“Very poorly kept..... Not clean and they didn't even seem to care about what you had to say.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Panama City Beach
Ambassador - A Family Resort on the Gulf
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

Very terrible..... Mold growing in the room, holes in the walls and ceilings. Very dirty and so not worth the money. I was there from 5/26/14 to 5/28/14. I wish I could post the photos that I had taken of inside the room.....I'm so worried about bed bugs or someone other kind of fung

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank tjackson1964

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

As a family of four, we decided to rent condo in this establishment, which was a mistake. As soon as we walked through the door my mom and I were hit with a strong smell of urine that went throughout the condo. The pictures of this condo that were sent to us made the place look very roomy, which is it not. When you first open the door the full bed is right there, giving us about a foot and a half to maneuver between the bed and tv (which semi-blocks the door making it unable to fully open, if you look behind the tv you will see the layers of dust and lost trinkets). The kitchen appliances seldom work. The pots and pans that were provided were covered in grease and pieces of food (not even cleaned). The shower/bath was moldy, with clumps of hair clogging the drain. The railing on the balcony was plastic, which would be fine if it did not have a big crack making it susceptible to breaking. Worst of all - the beds and pillows. When I took the pillow cases off I discovered stains of blood and mold on several of the pillows. When you take the comforter off there is random brown stains on the fitted sheets. Under the fitted sheets is a mattress pad which has urine stains on it. Under that is the actual mattress, which has holes (honestly, it looks like holes that were chewed) and urine stains with brown specks on it. Then there is the repairman. The guy came late of his scheduled appointment (in my opinion he shouldn't have been allowed to go if he was late). First of all he knocked then waited not even a second before coming in (I had the room with the door and I wasn't dressed! I ran into the bathroom to finish dressing). He ended up staying about two hours, considering the place was already cramped with four people, he made it worse with the running in and out. He was replacing the tv's and putting new wall mounts on. The room in which the mounted tv was in ended up being covered in dry wall dust from the drilling. Did not help that he had plumbers bottom and used our fridge for his soda and forgot it there. When we contacted the owner he set us up in a different hotel (which I will be doing a review on also [Paradise Palms, Panama Beach, FLA]) which he was paying for one night. We were contacted the next day saying the issues have been resolved. We were suspicious whether the problems have really been resolved, so we left our stuff at the replacement hotel to look at the Ambassador. When we got to the Ambassador, the problems were anything but fixed. We found the blood & urine stained pillows in the bag that the new ones came in (Walmart brand, I know because the night we were sent to the other places a big box came in and was laid on the bed with a big "Walmart" sticker on it containing the pillows, very inconvenient) which by the way the bags were clear, unsealed and pillows didn't fit all the way in. The pillows were found in a trash can (not even in, they were laid on top, instead of pushed in the can) in front of the air conditioning vent that put cool air into my room. When we went inside there was a mattress - in it's original, un-opened, and brand new state - in the middle of the room blocking the provided closet (which contained a dirty mop,broom,bucket,ironing board, iron and blankets on the shelf on top, and 3 plastic hangers labeled "L"), blocking the small path to the bathroom making me climb over the bed to access the bathroom. Neither my bed or the other bed were replaced. The pillows seemed new. The urine smell was still there, the bathroom was still moldy, basically nothing had changed. We were refunded the first night when since we had to stay somewhere else, but when we ended up staying at the place he put us in (since it was way better), we were provided no refund. The maids were also terrible at the Ambassador. The view and location is spectacular, but not worth the health risk. The air conditioner had dust in the vents and something black ( I do not even want to know) between the wall and conditioner. The dry wall dust was also still there. I will never be going back there again. We ended up staying in the place that was supposed to be our temporary residence. Also, if you wake up easily, you will not be able to sleep with all the karaoke (very very loud, and horrible sounding) across the street.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank RachelAleK

Travellers are raving about these Panama City Beach hotels

Belfast, Maine
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

We booked this privately owned condo through VRBO (Unit 128) before we discovered it was the Ambassador. After finding some of the negative reviews we knew it was not up to our usual standard, but the price and proximity to the beach were tempting and we had already paid our deposit and could not get it back.
On arrival after dark, my husband and I both nearly fell off the step near the entrance as there was no light. We both wrenched our backs in the process. When we finally got inside, we were hit by the stale, moldy odor and the enormous VTG TV and broken down bed just inside the entrance. The bedspread on the bed in the beach side bedroom was dirty and dragged on the floor. It was clear that no one had cleaned under the bed for some time as we found a beer bottle and other debris beneath. Dishes had food still stuck on them and we had to scrub everything we used. Cooking pots/pans were mostly horribly scratched, old Teflon with a layer of black, caked on grease on the outsides. We had to buy new pieces to cook in as well as cleaning supplies and face cloths. Neither of the television sets in the condo worked which we discovered when we contacted the owner to alert him about our arrival as agreed. He said he would rectify the lack of television and two days later texted us to ask if we could fit a 55 inch television in our rental car. (???!!) After several messages back and forth with him regarding our expectation of a television, he said he would have "maintenance" bring in a new TV nearly a week after we arrived.
There is overall shoddy maintenance of the building and both smoke detectors in the unit had been removed. The overstuffed couch was thoroughly disgusting and had clearly been heavily "partied on" by many young folks and was not useable for seating.
We have stayed on the coast of Florida for many years and though some had issues, they were all far better than this seedy place. (Beware of Shuckey's, the Karaoke bar directly across the street, where the patrons scream their songs on the front porch,,directly at the condo entrance, till 4 a.m.) The owner of this condo is clearly being stiffed by the cleaning and maintenance crews. The few upgrades, new toilet and sink in the bathroom, do not make up for the negatives...which are many.
Keep looking, there is plenty of competition.

Room Tip: Check Trip Advisor before you book!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank BennettsGems
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The staff was nice. It is not the fanciest place so if you are looking for something like that keep looking. Everything was clean and worked properly. Not the most up to date of everything, but again it all worked. We really enjoyed that this is a smaller place and you did not have to park across the street, or deal with 200 other people being behind your hotel on the beach. We made good use of the grills, and picnic tables, and loved that you were within walking distance of Pier Park, and many other shops. Like I said before if you enjoy the new high rise, overpriced places to stay in PC then this is not for you. If you want to enjoy the old style of PC to relax, be close to the beach, not have to fight a crowd, not have to park a mile away from your room, and not break the bank, you will love this place.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Carrie S
Alexandria, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

I read some of the reviews before I went there. I wasn't sure if it was a good decision or not. The two most important things to me are cleanliness and a comfortable bed. It turned out well. It is an affordable place to stay and in a convenient location. If you are one of the picky people who expect room service and perfect paint it is not for you. The building is old and could use some paint. That is not a problem for me. I had a great time. The only thing that was a little annoying was the loud music from shuckems across the street. Next time I will request a room behind the office. I would definitely return.

• Stayed August 2013
7 Thank exterminate98
Detroit, Alabama, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed here last year and had a pretty good experience. Stayed in the very same room this year and was very displeased! The shower had not been cleaned there were "hairs" everywhere. There was severe water damage to the walls towards the patio, pots had holes in the bottom, microwave & coffee pot didn't work. The floors were so dirty we couldn't walk barefoot bc it turned our feet black. Heard a rat moving around at night. We won't be back again!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Kayla S
Albertslund, Denmark
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2013

We stayed at the Ambassador in april 2013
At first look, the room looked ok - a little dirty here and there, but ok for the price. But at the time we wanted to go to bed, we discovered, that the sheets were dirty. It looked like someone else had been sleeping and doing other things I will not mention here... We went for clean sheets, but the reception had already closed... It was so disgusting! We ended up sleeping with our clothes on, on top of our beachtowels. We have tried some nasty hotels and motels, but we will never ever go back to this place!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple