“Worst motel I have aver stayed at!”

Bikini Beach Resort Motel
Ranked #25 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Alabama
“Worst motel I have aver stayed at!”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at Bikini Beach Resort Motel in Panama City Beach, FL. On July 17, 18 & 19.
Worst Hotel Ever! We got to the Hotel at approx. 12:00 and asked if we could check in. The front desk clerk, India, said very rudely, that our room wasn’t ready, that she did not clean room and that check-in is not until 3:00. We asked her if she could call us when our room was ready. She took our phone number and said she would call. We kept checking to see if they were cleaning our room, and never saw a cleaning person on that floor. My husband went in the office and asked if our room was ready twice. At 2:45 I went in the office to see if the room was ready. India said she would check. She checked and throwing her head sideways toward me said again very rudely, Oh, it’s ready. I asked her why didn’t she call and she said someone turned the board over. The fact is, the room was ready the entire time, because there was never a cleaning person on that floor. Now about the hotel itself. There is no deadbolt on the front door or balcony door. The floor, ceiling, toilet and walls, air conditioner unit were dirty, the ceiling had holes in it. The shower handles did not match. The wood on the balcony door was cracked. The microwave was rusty and had burnt marks inside of it. The room wasn’t cleaned until 4:00 on the second day we where there and only then after I called. I said when I made the reservation that I wanted ocean front, ocean view room, instead I got a view of the top of the Tiki bar, pool and a tiny view of the beach and ocean on both sides. They charged us $10.00 key deposit and $150.00 deposit for any possible damage to room. They did return the $150.00. I have never been to a hotel that charges for ice, but Bikini Beach charges .25 cents for ice. They told us we had to wear an arm band. There is no coffee maker in the room and there was no coffee in the lobby the first morning we were there. India wasn’t just rude to us, we had other motel guests comment on how rude she was.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank cecilia b
bikinigirl_12, Owner at Bikini Beach Resort Motel, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear worst motel I have ever stayed at,

I'm so sorry that your vacation wasn't everything you had hoped it would be. But I would like to address your opinion of our place. We are an older family owned and operated motel. The ceiling in that room is concrete and the pictures you took were blown up 10x's the size. It's not an eye sore like you have suggested. The specks and I do mean specks are air pockets in the concrete.
India was not rude to you, she went out of her way to help you check In time is 3pm if you arrive early, we do have a place for you to change into your suits and start enjoying your day. Most of our housekeeping staff arrive by trolley and it broke down that day getting them to work a couple hours late. For that, I apologize. We try really hard to keep everything in tip top shape and a little rust is inevitable when you are directly on the salt water like we are. There are dead bolts on the front and back doors of all of our rooms. (It's the law:-) We also have PLENTY of Fresh coffee 24 hours a day in our lobby. Please come down to the office so we can chat over a cup:-)

Ann Henry / owner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Arrived in PCB, last minute change of plans and needed a room for one night. Called from parking lot across the street and was told yes we have a room, told her (Megan) I would be there in three minutes arrive and was told there were no rooms, I informed clerk of previous conversation with Megan and she said "ok out computers are down". I checked in, found a cracked tile in room called front desk and told her my room number and about damage she said she would make a note. About an hour later I called identified room I was calling from and ask for Info to access "free wifi", still unable I access I walked to front desk identifie myself and room I was in and was told "oh you probably won't get it in your room, server is outside by tiki bar". Wifi outside by bar, not very good planning on someone's part. Was never able to access internet from room. Fast forward, 7:27 am next morning a male opens my door, thank goodness I had chain closed. Sound of chain woke me, male stands there staring at me laying in bed. I keep saying "hello, can I help you, someone is in this room". I called front desk, and was told "I'm sorry we rented that room to someone else you were entered into computer as being next door". At check out time I informed again (Megan) of situation and she states "yeah I heard, you call tomorrow and speak to manager she's out of town". Very scarey that someone had a key to my room, staff unconcerned.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Ganurse1234
bikinigirl_12, Owner at Bikini Beach Resort Motel, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Unwanted Visitor,

I am so sorry this happened to you. It is a motel/condo's worst nightmare. No excuses just a sincere apology. We have thousands of visitors every year and I can honestly say this has never happened before. We offer hot spot wifi and the hot spots are designated . We have been in business for over 50 years and only have 20 or so bad comments. I hope you will play the odds and give us a chance.

Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed booked a long weekend at Bikini Beach hotel. The location is great but I was so disappointed in the customer service. When we tried to check in (after 3pm) we were told our room wasn't ready and that is could be up to an additional 30-40 mins. I also heard them tell every one else that was checking in the same thing with the exception of one person. I can understand that there may have been a lot of people checking out that day but as a hotel, you have check in posted at 3pm then the rooms should be ready by then. I am sure if a client wanted to check out after 10am then you would charge them extra since you have it posted that check out is at 10am. There was no offer to compensate anyone for this inconvenience. One blonde lady (I am assuming manager) was nice and said she was sorry but the others were short, not apologetic. When they finally called us to come pick up our keys, another lady was asking for additional information and copies of our licenses (this was again after I had gone through the check in process and was very ready to get to my room) I went back out and got the requested information and finally got our keys. The dark haired lady was not friendly! Throughout the weekend, house keeping was barely noticeable and would forget things. I called down to the front desk b/c housekeeping didn't refill the Kleenex or the towels that go next to the sink. I was told that they had already left for the day and I could come down to the front desk to pick them up. Hello customer service!?!?!?! If your staff doesn't do their jobs then why should I have to come down and pick up the items, how about bring them to me? I have never written a bad review about a hotel till today b/c we were so disappointed in the lack of care or customer service. A little effort would have made our stay a lot better. In the future, we will pay a little more money and go to another hotel or condo.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
bikinigirl_12, Owner at Bikini Beach Resort Motel, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Dear Good Location, Customer Service.

I am so sorry for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay. You are correct we were running a little late that day because my housekeeper had a family emergency and had to unexpectedly and be gone for a few days. You can never prepare for something like that. I make no excuses just apologies.

Hoping you will give us another chance

Life is a beach!

owner
Jackson, Tennessee
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I stayed at Bikini Beach Resort for a week the second week in June with a few of my friends. For the price I paid and how the room was portrayed to look like on the website I was prepared for a room quite a bit nicer than I got. Other than the fact that the room was beach front, that was the only thing I found to be true about the expectations of the room. When housekeeping came to clean the room, they did not get any of the sand out of the room. Seeing that it is on the beach I felt like they should have been prepared to clean the sand off of the floor/bed. Other than that the room/service was average; however, I would not recommend this place to my friends.

Room Tip: Rooms farther away from the pool are quieter
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Macey M
bikinigirl_12, Owner at Bikini Beach Resort Motel, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
We are a small family owned and operated motel. We are not perfect , but we strive to be. I wish you would have contacted the front desk at the time of your dissatisfaction and we would have taken care of ANY problem big or small that you had. We have several types of rooms here and the ones on our website sleep 4 and they ARE pictures of our actual room.

Would love for you to give us another try

Life is a BEACH come enjoy it!

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

It was a very clean pretty place absolutely loved staying there I say people should stay there they stayed know top of clean towels an had Lil soap dispensers in the bathroom the
Blankets smelled good everything was awesome

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kat S
bikinigirl_12, Owner at Bikini Beach Resort Motel, responded to this review, 29 November 2014
Dear, It was awesome

Thank you for your review. We are pleased you were pleased. We hope you will us in mind for your future stays here on Panama City Beach. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

LaGrange, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Our family was there for the week of the fourth. The room was clean, the location was good. I do have a couple of concerns though. There are not enough parking places if the guests who rent scooters are allowed to park next to the motel. They need to park the scooters or their cars in the overflow lot. There was one guy who burned all of the rubber off the tires of his scooter in the parking lot, got off and proceeded to yell at the people camped out on the fourth floor outside their room. These campers were at the top of the stairs in the way of the other guests trying to get to their rooms for four of the days we were there. There must have been 20 people staying in that room, screaming and yelling at all hours of the night and during the day. They also played offensive music loudly day and night. If there had been ample security, the parking, camping, and screaming should have been noticed by management. Since one of the men stared a hole into the females with us we were too intimidated to report this "wild" group's behavior for fear of retaliation. Other than that everything was great. We enjoyed Bikini Dave's and the beach and the fireworks very much.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
bikinigirl_12, Owner at Bikini Beach Resort Motel, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
I completely agree. Being a Small family owned motel we take families ONLY over the 4th of July. We insist that our guest wear armbands so that we can tell who is staying with us and who is not. In our defense, the motel across the street had been shut down by the city and unexpectedly reopened for the weekend thus causing us more people problems because we are located on the water. Next year things will be different. As far as the scooters go, we are hoping the City takes care of them as well. Please don't EVER hesitate to call the front desk with ANY problem. If we don't know about it we cant take care of it.

Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Great place if you are on a budget. Right on the beach, but bathroom could be improved. Our room was over the pool and people were in it all night. They need a cut off time at night at the pool for people that want to get some sleep :)

Room Tip: Rooms over the pool has lots of noise all night long.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Robin5463
Dear OK,

Thank you for your review. We do keep the pool open do the amount of request that we receive over the 4th of July. We enjoyed having you and hope that you will continue to chose us as your home away from home in the future.