Once you register and sign for your departure date, we do not allow for early departures as that room has been secured and not available for others to rent. I assure you that we do not have any other motives and this policy is in place to assure that we are providing due diligence in availability for our condominium owners. I do hope you understand and will return to enjoy all that Majestic Beach Resort has to offer.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

We just got back from a weeks stay at Majestic Beach Towers and I can honestly say, out of all the resorts we have stayed at in Destin and Myrtle Beach, this one had the easiest access to the Beach. Right outside the doors is a short boardwalk and you're on the Beach! The Resort pools, elevators, lobbies, all were clean. The resort has three outdoor pools and two indoor pools. It has several Hot Tubs and a kiddie pool. The only complaints would be, the outdoor pools were really cold and it didn't have easy access from Tower two's amenities to Tower one's. You had to walk down on the beach and down a piece to access the other ammenities. This really wasn't an issue for us, since we spent most of our time at the Beach anyway. The water was beautiful and clear the week we were there. The resort is very convenient to alot of places. There is a Wal-Mart just two blocks away. We will definitely be staying here again, in the future.

Room Tip: If you don't want to fool with riding the elevators much, then try to stay on a floor closer to...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at Majestic Beach Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Thank you for this great review! We are so glad to hear about how much you enjoyed your recent trip to Majestic Beach Resort. Majestic is located directly beach front and in the heart of Panama City Beach. We hope you will return soon to experience all that Majestic has to offer and of course to enjoy the amazing beach!

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Nice clean place, not a lot was open due to we go when it's off season. Very clean rooms and friendly staff. Right on the beach, nice pools and spas! Recommend it for a quick weekend! The shops and the bar at the resort were either closed early or never opened.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for providing this nice feedback! We are glad you enjoyed your quick weekend getaway. We are a great resort for people to stay for one night, a week or even for months! We look forward to you returning again soon.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

We went during october so the amenities weren't open late. Front desk staff weren't as friendly as other people we interacted with. Location was awesome and it was a fun and exciting trip. Pools and hot tubs were amazing.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at Majestic Beach Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed the resort and of course the beautiful location. Your comments regarding the front desk will be addressed immediately. We look forward to you returning so that once again you can enjoy your vacation in this picture perfect setting.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

This was our very first stay at Majestic Beach. We rented from an owner through VRBO and we were in tower 2. First off, this resort is amazing! LOTS of choices of pools, pools inside, pools outside, kiddie pools, pools inside and half outside, mini waterfalls into pools. Pools Galore, and they are all very clean and well kept. The poolside bar and grill is awesome too. The music they play from the bar is an added touch that I enjoyed. The drinks were great and not too overly priced for convenience. There is also a small store/on site coffee shop that brews Starbucks coffee.. You can't beat that! ;) The best part about this resort/property is definitely the beach. We went in early/mid October and the beach was beautiful. Crystal clear, emerald green, and smooth sandy bottom. The benefit was that the sand bars jet out in front of the resort for quite a distance before you reach any deeper water. You can rest easy with your little ones with this type of water. It was just downright pleasant to float in the shallow water with a drink and not a care in the world. :) Another benefit to this resort is LOCATION! It is literally almost straight across from Wal-Mart, and 4-5 condominimiums away from Pineapple Willy's. (our family favorite). Our unit 1902 was breathtaking, nicely decorated, and fully stocked. We felt right at home and Marissa is wonderful to work with. The only downfalls to this resort are: 1: Parking. It takes a couple of days to get used to the different levels of the garage and what level connects to the overhead, and to which tower, etc. There are two towers at Majestic Beach. Everything nice is pretty much in Tower I. We stayed in tower II, but didn't feel too terribly inconvenienced to walk across to Tower I for the pools, bar and grill, or store/coffee shop. and 2: We didn't find the staff too overly accomodating. They just sort of ignore you and don't seem too happy. The owner's desk where we picked up our access cards is not too helpful. But come on... you really don't have to deal with them much, if at all. Overall this was our best find yet for accomodations in PCB, especially for the moderate prices. We will be back next year for sure, hopefully before then!

Room Tip: Most of the accomodations (pools, poolside bar and grill, coffe shop, etc) are in Tower I. If you d...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Rachel P
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at Majestic Beach Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Thank you for providing this great feedback. We are so glad to hear about how much you enjoyed your past visit to our resort. The Majestic is a wonderful resort with so many amenities and in a perfect location. We love to hear that it is your new favorite. Remember when booking directly with the onsite management we do offer the Rewards card with great discounts at our resort and local restaurants and attractions. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

I just returned from a 2 night stay and I can't say enough great things about this place. The condos are amazing. They're so spacious - we stayed in a 1-bedroom condo. You have everything (2 TVs, DVD player, dishwasher, washer, dryer, microwave, toaster, coffee machine) the jacuzzi tub in the bathroom is great! It is super clean and the view of the ocean is breath-taking. There are 3 pools, 3 hot tubs. We loved having a small restaurant and shop inside the hotel.. Starbucks right there. The pizza at the restaurant in the hotel is awesome! Service was great. Everyone there was super nice and helpful when asked for activities around Panama City. We loved being sooo close to the beach. It's great that they provide lawn chairs and umbrellas for guests.We never had to worry about going down to the beach early in the morning to get a lawn chair I wanted to address some of the negative reviews which I can't really understand because they couldn't be further from the truth: Someone said in a review that the elevators are slow, we definitely did not experience that. I always thought the elevators came fast..we never waited more than a couple of seconds for an elevator. Also, the distance to parking is not bad at all. It didnt' take us more than about 2 minutes to get to the car. It's literally right across the street and there is a walkway if you want to use it without going outside. Also, the staff was very friendly and helpful. To sum it up.. I can definitely recommend this hotel. I can't wait to come back to this hotel. It's been an amazing stay and I would have loved to be able to stay longer.

1  Thank scraddock79

We appreciate you providing this wonderful feedback on your recent stay at Majestic Beach Resort. I am sure that the information you provided will help future travelers with their vacation decisions. We are so glad that you enjoyed our resort and our staff hospitality. We look forward to you returning soon for another great beach vacation.