“LOVED this place!!!”

Grandview East & West Condominiums
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“LOVED this place!!!”
Reviewed 8 July 2010

After getting screwed over at the Origin at Seahaven, we were told there was a 3 bedroom condo available here. From the minute my husband & I walked in we loved the place! Raejean in the office was so welcoming and went above and beyond to make sure our trip was enjoyable. We were traveling with 4 other friends for the 4th of July weekend and this place was perfect for us, it was even cheaper than Origin so we got some of our money back! Its ON the beach as opposed to Origin which is across the street, the condo was huge, almost as big as my house back home. The master bedroom was great with a large whirlpool tub & separate shower, tile floors, granite countertops, the works. Everything was new, we had no problems whatsoever with the condo. We were on the 13th floor and the fireworks were amazing from that high up! We also had 2 parking spots right by the elevators the whole time we were there...not assigned parking, there is just plenty of parking spaces. We didn't spend any time at the pool because we were so close to the beach. The ONLY thing about our trip that was disappointing was having to leave!! I would definitely recommend this place for others to stay in and even buy as a vacation home.. I loved it that much!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kklb

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed 26 May 2010

After finding these condos online, my nephew and I started to plan our annual family trip. We reserve one 4 bed/ 3 bath condo (905 west) and a 3 bed/ 3 bath (301 east). After reading reviews on this site, we began to worry that we had made a awful choice. But once we arrived... WE WERE SPEECHLESS!!!!!!!!! The decor of both condos were amazing and the views were breathtaking. Only thing that bothered me was that check-in is at 4pm, but somedays the office closes at 3pm. But even with that, I received a phone call from Amailia (front desk clerk) at 11:30 am on the day of check-in. I was able to check in over the phone, and the condo keys were placed in a lock box outside the office. If we had a problem with anything, maintance was there within 10 minutes.

The was a wonderful trip for our family and we are looking to do this again next year!!!!!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank jsdrakes
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 28 April 2010

Poor communication from beginning, no code given to access building. Told to check in after 4:00 pm, office closed. Had to waste part of next day to wait until office opened at 10:00 am. to check in. Very loud construction in progress (so loud could not hear waves on the ocean), pool closed. Had to be moved to another condo several blocks away. Traveled all over the US, this was the worst ever! SKIP IT!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
3 Thank jk3883
Grandview E, Public Relations Manager at Grandview East & West Condominiums, responded to this review, 17 December 2012
Sorry you had a negative experience! Please keep in mind that Grandview East is not a hotel. We are a condominium complex. Some of our owners choose to rent their condo as a vacation rental through VRBO or a rental company. Please direct your complaints (negative reviews) to the owner or company that rented to you. We do not do rentals nor are we responsible for them. We have lots of guests that rent with good rental companies and VRBO. Please check individual unit and management company reviews on their sites to assure a positive experience.

Travellers are raving about these Panama City Beach hotels

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 24 April 2010

I read the other reviews and am so glad we rented from an owner instead of one of the rental pool units. Our stay was great and the condo was nicer than most homes I've been in. The master suite is on the ocean, with a balcony, and the place was very well-maintained. The master bath was huge with a huge jetted tub and separate shower. It was on the 9th floor and a corner, so the views were amazing! I asked the owners after my stay, if I could have their paint colors so I could make my home look like that place. Parking was easy, we've stayed at other condos where the parking is across the street and it is not as convenient. Rent from an individual, this is really one of the nicer complexes, it is too bad those other units are not cared for.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank luv2tripalot
Canada
Reviewed 31 January 2010

we enjoyed our stay at Grandview East. The slower pace off the off season was great. It is close to all amenties. Our suite was spacious and well epuiped and well worth the monthly rent(off season). Altough in speaking to some other residents they were not happy with thier condo. This is an individual owner issue, our owner was excellent. Also I will say that the building in general was average.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank snowbird073
concord, nc
Reviewed 31 July 2009

Had a great time at this condo. The staff was great (changed light in less then 30 min, checked in late and was asking for extra towels the lady that was in charge of this was leaving but stopped when she over heard me and came back to get me what I needed). The grounds were clean every day,
security guard at night. Great views from balcony.
The only thing that could be better is that the pools were more in the sun, but hey I was there for the beach which was awesome. Also the shipwreck beach store a block from this condo was great super service and good prices

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank camara4710
Birmingham,AL
Reviewed 6 May 2009

My family and I vacation in Florida twice yearly and stays at Grandview. The last 2 years has been a little different for us. Last month, when we arrived at the office to check in, we were hit with all sorts of fees that we did'nt know about prior to checking in. We were told that Grandview went under new management in January 2009 and a lot of things changed since our last stay including free parking for every car that is parked on the property. The parking was $16.00 which would have been ok if we were told that at the time of scheduling our reservation. The 5 bedroom that we stayed in my opinion was "ok", but I was a little disappointed in the kitchen utencils, the towels / facecloths and toilet paper supply (had to go to Walmart to purchase more). They were very cheap and skimpy. I think that the owner should at least invest in decent appliances and cookware. It was very hard to cook in the cheap pots and pans that they have. The blender was burned out so therefore, mixed drinks were out of the question!!! All in all, I think that the owner should accomodate guests in order to make their stays more enjoyable. No one wants to pay a ton of money and go on vacation only to have a lot of things broken and skimpy in the rooms.

• Stayed April 2007, travelled with family