We just returned from our stay at Splash Resort.
Let me start off by saying that the reviews I read before our stay at Splash had me on the brink of a panic attack. I was so afraid our entire vacation would be ruined by slow elevators, dirty rooms and pools, creepy, rude staff, and broken applpainces.
Boy, was I surprised!! Our room 701W was way beyond what I expected. The room was completely tile except for one room where I did notice a few stains. Other that the room was AWESOME!! Not a single problem with the fridge or AC. Everything was pretty clean.
The pools area was alittle overcrowded during the day but we would pretty much have the pool to ourselves after dark. The kids loved the music playing in the pool area and the changing lights in the pool! It was their favorite time to go. We didn't use the covered pool because it was much too cold.
The staff seemed excellent although we had very little interaction with them due to not having any problems to report. Of course there is always room for improvement, but the resort is geared towards families with young children. I imagine its hard to keep the place spotless. I was very comfortable staying here and didn't spend the whole trip worried the kids would spill something on someones expensive white couch.
Check in and check out were surprisingly quick. The bands that you are required to wear weren't as big as problem as I expected due to the fact only 12 and older have to wear them. So no need to worry about paying $5 for a band because my 7yo lost it.
The elevators did get backed up a couple of times but it never seemed to be too terribly bad. We just tried to arrange our schedules to miss the peak hours. We head out to the beach a bit earlier and head back up to the room a bit earlier for lunch. In the afternoon, we limited our "beach gear" and took the stairs.
Only one time did I notice the area by the garbage chute crowded with boxes and it was gone by the time we returned from eating out.
Overall we had a wonderful experience and my kids are already asking to visit again next year.
* We booked through Sterling Resorts
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beachfront condominium waterpark resort. Family oriented and no smoking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Splash! in Panama City Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sterling Splash Hotel Panama City Beach
- Splash Resort Panama City Beach
- Splash! In Panama City Beach Florida