“Don't Stay at Panama City Beach Majestic Towers”

Majestic Beach Towers
“Don't Stay at Panama City Beach Majestic Towers”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Our family just finished a vacation at this resort and will never stay here again. This is the most disorganized business I've encountered in a long time.

It took several hours to get checked in. The carts to unload luggage have to be checked out by leaving your drivers license, and the line to do this was like a queue for a theme park ride without the thrill. With identity theft so prevalent it was unsettling to leave our licenses.

Then after waiting for hours for our room to be ready, we discovered why. There are no service elevators and housekeeping has to use the same ones as guests who are checking in.

In addition to this, there was only one bank of elevators working to get guests and/or housekeeping to 23 floors. On our check out day, it took us 45 minutes to catch an elevator from the 8th floor.

We called ahead to find out about wifi and other amenities and were told wifi was top notch and that movies were shown nightly by the pool.

The wifi service was a joke, which led some members of our party to leave the complex to complete work/school assignments. When we asked about movies, "the theatre was out of order."

Then the day we were leaving two members of our group ate lunch in the H20 Bar and Grill by the pool and ended up in the ER that night with food poisoning.

Don't stay here.

Stayed July 2014
ResortCollection, Manager at Majestic Beach Towers, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
I am very sorry you feel this way. Although I cannot change the elevators or luggage cart process, I will be sure to bring your concerns up to the Homeowner’s Association. I can assure you that the homeowner’s are working diligently with the wifi provider to ensure better service. We have never had a report of food poisoning so I urge you to call back and speak with our food and beverage manager. Thank you for providing your feedback and we do hope that you will return to Majestic when your travel plans bring you back to Panama City Beach.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Pro - the view from balcony! Cons- where to start - elevators and parking - horrible! Condo cleanliness was gross! Dust bunnies all over lamps, baseboard, underneath furniture. It took 90 minutes to wAsh 1 load of laundry and 90+ minutes to dry it. Ceiling fans were falling off in master and 2nd bedroom. They finally replaced one in master bedroom. Kitchen floor was gross! Old food buildup beside refrigerator on the floor. Found a HUGE roach in 2nd bedroom. They came in and sprayed next day. Door to washer and dryer room was laying in 3rd bedroom floor when we arrived. Only place we could get connection to WiFi was on balcony! Was very hard to get elevators and when you did it was with staff with huge carts that took up whole elevator. Took 40+ minutes to return cart to 3rd floor parking garage as we had to wait on 2 employees with huge carts. Each of them had to take a separAte elevator and we couldn't get on elevator with them as we had cart! Need more elevators or separate elevators for staff to use when they have cart. Please don't respond that you've reported this and my complaint is rare! This site is full of complaints about this business and you need to make changes, not excuses! I spent $2000+ on condo, I expected better conditions! Also, room had no ironing board and iron! We flew in so I could not bring one with me! Comforter in master bedroom was full of holes!! Ridiculous!! We arrived late on Saturday evening so maintenance was not available to fix issues. Maintenance wasn't available on Sunday unless it was emergency so we couldn't even get issues resolved until Monday which was the day we found the roach! We've stayed at a lot of beach condos and this is by far the worse place I have ever stayed at!!

2 Thank Michelle F
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Although I cannot change the elevators, I will be sure to inform the homeowner association of your concerns. We take your comments seriously and I assure you that they will be addressed. I hope that you will reconsider and try our property again.

Travellers are raving about these Panama City Beach hotels

Cullman, Alabama
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This was our first time to stay at Majestic and never again!!! We stayed in unit 1204. The condo was filthy!!! Floors look like they haven't been swept in weeks. I had to swept first thing and the dishes were nasty. The master bedroom toilet stayed stopped up the whole week. Think God there was a plunger in there. Wall had black hand prints all over them. Showers looked like they haven't been cleaned. The bedroom with the bunk beds had washer and dryer in it and the doors feel off hinge when we went to close it! Will never stay here again!!! Don't recommend it!!!! Elevators did not work half the time and when they did you had to wait 30 minutes. Bad Condo!! Need better cleaning people!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking your time to provide us this feedback. I assure you that I have discussed your issues with our housekeeping manager. On behalf of our operation, I do apologize for this and I hope that you will rebook with us in the future so that we will be able to prove that we can provide quality accommodations.
Villa Rica, Georgia
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My family and I enjoyed our stay. We rented our condo through Schulstadt Rentals,Teresa is great to work with answered all our questions promptly. Checked in on 7/2/14 to unit 2002 was ready and had no issue finding parking nor a cart to haul all our things.
The unit was super spacious for my family of 12 not once did anyone complain. The view was amazing and the balcony was super spacious for all of us. It was clean and had everything we needed. Not sure why so many people are complaining about this place. Never expect 5 stars when masses of people stay anywhere. Yes the elevator was a little slow getting to us but once on it was super fast and this was on 4th of July wknd and we stayed on floor #20. If you want FAST FOOD treatment go else where. We had a fabulous time will be staying here again. Only reason I did not give it a 5 is because of the funky smell on the main lobby, maintenance can definitely improve on this and the hot elevator adding a vent/fan would be so much comfortable.

Room Tip: Tip: try to park on level 3 check out a cart then haul all your things. Do not attempt to park at th...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Elidee143
ResortCollection, Manager at Majestic Beach Towers, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Thank you for providing us this nice review. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit at Majestic. Majestic is a great resort with all rooms facing the beautiful Gulf of Mexico. We hope to see you back again for many more trips to our property.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This was our first time at Panama City and I picked the resort. The night before our vacation I read a bunch of reviews and a lot of them mention that the rooms were not clean, the problem w/ the elevators and parking, I was so nervous because I was bringing my parents and I did not want them to be upset. So, when we got there I was surprised, the people at the front desk were really nice and helpful, we got to our room and it was a spacious 2 room condo, with tile floors, SUPER CLEAN!!! by the 2nd night we had a problem with the fridge, I called the front desk and the lady said she was " going to take care of it" and she did, within 15 min a gentleman came and fixed it. We did not have any problems with the elevators until this morning when we were trying to leave but it was check out time on July 5th so I was kind of expecting it. The parking lot is a little bit of problem when trying to bring luggage or groceries since is far but other than that is a beautiful resort, quick access to the beach, helpful employees. They are very strict in some things but I do understand that they have to keep a good image and order in the resort. We definitely enjoyed our vacation!!!!

1 Thank Lucy V
Thank you very much for taking your time to write this very nice review. We are so glad that you enjoyed the front desk staff hospitality and that your room was super clean. Once again, thank you and we look forward to your next visit at Majestic Beach Resort.
Vidalia, Ga
Reviewed 5 July 2014

This is my first time ever writing a review but our stay at Majestic was so horrible that others should be made aware. We stayed at The Boardwalk Resort 2 yrs ago and it was fabulous! Everyone went above & beyond to make our stay enjoyable as it was. Well not here! For starters, the process of getting your luggage from the parking garage up to your room is ridiculous. The only luggage carts on site are on the 3rd floor of tower 2 and not only do you have to show an I.D you have to leave it until you return the cart. We also could never find an attendant in the 2nd tower. The employees of the resort did not make us feel welcome and made us feel like we were a bother. Even though the resort advertises "free wi-fi", we could never get an internet connection what less connect to wi-fi even though we called 3 times.The washing machine ruined our clothes and we were told by maintenance "that's not my area of service", the bathtub drain is beyond slow and by the time you finish a quick shower you are up to your knees in water, the toilet sounds like a 747 taking off when you flush it, the staff of the resort didn't have a clue what time the hotel grill opened...the answer I got when I asked was "sometime between 10:30-11:30 I think" and although there isn't a TV guide in the room, only 3 diff remotes, the front desk couldn't tell us which channel was CBS!?! We will never be staying here again. Our experience was far from Majestic!

• Stayed July 2014
We do appreciate you providing your feedback. I do apologize for the issues you experienced. This is not the norm and I assure you the staff has been addressed as customer service is our top priority. We do hope that you understand that this is rarity and will try our property again when your travel plans bring you back to Panama City Beach.
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed out stay! The room was decorated nicely and the ocean view is nice to wake up too! We arrived late so we had no trouble checking in but the lady that checked us in seemed like she hated her job and wasn't too helpful. Parking across the street isn't as bad as I thought it would be, but don't try to get your car out of there the traffic on the main strip is awful! The pool area is nice but busy, lots of people in a small area. They had a main pool with a waterfall, a kid pool with a hot tub beside it and also a baby pool and beside all that a bar! They also have an nice indoor pool if you want to get away from the craziness and the sun! I have seen a lot of people complain about the room cleanliness and it's true what they say everything looks nice but don't take your shoes off the carpet feels disgusting and our bed didn't have a fitted sheet on it! But other than that everything was really nice, walking distance to food and shops!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
ResortCollection, Manager at Majestic Beach Towers, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Thank you for writing this review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. The Majestic is a great resort with a wonderful location in the heart of Panama City Beach. We hope to see you back again soon!