“Relaxing” 4 of 5 bubbles

Pineapple Beach Villas
LaFayette, Georgia
“Relaxing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

If you're looking for ultra-modern, hi-tech rentals with more amenities that the stars in the heavens, then by all means, move on. If, however, you're looking for someplace pet friendly, clean and quiet, where you're left to yourself so nothing interferes with your rest, then look no further. A two bedroom with a 1.5 bath was sufficient, very clean, had absolutely no trace of pet odor or fur, contained a fridge, microwave, dishwasher, large flat screen in LR and another not-so-large in master bedroom. Outside our villa was the hot-tub and a nice ocean view. During parts of the day, a small speaker mounted behind some palms provided relaxing music from the 50's and 60's. It wasn't overly loud but set at a nice volume level and was turned off before late hours. The landscaping was very nice with palms, tropical flowers, and a bordered walkway. The pool and hot-tub were very clean and I saw grounds keepers working and walking the place every day I was there. No pet poo found anywhere.

Pros-Quiet, Clean, Small Crowds (if any), Views
Cons-WiFi was troublesome, location is far end of Panama Beach and away from most popular dining and shops, but with those come traffic and there was practically none here.

Nutshell-My stress melted in the the first ten minutes after arriving and stayed away. You want tranquility, relaxation, and ocean breezes on your face with little to no interruptions? This is the place. If you're looking for the commercial area, big crowds, and enough neighbors to remind you of the big city you just left, Pineapple Villas is NOT for you.

Room Tip: Our room was on the bottom level and opened out to the courtyard containing the hot-tub and some nic...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

I wanted to express my total dis-satisfaction with our recent stay at the Pineapple Beach Villas. We called and booked a room (2 bedroom 1 bath) and got quoted a price with a conformation number. We paid half at the time and also had conformation of the remaining balance. However when we got there we were informed that we were being charged an extra $157 more than originally quoted on. Their excuse was unsatisfactory being that we were put into a 2 bed 2 bath room. Even when we said that it was not the room we wanted, that we had not booked for that and wanted what we originally booked for the price we booked it for. This was apparently not possible. SO not being able to get into another place and being kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place we reluctantly payed and stayed. This obviously cut into our vacation budget and ruined a lot of activities we wanted to do but now couldnt afford it. PLUS on top of all that the room was full of dust on the fans, the carpets were disgraceful and the door would hardly open or close all the way.

I am extremely un-happy with our stay and would NEVER stay again.

Room Tip: Save your money for somewhere else along the strip.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Terry B
Todd W, General Manager at Pineapple Beach Villas, responded to this review, 21 May 2016
Terry, I am terribly sorry for that experience. That should not have happened. The billing issue should have been looked at by me personally if there was an issue that you were not satisfied with after discussing it with the front desk. That is not how we treat our customers and I hope you can see that by many of our great reviews. As for the condition of the room that should also not have happened. We have done many renovations to the rooms since you were last with us and new staff focused on customer service and cleanliness of each unit . If you have the original receipt with this discrepancy (hopefully in your email) please contact me to correct this. If not please contact me anyway and I will do my best to accommodate you by other means. Thank you so much for your feed back and review
Safe Travels
Todd
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013

I work for a platinum 5-star property in the Windy city for over a decade and I offer 5-star customer service to my guest and expect the same when I am vacationing. Nothing less. All my children have paws and we can't leave home without them. The staff of Pineapple Villa treats our kids as family and with lots of love.This is our second visit to Pineapple Villa and we are happy to report that this quaint property is progressive. The level of warmth, respect and service we received were consistent. Kayla Marie and Todd are vital to this encomium. They come to work everyday with upbeat spirits and it shows on their smiles and greetings that they are genuine and love to service their guests. Todd is the GM and he tests the water of the pool every morning. Hands on management that is visible. This place is not new but it is clean and well maintained. This is not the Four Seasons or the Peninsula. If you expect such level of accommodation, I suggest you stay in Destin, FL. The negative feedback posted on this site are from people with different levels of expectations or does not read what is offered on their website. I did my diligent research online, I called and asked questions and I was prepared when we came. I brought whatever I would need for kitchen stuff and even extra towels of our own. This place offers comfort, great value, a private beach, southern hospitality and lots of pleasant characteristics you will not find elsewhere. Give it a try and you will be very happy you did!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
10 Thank JimChicagoTraveller
Saint Petersburg, Florida, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

Stayed here this weekend with friends, we had a total of 3 rooms, only complaint on the rooms is not very well supplied with kitchen utensils & pots, actually had to borrow one from another guest. We experienced ALOT of rain, and there were some flooding in the issues in the rooms, water coming in over the doorways, the little walkway to the pool had ankle high water and one of our friends slipped and fell. It does say kid & pet friendly, I think the dogs behaved better than the kids!! Constantly NO SUPERVISION of these kids, running around, unattended, children under 12 not allowed at pool unless supervised...the last thing I wanted while on vacation was to listen to these little heathen's yelling and screaming, running around and bumping into guests, bringing buckets of sand up from the beach and just leaving them anywhere, oh yes... and lets not forget about the our pool rafts being ripped off by some of the guests....thank you funny blonde girl for helping us out on that!! Our room was nice, but we froze our butts off because we had no thermostat in our room, go to find out, thank God we knew who was staying below us because their thermostat controlled our room. ??????? Had to go to front office for towels, I thought there should have been daily maid service, our room was not cleaned and no linens were offered the entire trip, After checking out we find out then that the owner would have given us the attached kitchen for free instead of being told it would be an extra 50.00 a night for the kitchen!! REALLY?? Other than the view, this place needs some major changes, better customer service, and some general maintenance. For the money that is spent, I would have expected more.

Room Tip: Make sure its a time when all the kids are in school!!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Giana324
Albion
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

I really dont know what people who give this place a bad review are expecting. Before we left for our vacation I read some of the reviews posted here and they scared me to death! All fears were for naught as soon as we checked in and got to our villa. Nice ,quiet,relaxing place where we enjoyed a wonderful vacation. Clean rooms, uncrowded pool,friendly staff- I just dont know what else you could ask for. Beds and furniture was comfortable so no issues there. If you want a luxury apartment or1000`s of people milling around you better head somewhere else as for me when I return to PCB, I`ll be calling Pineapple Villas

Room Tip: Loved the gulf Front villa. Small balcony from which you could enjoy a perfect view of the beach and...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jeffrey H
Williamsburg, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2013

If you're looking for a private beach, away from the hustle and bustle of Panama City Beach, this is the place! Private villas, with good size rooms, provide an excellent retreat. The people who work here will do anything to make sure you are comfortable. We had a wonderful relaxing time even though the weather did not cooperate. The rooms are a little outdated, but the beds are comfortable.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cheryle B
Tulsa, Oklahoma
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2013

Many people don't read the entire review, but I would encourage it in this case. If you have low expectations of comfort and lack of amenities and your only goal is to stay on the beach this is the place for you. My sister was getting married and left to me to find a place. After many days and lots of hours and frustration trying to pick the destination I thought of Pineapple Beach Villas as we had stayed here many years ago with children. The only 2 things this place has going for it are; it is on the Beach and it is inexpensive for families. Our party booked 9 villas for vacation and the wedding. One couple was given a free upgrade to a 3 bedroom, 3 bath because the unit they had rented was closed for construction. We, however, were woken up every morning at 7:45 by workers rebuilding a balcony on one of the bedrooms in our unit (we were in a 2 bedroom). A maintenance man entered our unit (thankfully when someone was there) to work on a lock. One of our 'roommates' went to the office to tell them this after our second day. They did nothing to stop it. There was a family with 11 (yes eleven) children staying there and while they were pretty well behaved the mother was louder than they were. They used the hot tub frequently and did what kids do so they had to keep draining it as the PH couldn't be balanced meaning that no adults wanted to use it. The beds were extremely uncomfortable and the kitchen was not well stocked as far as utensils. I would have expected them to at least have a pair of kitchen scissors and salt and pepper. It is cheap enough to replace if they are worried about liability. The bath tub didn't drain so that you were standing in ankle deep water by the time you were finished with the shower (eeewwww). They didn't provide dishwashing detergent but expect you to leave the dishes clean and the frig cleaned out. With a 10 am check out that made it very difficult and rushed. When I went to check out the office girl was on the phone to the manager and he wanted to speak to me about these issues. After speaking with him for almost 30 minutes I determined that he does not have a good grasp on customer relations and handed the phone back. At one point they wanted to talk again and finally said they would give a reduction on the last night in the 2 bedroom. I was so tired of arguing with him (it wasn't even me that complained but our roommate) I told him to do whatever made him feel better about the situation. I personally would not recommend this to friends and family (I might to people I don't like) and as someone who has stayed here 4 or 5 times over the years I will not be back. Granted it is cheap off season but not so during the season and you can find better accommodations for the price.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends