“Very nice except for the parking”

Grandview East & West Condominiums
Reviewed 26 September 2010

LOVED the condo we stayed in (top floor on the far right corner facing the beach)!! The rooms were beautifully decorated, we had an amazing view, and we didn't travel more than 5 miles the entire time we were there because it was so convenient to all the tourist trap restaurants. Didn't spend any time at the pool, just the beach. The only problem we encountered was in trying to get additional parking passes from the desk. We were told to call security the morning after we arrived to obtain them but the number they had posted never worked (it went straight to voice-mail and our calls were never returned). They had also said we wouldn't have to worry about it that morning because they wouldn't be checking for it, but the cars had towing warnings on them when we went down early in the AM. We ended up parking our additional cars in another lot and shuttling people which was highly inconvenient, but what can you do? Otherwise, a great trip and a WONDERFUL place to stay! Just make sure if you are bringing multiple cars to iron out the details at check-in, not later with their "24-hour security".

• Stayed: August 2010
1  Thank Lea0222

Reviewed 8 July 2010

After getting screwed over at the Origin at Seahaven, we were told there was a 3 bedroom condo available here. From the minute my husband & I walked in we loved the place! Raejean in the office was so welcoming and went above and beyond to make sure our trip was enjoyable. We were traveling with 4 other friends for the 4th of July weekend and this place was perfect for us, it was even cheaper than Origin so we got some of our money back! Its ON the beach as opposed to Origin which is across the street, the condo was huge, almost as big as my house back home. The master bedroom was great with a large whirlpool tub & separate shower, tile floors, granite countertops, the works. Everything was new, we had no problems whatsoever with the condo. We were on the 13th floor and the fireworks were amazing from that high up! We also had 2 parking spots right by the elevators the whole time we were there...not assigned parking, there is just plenty of parking spaces. We didn't spend any time at the pool because we were so close to the beach. The ONLY thing about our trip that was disappointing was having to leave!! I would definitely recommend this place for others to stay in and even buy as a vacation home.. I loved it that much!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kklb
Reviewed 26 May 2010

After finding these condos online, my nephew and I started to plan our annual family trip. We reserve one 4 bed/ 3 bath condo (905 west) and a 3 bed/ 3 bath (301 east). After reading reviews on this site, we began to worry that we had made a awful choice. But once we arrived... WE WERE SPEECHLESS!!!!!!!!! The decor of both condos were amazing and the views were breathtaking. Only thing that bothered me was that check-in is at 4pm, but somedays the office closes at 3pm. But even with that, I received a phone call from Amailia (front desk clerk) at 11:30 am on the day of check-in. I was able to check in over the phone, and the condo keys were placed in a lock box outside the office. If we had a problem with anything, maintance was there within 10 minutes.

The was a wonderful trip for our family and we are looking to do this again next year!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank jsdrakes
Reviewed 28 April 2010

Poor communication from beginning, no code given to access building. Told to check in after 4:00 pm, office closed. Had to waste part of next day to wait until office opened at 10:00 am. to check in. Very loud construction in progress (so loud could not hear waves on the ocean), pool closed. Had to be moved to another condo several blocks away. Traveled all over the US, this was the worst ever! SKIP IT!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
3  Thank jk3883
Grandview E, Public Relations Manager at Grandview East & West Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2012

Sorry you had a negative experience! Please keep in mind that Grandview East is not a hotel. We are a condominium complex. Some of our owners choose to rent their condo as a vacation rental through VRBO or a rental company. Please direct your complaints (negative reviews) to the owner or company that rented to you. We do not do rentals nor are we responsible for them. We have lots of guests that rent with good rental companies and VRBO. Please check individual unit and management company reviews on their sites to assure a positive experience.

Reviewed 24 April 2010

I read the other reviews and am so glad we rented from an owner instead of one of the rental pool units. Our stay was great and the condo was nicer than most homes I've been in. The master suite is on the ocean, with a balcony, and the place was very well-maintained. The master bath was huge with a huge jetted tub and separate shower. It was on the 9th floor and a corner, so the views were amazing! I asked the owners after my stay, if I could have their paint colors so I could make my home look like that place. Parking was easy, we've stayed at other condos where the parking is across the street and it is not as convenient. Rent from an individual, this is really one of the nicer complexes, it is too bad those other units are not cared for.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank luv2tripalot
Reviewed 31 January 2010

we enjoyed our stay at Grandview East. The slower pace off the off season was great. It is close to all amenties. Our suite was spacious and well epuiped and well worth the monthly rent(off season). Altough in speaking to some other residents they were not happy with thier condo. This is an individual owner issue, our owner was excellent. Also I will say that the building in general was average.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank snowbird073
Reviewed 31 July 2009

Had a great time at this condo. The staff was great (changed light in less then 30 min, checked in late and was asking for extra towels the lady that was in charge of this was leaving but stopped when she over heard me and came back to get me what I needed). The grounds were clean every day,
security guard at night. Great views from balcony.
The only thing that could be better is that the pools were more in the sun, but hey I was there for the beach which was awesome. Also the shipwreck beach store a block from this condo was great super service and good prices

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family