“Pleased”

Splash! in Panama City Beach
Selma, Alabama
“Pleased”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We just returned from our stay at Splash Resort.

Let me start off by saying that the reviews I read before our stay at Splash had me on the brink of a panic attack. I was so afraid our entire vacation would be ruined by slow elevators, dirty rooms and pools, creepy, rude staff, and broken applpainces.

Boy, was I surprised!! Our room 701W was way beyond what I expected. The room was completely tile except for one room where I did notice a few stains. Other that the room was AWESOME!! Not a single problem with the fridge or AC. Everything was pretty clean.

The pools area was alittle overcrowded during the day but we would pretty much have the pool to ourselves after dark. The kids loved the music playing in the pool area and the changing lights in the pool! It was their favorite time to go. We didn't use the covered pool because it was much too cold.

The staff seemed excellent although we had very little interaction with them due to not having any problems to report. Of course there is always room for improvement, but the resort is geared towards families with young children. I imagine its hard to keep the place spotless. I was very comfortable staying here and didn't spend the whole trip worried the kids would spill something on someones expensive white couch.

Check in and check out were surprisingly quick. The bands that you are required to wear weren't as big as problem as I expected due to the fact only 12 and older have to wear them. So no need to worry about paying $5 for a band because my 7yo lost it.

The elevators did get backed up a couple of times but it never seemed to be too terribly bad. We just tried to arrange our schedules to miss the peak hours. We head out to the beach a bit earlier and head back up to the room a bit earlier for lunch. In the afternoon, we limited our "beach gear" and took the stairs.

Only one time did I notice the area by the garbage chute crowded with boxes and it was gone by the time we returned from eating out.

Overall we had a wonderful experience and my kids are already asking to visit again next year.

* We booked through Sterling Resorts

2 Thank 3XMOM2014

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Just returned from a weekend staying at the splash resort. It's a kid friendly hotel and really wasn't so bad but there are lots of areas of improvement that can be made.

Pro's first
A) 2 bedroom condo was spacious and really comfortable. My daughter had a kid friendly space that had twin beds and her own kid friendly bathroom. She loved it.
B) The kitchen was a full kitchen and it had everything you would need to cook.
C) Plenty of papertowels and toliet paper was supplied for the 3 night stay.
D) The pools where good for kids and my 4 year old spent a lot of time in in them.
E) The staff was overall friendly. I saw cleaning people all the time trying to keep up all the messes that could happen.

Cons
A) The AC was not working at it's full potential. It was 78-80 in the room the entire time. It was a REALLY hot weekend in PCB.
B) The fridge in the unit was DEAD upon arrival. The front desk knew this at check in but did not tell us until we inquired about it. This wasn't going to fly. I needed a working fridge. They did send me up a working mini fridge and I appreciate that. They did also had a repair man come to the unit to look at it but he said it would require parts and no way it would be fixed during our stay. No follow up from management but the mini one worked I guess.
C) The carpets was DIRTY. Like if you walked around barefoot it would leave your feet black. It was gross.
D) The pools where small and where packed to the max. The water was cloudy and I was scared to get in them. It was okay for kids I guess. Not ADULT friendly.
E) Lobby area needs some updating and painting.

The elevator issue everyone mentions did not bother me. It was only bad a few times. It felt like a hike getting to and from the car. I think this is why I was never a fan of resorts.
I rented through Expedia and I think this is the my own error. I should have used vrbo and got privately owned one.

If I could give 3.5 stars I would. The place wasn't terrible but it was not spectacular either.

1 Thank MrsSandro
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 26 May 2014

The overall layout and the design of the property is awesome! Splash has great potential but is maintained poorly. The property is overall dirty. The walkways are dirty with garbage people leave outside their door. The pools are cloud and dirty. There was mold growing in multiple areas. The caulk around the pool is slimy and washing away. I kept wanting to bleach the whole area!! It was not somewhere I wanted to walk barefoot. The pool area was a complete mess! Next the Elevators--- every other review that mentions the elevators is correct. There are 2 elevators, 1 of them broke twice during our 3 day stay. A lady was stuck in one for an hour. We always had a 5-10 minute wait for an elevator. The elevator floor was also very
dirty.
Last the reviews about Air conditioner are correct as well. Our unit stopped working twice. We turned it off for a while and it started working again. There were consistently people at the check in desk complaining about their air not working.
So overall would we stay here again?! That's a negative. It's a shame too because the resort could be great with a little attention!

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank Heather37415
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

Bradley and Dusty with Splash beach services provided the best customer service all week. They adjusted our umbrellas multiple times a day and just went above and beyond with everyone on the beach. We saw them run to help carry heavy loads up and down the stairs. We enjoyed them greeting us and interacting with us each day... they helped make our stay at the beach enjoyable and memorable. We wish them the best!

Our stay at Splash 501e was great. We booked with itrip.net and Lori and staff were awesome to work with. We had an issue arise with AC and Lori was on phone and email with us Saturday night and Sunday getting it repaired. She was very responsive and accommodating.

We would definitely return. We've had a great time!

• Stayed May 2014
Chandler, Texas
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We went up and down the beach and this has the best blue water. Great location and had a resort feel to it. Condo was really nice. Go to Andrews St Andrews park at night to the jettys. There is a huge bay you can walk out into and see amazing creatures. You will need a flashlight to shine down into the water. It was the best part of our trip. DO NOT FEED THE DEER!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Cristi D
Fort Payne, Alabama
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We had a great time at the beach. The guys on the beach were very friendly and helpful if you had something heavy to carry they would help you to the steps. The waterslide in the hotel was very cold all day long. The room we stayed in was very clean. They was working on the pool but did it at a good time where you could still use it that same day. Overall we had a great experence.

Mentone, Alabama
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We went to Panama City for vacation several years ago. My son was 7 at the time, he just turned nine the last of April. We loved this place! I always knew of Panama City's reputation as a Spring Break party town, so I was a bit apprehensive to say the least about going there. I'm so glad we did! The resort is beautifully decorated and the indoor water park was a blast. The only trouble besides waiting for an elevator in the afternoon, was keeping him on the beach. He wanted to go to the waterpark constantly. He wanted to get hit with the water from the big bucket! When it would dump it, he would run. He still remembers this vacation and asks when he can go back to Splash and see the pirates. (We went and ate at the pirate restaurant while in town.) I would give this resort two thumbs up for families! Be advised though, if you don't have children, and don't want to be bothered with them on vacation, this is not the place for you!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family