“Splash was wonderful!”

Splash Resort Condominiums Panama City Beach
Reviewed 10 August 2008

After reading the reviews, like so many others, i was scared to stay here after I had already booked our reservation. With a good attitude we went anyway. I had asked if possible with a corner room, as high up as possible, two queen beds, and some other requests, I really wondered if I was going to be so lucky. Upon arrival the staff was excellent! Great customer service and very friendly and helpful. We went to our room and was so shocked! We had received everything we requested and was blown away! The scene was beautiful, rooms were great, and could not have asked for anything better! The elevators were not a problem at all! The longest we had to wait was maybe two minutes max. On the day of checkout we did have to wait a little longer but that was to be expected with everyone else that was leaving as well. We will stay again and highly recommend Splash to everyone!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Write a ReviewReviews (1,113)

Reviewed 9 August 2008

My family and I stayed at Splash from July 12 thru the 19th. We knew when we reserved that it would be a very KID freindly place, but when we arrived and discovered that a World Series Tournament for softball was being played that very week, we realized that we were at the wrong place. Check in is across the street with the parking deck. No big deal, but check in was frantic. There were no carts anywhere. We waited and waited. Finally when we get a cart we wait equally as long at the elevators to get to our room. ONE elevator in the west tower and ONE elevator in the east tower. We get to our room and it was like a breath of fresh air. It was beautiful. The owners had it decorated so well, and equipped with all you would need. So suddenly everything wasn't so bad. After unpacking, we decided that a trip to the grocery store would be necessary so we return to the elevators. We waited around 30 minutes for an elevator that wasn't sooo packed that we could fit. When we reached the 2nd floor, which is the floor to the walkover to the parking deck, we discovered that although we had thought we had problems getting to our room, the people checking in after us were really having problems. There were people from the elevator all the way down the hall and wrapped around the corner onto the crosswalk. Everyone looked totally miserable. With shopping done and now back in our room we discovered that our teleplone did not work. That was not such a big deal because we have cells BUT you would EXPECT them to work considering the amount of money spent to stay there.
We go to the beach the next day because all the pools were packed. NO chairs in site. I guess that is to be expected but when a resort has 5 locations for swimming you would think that they would invest in the proper amount of lounge furniture. By the way, there are 5 locations to swim. There is of course the Spalsh Pad, perfect for small children, plenty of fun slides and such, BUT NO SUN! Next another pool, again NO SUN, a hot tub, another pool PART SUN PART SHADE. Another pool/lazy river (whatever!) SHADED. And finally a toddler/baby pool that is in the FULL SUN. Talk about getting things backwards! And we still don't know where this "Dive In Theater" is!
My son loved the gameroom, but let's face it, NO ONE goes on vaction to play in a gameroom. There is a bar and grill. I never ate from the grill, but I saw many people partaking and heard no insults towards the foof. The bar however served nothing but strawberry daiquiries, pina coladas, and margiritas. NO mixed drinks, NO beer. AND the bar is only open from 11am until 5pm. We didn't however have any trouble with having a cooler with us on the one day we got chairs at the pool that is partly in the sun.
I can't complain about cleanliness, or staff. Although it is a condominium there are NO you pay ice machines on each floor and my mother was not so politely told that she could use the ice from our refrigerator freezer or walk across to Alvins for ice.
Best advice I can give is........ if you plan to swim and SUN at a pool..... forget it. If you plan to go to the beach everyday...you'll be fine. If you think getting to your room will be no trouble during checkin in JULY...think again. If you want a nice room....can't speak for the others but ours was very nice. If you want to watch a movie from a pool....good luck finding it! OVERALL.......I'll never go back!

Reviewed 6 August 2008

I was reluctant to keep my reservation here after reading the previous reviews. But, friends of mine had visited here and given me a better personal review. We visited the week of July 22nd with our children ages 8, 9, 11. They LOVED it and are already asking to go back. There is an issue with the elevators, but i expected longer waits since this is peak beach vacation season. There was plenty to do between the beach, the lazy river, the kiddie waterpark area, the kiddie pool, the aracade and the mini bowling alley. (there was also dvd's to rent for free). our room was awesome and the balcony was larger than we expected. i would recommend this property to anyone with kids. there are nice restaurants and grocery stores within a 10-15 min. drive. i felt the photos on-line were accurate and thoroughly enjoyed it here!! will definitely return next summer!!!

Reviewed 5 August 2008

Our family spent the week of July 19th at Splash 402W. The condo was beautiful, very well-appointed with a great location. The view of the beach was fabulous! We were a little nervous after reading the previous reviews but came to find out that the problems had really been exaggerated. While there were delays for the elevator, they were not bad at all. Check-in time was a little hectic but you should expect that at any family resort in July.

The pools were a big hit with the kids with plenty of options to keep them from getting bored. Chairs were limited but again, what do you expect in Florida in July. The beach was such a short jaunt from the resort, it was no problem to set up camp there and then go up to the pool. The beach is very clean at this location with water sports available right at the resort.

Having an Alvins Island on-site was a huge bonus. My kids loved running over for ice-cream in the evenings and the small grocery was a lifesaver when in a pinch.

Don't let the reviews scare you, Splash is a really nice resort in a great Panama Beach location!

Reviewed 3 August 2008

After reading all the reviews here I was SCARED to death that I was taking my family to a vacation that was going to be the worst ever. I even thought of changing our reservations, but was glad I didn't. We had a GREAT time!

Covered parking for your vehicle was nice, and even though it was across the street from the towers, you can notice that many of the newer, bigger resorts are doing this as well...parking and lobby/check-in across the street with a walkway overhead. NOT a big deal at all.

Check in desk staff were nice and courteous. Told us everything we needed to know about the property. We even got there before 3pm and our room was ready to go and we were allowed to go ahead and check in an hour early. We had no problem finding a cart to load all our stuff. TIP: for all those looking for a cart....they store most of them on the 2nd floor of the parking garage in a corral. They also keep some behind the counter. Ask the staff, they were finding carts and helping many people to their rooms. However, we found a cart easily and did it ourselves.

The elevator situation on that Saturday wasn't the best. Each family checking in for a week at a time with two carts full of stuff made the wait a little long since only one family could get on at a time. I would say we waited 20 minutes that day. After that, we never waited more than 2-3 minutes, and that was only on occasion. Most of the time, you pushed the button and the door opened 30 seconds later.

The room was awesome! We had the "Wave" floor plan and I was afraid it was going to be too small for our party. 3 adults and 2 kids, with 2 adult visitors for 2 nights. There was PLENTY of room for us all and it was VERY nicely decorated. We loved it and didn't want to leave!!!

The kids absolutely loved the pool areas. The Splash pad was a hit and the cool water was a respite from the July heat. When that got too chilly we jumped into one of the heated pools, the lazy river or headed out to the beach. The lazy river was a bit smaller than I thought it would be and since it was so popular, it tended to get crowded. However, it didn't scare my kids away. They loved it. We weren't "camping out" at the pools so I didn't face any "getting a chair" issues, but there were several times when I wanted a rest and plopped down in an empty chair without any fusses or fights.

The beach was great, too. There was some trash on the beach by the end of the day but it wasn't bad enough to ruin my vacation. I took the time each day to pick up around our chair to make sure I wasn't contributing. If you want a pristine beach, you probably shouldn't come to such a populated area anyway. We rented two chairs and an umbrella there in front of the east tower to make sure we had a spot secure, and that was perfect, albeit a tad pricey. Many people brought their own and were probably just as happy. The water was SO warm and I never remembered being in the Gulf when it was as clear as it was the first Monday we were there. Amazingly beautiful. We could swim far out and still be only at our knees because of the sand bar. And we found tons of beautiful shells. TIP: head out past the east tower away from SPLASH and you'll find some great shelling areas. SPLASH peeps tend to clear out the beach pretty quick right there between the towers. The last two days we were there, they were flying the double red flag which meant NO SWIMMING in the ocean. There were even a couple of drowning deaths in the area due to rough surf. So, that was kind of a bummer, but we still enjoyed the beach, shelling and the pools.

Overall, we really enjoyed SPLASH. If you have kids ages 2-10, they will love it too. If you don't have kids, don't like kids or don't have a high tolerance for families with kids...DO NOT GO. If you have kids and aren't a prince or princess looking for a budget CLUB MED, this should be great for you.

Reviewed 2 August 2008

This was a FABULOUS place for anyone with little ones. There was plenty to do with our 4 and 1 year-olds. We could get ice cream, go swimming, visit the beach, bowl, go to the arcade or just walk around, so that Daddy could have some greatly deserved down time on the beautiful balcony. We are going back again!

Reviewed 1 August 2008

I have to say a couple of weeks before we left to go on Vacation, I started reading reviews of Splash on this site. Over 90% of them were negative, so naturally I was getting worried about staying here. Our family had a blast. It was Me, my wife, my mom, my 17yr old, 3 yr old and 1yrd old. It was the best Vacation we had in years. The water park are for the kids was awesome, the kiddy area was perfect, the lazy river was relaxing. The room we had was perfect with plenty of room for all of us. The customer service was great.

Most complaints on here were waiting for elevators. I only had to wait for an elevator one time. People complained that there were not enough Luggage carts. I had to wait on one when I was checking out, that was it. Others complained that the water in the covered areas was cold. Thank God it was, cause it was 90 freaking degrees out..Some complained about parking across the street and that the area walking over to the Condo was hot and smelly. Parking was no problem, and I never noticed the walk over being hot or smelly.

So, from one families point of view, we loved it and will be back at Splash next year.