“Amazing staff and resort!!!!”

Pineapple Beach Villas
Atlanta, Georgia
“Amazing staff and resort!!!!”
Reviewed 9 April 2013

We cannot say enough good stuff about this resort! We held our wedding at Pineapple Villas and couldn't have picked a better place! Todd, Kayla (both of them lol) and the rest of the staff were simply amazing! We reserved the majority of the rooms and received a great rate in addition to use of the other amenities that they have to offer. They were sooooo helpful and accommodating! We will not stay anywhere else when we travel to the Panama City Beach area. We were fortunate to find them because our wedding was during the Spring Break season. While other places were charging "Spring Break Deposits" ($600+), we found that they did not. Furthermore it's perfectly located far enough west of PCB (about 5 miles) that we didn't have to deal with the "Spring Break" crowd, but were still close enough to partake in that scene if we chose to. Bottom line is, if you want a very comfortable, relaxing place to spend some time on the beach with the party scene nearby, this is the place for you. Even if you don't want the party scene, it's far enough away that you won't even know it's there. Thank you again Todd, Kayla(s) and crew! We sincerely love your resort!

Room Tip: Pick one that fits your group size. There isn't a bad room here. All are unique in decor and ver...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jay N

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Antioch, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 14 February 2013

My husban, daughter and our dog Samson have stayed here every summer for 5 years and we don't plan on changing our agenda! The people are warm and friendly. We always have the same condo and it is alway beautiful and clean. We have even made friends that are returning the same time with us this year! This place is a blessing, safe, clean, friendly and PET FRIENDLY.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Janet799
Fort Myers Beach, Florida
Reviewed 11 February 2013

We had done some searching for a new place to stay near Panama City Beach. In recent trips to the area we noticed this "Pet Friendly" Resort on Laguna Beach. So when we were lucky enough to find an opening here for the month of January, we were so happy!! I had read some posts from previous stays and was not convinced I had made the right choice....Boy, Was I happy to be pleasantly surprised. We stayed in Villa #12 and it was amazing. The view was to die for...the beautiful Gulf from every window. The inside of this Villa was nicely decorated with new furniture, and a comfy king size bed. We really enjoyed having the option to grill out , when we weren't enjoying fresh Oysters at Dusty's. (Just down the road!!)
Afternoons were often spent at the pool and Jacuzzi followed by a walk on the beach. We took in some of the most amazing sunsets from our balcony...Need I say more!!!!
This is the perfect place to have an excellent vacation! God willing, we will be back to stay again next winter!!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Debra S
Grantville, Georgia
Reviewed 31 January 2013

We stayed there years ago & loved it, we were able to bring our Dogter with us. Everyone was nice & friendly, rooms were very clean & nicely decorated, heated pool, hot tub & it's right on the beach. Even our little Dogter loved laying on the back of the sofa looking out the window at the beach. We just made reservations to stay there next week for a few days

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Lyarrows
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Reviewed 5 January 2013

Although the location is fabulous, the beds comfortable, the views excellent, and the pool warm and inviting, the rest leaves a lot to be desired.
The sofas and chairs are in awful condition as we found out that this was the main complaint of visitors sitting by the pool.
Some of them should be thrown out. The owners use bed sofas, and they are second hand from hotel cast offs which was suspected.
The kitchens are well equipped and the office is very happy to accommodate any needs for suplies. We were quite happy with that as we needed a large bowl for salads.
The grounds are in excellent condition thanks to the ever friendly maintenace guy and the cleaning staff is so helpful.
I think that there is need for carpet cleaning in some of the units as the ones we looked at were in need.
We love it here, but would say that if you are looking for more comforts then move on to something different. The decor at first is so Old Florida that we didn't look beyond that. But sitting at night was a huge problem as we sank into the seats.
Pets are treated like royalty. Just so you know. There is a large amoung of dogs here so you are warned.

Room Tip: Sit on the furniture befor paying.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank bvilover77
Ooltewah
Reviewed 3 January 2013

Have stayed here MANY times in the past. But sadly, this place has gone down hill fast. Three years ago I politely told them in a private email that they needed new mattresses. Well, they still haven't done that. Spent a week there on a mattress so old, that I MYSELF felt 100 years old every morning when getting up! And I LOVE animals, and always bring my pet, but seriously, the dogs have taken over. They bark loudly, all the time. No peace. And the living room furniture? Oh my goodness. Worn to the point that it LOOKS filthy, even though it wasn't dirty. The material is just literally worn away ! It is truly shameful that they would leave it like that for a guest. I'm sure I could have found something better, even at the Salvation Army! The front door gap was so big that there was a constant cold breeze in the living room. We could not keep that room warm! The blinds had no turning stick. You had to open each individual slat each morning. The villa was VERY clean, but everything is so old, it detracts from you appreciating the cleanness. And people sitting around the pool need to respect that others might be resting, as even upstairs, you could hear every conversation at the pool, word for word! I like pet friendly places, and there are very few of them on the beach. But it breaks my heart that whatever management has this place now, they don't seem to care about keeping things ( like FURNITURE & MATTRESSES) up to date enough to be even remotely nice. When it's time to upgrade, sometimes you just have to give up a bit of profit, and DO IT ! We will not likely return, & it is so sad, because we have gone there for years. I am glad we paid winter rates, because had I paid the summer rate, I would have felt severely ripped off!

Room Tip: There is a big difference between "nostalgic old", and "worn out old". Keep that...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
7 Thank treerats
Greenwood, IN
Reviewed 10 December 2012

We stayed at the Villas for a wedding that was down the beach. It was convenient. That is the best thing I could say. We were there for two nights and when I checked out, out of nowhere they tacked on a $40 cleaning charge. I asked why the bill was more than the stated prices and I was told there was a $20 cleaning fee for each night. There was no cleaning on the first night. I have asked repeatedly for a copy of my bill but to no avail. Also, tried to open the blinds and they feel off the window. I could clearly see that the brackets were rusted. I about broke my arm. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple