Ambassador - A Family Resort on the Gulf
La Quinta Inn & Suites Panama City Beach(Panama City Beach)(Great Value!)
US$118
Beachcomber By The Sea(Panama City Beach)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$128
Legacy By The Sea(Panama City Beach)(Great Value!)
US$213
US$147
US$169
US$138
Beachside Resort Panama City Beach(Panama City Beach)(Great Value!)
US$150
Lollye On the Beach(Panama City Beach)(Great Value!)
US$157
Travelocity
Bikini Beach Resort(Panama City Beach)(Great Value!)
US$124
  • Pool
Holiday Terrace Motel(Panama City Beach)(Great Value!)
US$132
  • Pool
Ocean Breeze By The Sea(Panama City Beach)
US$179
US$87
Travelocity
Palmetto Inn & Suites(Panama City Beach)(Great Value!)
US$119
Travelocity
All reviewswalking distance to everythingpool and hot tub areahigh risecomfortable bedwould stay againunits
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 March 2011

After reading numerous horrible reviews, I decided I would email Ambassador to see if I could get some pictures of the condos, to put my fears of dirty, roach infested rooms, to rest. The email was extremely polite; no response.

I called the following day and after being informed of the rates, I politely told the employee that I had a few concerns I wanted to address before booking the room. I told him I read some really nasty reviews, and before I could even ask for pictures of the rooms he rudely interrupted and said, "Yeah, yeah you know what, if you want to go ahead and read that stuff and believe those things online, then I don't care you do that . Don't come here. Have a great day (of course said very sarcastically)." Whereupon I was hung up on.
I was being extremely polite, and friendly, and this is the service I got. I didn't even get to finish addressing my point, or request pictures.
Needless to say, I didn't even book a room at Ambassador, rather I saw in a review that the Flamingo is cheaper, and nicer! Not surprisingly, they have MUCH better customer service!
DON'T book Ambassador! Extremely rude employees; and from the pictures I've seen, dirty, outdated, roach infested rooms. Ew. Not even good enough for a college student on spring break!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank lfurtak
Reviewed 11 September 2010

You have a room on the beach with a view, but there are much better choices out there for people on a budget. We wanted this to be a nice girls trip, and figured we wouldn't spend that much time in the hotel, but what time we did spend there was not exactly relaxing. The hotel itself is old and outdated, the walls are thin and smoke easily wafts into the non-smoking rooms. The towels and sheets are thin and scratchy. The furniture is filthy. One night we had to call the police over a domestic dispute upstairs where there was sreaming, cursing and glass breaking. Not a fun experience for 13 and 14 year old girls trying to sleep, or just for a bunch of women in general. The hotel staff was nowhere to be found during this time. We only ended up at this hotel because of a mix-up where a friend was trying to recommend a hotel to us that had nice, spacious, clean rooms on the beach. This was not the place. We will not be making the same mistake again.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2010

The Ambassador is possibly the worst condo I have ever stayed at in my life. Aside from the rusted doors, the doors with no locks, the 12 inch TV's, the hair that litters the bathroom, the rude desk clerks, the chicken wings in the hot tub, the windows so covered in mildew you can't see out of them, the paint peeling from the walls, appliances that don't work, the absence of eating utensils, broken air conditioners, beds that are falling apart, closets with hot water heaters, a dustpan with no broom, a full sized kitchen that can't fit two people, a shower you can't move in, a light fixture with a shattered bulb left in it, and a certain employee named Steve...this place is magnificent. I recommend no one stays here. It is awful. Run as fast as you can away from this poor excuse for a family resort.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank sbuckal1
Reviewed 8 June 2010

I stayed in the Loft right above the office,me and my family a total of 8 of us.The room was not bad it was clean,spacious.The bathroom was big,But they need to update their t.v's. its the tube kind not flat screens.The stairs had carpet,we did not have a balcony,and we stayed with 100 college kids at the time.They wasn't bad no noise complaints on a scale 1-10 on the room im give a 7.the bad thing is that they switched rooms on us,thats how we got the one above the office.We was supposed to have a balcony,but instead the guy switched it and when we talked to the manager and told him he said the guy didn't say we had a balcony.so the manager told us the guy has been their for 15 years and has no reason to lie.so manager wise he needs to step his game up.and to the guy who messed up he needs to man up on his mistakes,like a man.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Jimmy_1986
Reviewed 7 June 2010

The hotel had roaches, smelled of mildew, way out dated, would never go back again. We took one look at the room and got our deposit back, no questions asked.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends