“Long Beach is great except for the smoking.”
Review of Long Beach Resort

Long Beach Resort
Reviewed 1 August 2011

We just got back from a 7 day trip (booked thru Kim's Condos (Unit 3-405). It was a faboulas unit with the most amazing view. It was my husband, 8 year old son & myself & it was plenty of room. Our 1 & only complaint was that people smoked frequently around the pools. They also just dropped the cigarette butts under the lounge chairs & sometimes in the pool & hot tubs (or it's possible the wind just blew them in). We asked security if it was allowed (many had no idea if it was or not) but one guard did ask & said that it isn't allowed on the pool decks (only on The Hangout's deck). 1st of all it blows all over people even if it is at The Hangout. Maybe it's not technically Long Beach property but it does affect your guests since it's on your land. Second, the no smoking was only enforced if we asked (when a security person happened to walk by). I just don't want to have to be a hound to keep my son (who has asthma) from breathing it in. We unfortunately won't be back unless that is changed. The 1st thing that should be done is to put NO SMOKING signs up all around the pools just as all the other rules are posted. If you don't mind taking in 2nd hand smoke then it's a great place. I really wish we could consider it again but for that reason we just can't.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at Long Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2011

Thank you for your feedback. I will pass along your concerns about the smoking to the Long Beach association and security. We do hope that you return and experience the Resort again in the future.

Reviewed 31 July 2011

We just got back from a week at Long Beach Resort and we had a blast! We stayed in tower 4 on the 10th floor. The view was amazing. The condo was a little dated, but super clean. We rented straight from the resort itself. I think next year I'll call the resort to book and ask for an updated condo. The pool was clean and nice. We were able to find three chairs together everytime we went to the pool. The only gripe I have is that one of the elevators was broken for most of the time we were there. Other than that the resort itself was amazing. We are already looking forward to next year!

Room Tip: Call the resort in person and request an updated condo.
1  Thank jjbgreenroyd

Thank you for writing this response. We are very glad that you booked directly through the resort and enjoyed your visit. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 27 July 2011

Kim was very nice and our condo was wonderful. The security was awesome. I will definetly stay again. Thanks Kim!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Ava_45

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your visit to Long Beach Resort and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 25 July 2011

We always stay with Kim! We have rented through her for the past 10 years! My husband had been laid off for a long time. He finally found a job this month. Kim found us one of her condo's for my family who needed to take a much needed vacation! She done this during one of the busiest times of the year! She is great!! Love her husband too! Vicki

2  Thank vlougheed

Reviewed 20 July 2011

We stayed at the Long Beach Resort from July 15 -19, 2011 in Tower 3, Room 902. We have never stayed at this property before, and will never again. Our room was grimy, but there were no other rooms available, so we were forced to stay. It's obvious the front door was kicked in before, since the security latch was broken and piece of wood it was previously secured to fell on us each time we open the door. Neither of the sliding doors locked, and were difficult to open, especially the one in the bedroom. The microwave was not cleaned, the dryer door would never close because the lint catcher was broken and wouldn't allow the door to close properly. There was sand all over the floor. The sofa bed is extremely uncomfortable. You're better off sleepoing on the floor. We tried to get our money back, but management wants full payment up front and is not very accomodating when you're not happy. I also had a run-in with the front gate security. They give you a decal to hang in your car so when you drive in, they can identify you. The problem is they write your room number on it so everyone can see what room your in. I had two teenage girls with me, so I did not hang mine in the mirror and showed it to them each time I came in and out. The guy told me to hang it up, and I said no, but I would lay mine down on the dashboard, with the room number face down. They don't put your room number on your key for security reasons, so why display it in your car? There are no safes in the room and there is no front desk safety deposit boxes up front, so your valuables seem to be at risk. The wrist bands they issue you at check-in and threaten you to have them at all times, were NEVER checked. We left ours in the room the whole time. The teen boys roamed this property at all hours, doing whatever they wanted. There were rules in the room about no fireworks at any time, but they were setting them off all night. I spent $802 for four nights and would have rather stayed at a one room holiday in for the same money. Avoid this property, unless you own your own unit and NEVER rent it out.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at Long Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2011

On behalf of the Long Beach Resort, I do apologize for the experiences that occurred during your stay. I assure you that I have forwarded your concerns to the appropriate departments. We do hope that you will come back and try our property again in the near future.

Reviewed 28 June 2011

We booked a three bedroom condo 10 days in advance and were prepared to have an okay unit since we were last minute. The unit was perfect! Updated, clean, huge, fantastic view from all bedrooms, living room and huge porch. Great beach, huge fun pool.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank jpa2011
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at Long Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2011

Thanks so much for your feedback. We are so glad that you enjoyed your visit. We look forward to you staying with us again soon!

Reviewed 26 June 2011

Rented Tower 1 1002 directly from LB. Was told over the phone we would not see construction at all. Its the FIRST thing you see when you pull up. Had to check in down the street even though LB office should have been open. Lock on door malfunctioned first 2 days here. Spent MOST of my time locked out, on the phone and being sent from office to office. One night, after noone was willing to help, had to walk to the guard office at 2am to get help getting in my room. When I complained the next day, I was told by maint and office mgr, I should have done this or that and they had no proof I was locked out of my room. I should have wrote down names of who I talked to while locked out at 2am. No one was willing to resolve the issue, they acted like it was my fault the door didn't work. I am sitting here now in the room at 4:30am not asleep because the AC is now not working. Not going to bother calling because I know what their response will be. NOTHING. Room is out dated, tub looks dirty, overall - this has been a waste of $$$. Security even suggested one night while I was locked out that I go get a hotel room! Everyone that works here is rude, passes the buck and basically doesn't care.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank vickid_11
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at Long Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2011

On behalf of Long Beach Resort, I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. Please be advised that I will inform the appropriate department heads and that your issues will be addressed. We hope that you will try us again in the future to enjoy the amenities and service that Long Beach and the staff are accustomed to providing.