“Look beyond the decor”

Cuisines: American, Caribbean
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet
Reviewed 6 September 2009

This restaurant is run by the same business as Captain Jack's. The food is exactly the same.

The decor, however, is much older than Captain Jack's neon-lighted modern theme. And, yes, the music is all 80s all the time--so if you don't like that decade, go elsewhere.

What Bishop's has, however, is a warm inviting atmosphere managed by a fleet of helpful servers. Every time we go to Bishop's--usually with two small children in tow--the servers and staff ensure an enjoyable visit. The servers there are patient and friendly and check in on you often enough that you never have to search for them.

The last time we were there, the waitress took the time to chat with our children. Another server took the time to show another family how to crack crab legs. She took a long time to explain the process and did so without being condescending. And the diners did seem to appreciate the instruction and the crab legs.

I've also been to Bishop's with non-seafood eaters. They found plenty to choose from and pronounced everything to be well prepared. My sense is that the reviewers here who dislike Bishop's are looking for a more stylish atmosphere. If you value updated decor and music this side of the millennia, Captain Jack's or another restaurant is the place for you. I, however, am looking for a laid-back atmosphere, well prepared seafood, a family-friendly staff and no crowds (Bishop's is always considerably less busy than the more modern Captain Jack's--closer to the large resorts). Bishop's always fills the bill perfectly.

There are newer reviews for Bishop's Buffet

Reviewed 21 July 2009

I was very shocked to see the nasty reviews of this restaraunt. I ate breakfast buffet with my fiance and 7 yr old son and we all just loved the food. The place seem to be clean and packed with customers. Yes the building is run down but overall clean. We would definately eat there again.

Reviewed 14 July 2009

We saw the tv commercials and the ads for Bishop's Buffet, so we gave it a try. There were a variety of choices available for the lunch buffet. Unfortunately, the food looked appetizing, but lacked taste. Most of the items we tried did not have enough seasoning or were really bland. I don't like highly seasoned food either. I would suggest you find another buffet to try.

Reviewed 31 May 2009

Needs to be torn down. With all the updated atmosphere in PCB, Bishop's is a nightmare. The food was gross and the atmosphere is like a funeral parlor on the beach.

1  Thank outtatownguy
Reviewed 4 May 2009

I must say that I was a bit afraid to go in this place just from the looks on the outside. I'm not one to visit many Mom and Pop places but we visited here during Thunder Beach and I knew if all the bikers were there it had to be good food. Im also not a big fan of buffets but this one was AWESOME. The seafood was wonderful. I almost made myself sick from eating too many crab claws!