“LOVE!!!”

Shores of Panama Resort
Reviewed 1 October 2013

My husband and I stayed here when we were participating the the Warrior Beach Retreat for wounded warriors for one full week. We loved it! It was beautiful. The beach was gorgeous and the pools were wonderful! Cannot say enough about this place. We will be returning in the spring with our children. The staff and facilities were outstanding as well! :)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Tom D, VP of Operations Emerald View Resorts at Shores of Panama Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Thank you for providing us with your feedback. We appreciate that you chose to stay with us and look forward to your return in the future.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

For most condo's and hotels we stay at in beach resorts, you don't have to pay for the amenities. Just keep this in mind when you book.

The Good:
Considering the size of the condo, parking wasn't an issue for us even after arriving at 11pm or later some nights. The location of the condo was superb with most attractions nearby, some were within walking distance. The pool was great but has a bad taste to the water by Thursday after all the people are in it all week. I love the music they provide in the pool area during the day. The room was extremely clean and well done including the balcony.

The Bad:
My sandals were stolen the day I arrived and later learned you can't leave anything unattended for just a few minutes. So this should help you understand some of the people that stay here. The hot tub by the pool is a hot water pool basically. With all the kids in it splashing around, you can't relax in it at all. The rules state no kids under 12 I believe without an adult but this obviously goes unchecked.
Beach chairs are rarely available, most people try and reserve them with towels and security did remove these in the morning. Security never comes back through so people just put the towels back on them. I'd just move the towels off and sit there anyways, but this will cause problems soon.
Elevators are another disaster. With Saturdays excluded because its expected for them to be busy, the elevators were not quick enough for the size of the building. They have 6 elevators I believe for the whole building that is 23 floors high. 1 of the elevators was broke for 2 days and waiting 20 minutes for the elevator that day was not unheard of. We took the stairs often but I pity anyone how can't handle stairs and has to wait. I think they should have an elevator for floors 1-10 and one for 11-23 in each area.

Room Tip: Try to park on same level as your room. If you want a beach chair go early in the morning.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ThreeWiseMen1998

Thank you for providing us your feedback. We do strive to exceed our guest expectations from the time they arrive to their departure. If you would take a minute and give me a call I’d truly appreciate it. Phone number 850-249-1244 then press two.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

I have to say that that this resort has the best pool on PC beach hands down! My family and I have stayed in several of the newer high rise condos on the beach over the past several years, and we all agree about this pool! We stayed for a couple of nights as this was a short stay, and we really did not want to leave. The front desk personnel greeted us warmly and were very nice and helpful. Our room was a 1 bedroom 1 bunk 2 bath condo. It was very clean. The view of the pool and beach were stunning. We stayed by the pool the majority of the time, but did enjoy the beach in the mornings and evenings. Our two children stayed in the pool the ENTIRE full day we were there. We did not even go to the room! The grill by the pool was fantastic!! It was very fresh! The prices were not terrible. Very worth it. This pool has a very tropical feel, with lush landscaping, fountains and bridges that go over the pool itself! It will NOT disappoint! We will definitely be returning to this resort! If you want to relax in a clean, tropical oasis... This is it! Hope this review helps! :-)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Tom D, VP of Opeations Emerald View Management at Shores of Panama Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Thank you for providing the nice review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to returning in the future.

Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

Don't know why I am wasting more time talking about this . I just want people I know how dishonest this hotel really is they will delete any review that isn't a four star warning further travelers or the madness that really goes on there. There are Biden fees and the pool is not even include in your stay here it's an additional daily fee with cheesy waist bans they make you wear and if that isn't bad enough the pool is too small for 4,000 people and there are only about 150 chairs to sit down. We had a terrible time with only one work elevator the whole trip and the room next to use had a jackhammer drill drilling throughout our stay keeping our baby awake . No parking spots and poorly ran place . Don't waste your time and they let the dj play rap music very loud by the pool till 11 pm . Not a good family place ...

• Stayed: June 2013
Tom D, P of Opeations Emerald View Resorts at Shores of Panama Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Thank you for providing us with your feedback. Please take a minute and give me a call. I’d appreciate the opportunity to discuss your experience further. Call Emerald View Resorts direct: 1-850-249-1244 then press 2 - just ask for Tom Donohue

Reviewed 18 September 2013

Upon arrival we went to the front desk and obtained a wristband that allows access to the amenities for $26 a day. I was informed of this fee in advance. I knew we were also coming in after the peak season (I would expect things to be shut down maybe in october, but its still really hot in september) What i wasn't informed of is the internet outage, the tiki bar and grill not being open at the beginning of the week ( assumably no one gets hungry or thirsty by the pool in the beginning of the week) shaved ice wasn't open, someone parked in our reserved parking space, and the swimming closes too early at 10 pm. Still I was expected to pay this fee in whole as If I was getting full amenities. On the other hand, the condo was beautiful, the place is clean, the views of the gulf and the pool were spectacular. They need to lose the amenity fee if everything is not going to be open/ functioning. I won't stay here again because of this fee.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Karen C
Tom D, VP of Operations Emerald View Resorts at Shores of Panama Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Reviewed 16 September 2013

very nice pool ,staff and view but condo need improvement-dirty carpet and old furniture. but overall was nice experience.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank wrozka
Tom D, VP of Operations Emerald View Management at Shores of Panama Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Thank you for providing us your feedback. We do strive to exceed our guest expectations from the time they arrive to their departure. If you would take a minute and give me a call to let me know what unit you stayed in I’d truly appreciate it. Phone number 850-249-1244 then press two

Reviewed 16 September 2013

My friend and I had a great experience as soon as we walked in the door. We were greeted by Wanda at the front desk, she was friendly and helpful. We spent everyday by the pool or beach - both of which were very clean. The food at the bar and grill at the pool was excellent. The room was clean, in fact, the whole building was clean.
The security working was also friendly and helpful, always giving us advice and directions when asking for where to go In Panama City Beach.
We saw a lot of families, it seems like a great place to bring your family or purchase a condo!
The night before we left we visited with Richard from Emerald View Management at the front desk. I could tell that he takes a lot of pride in his business - I work in the hospitality industry as well and can know quality when I see it.
I Highly recommend this place!

• Stayed: September 2013
Tom D, VP of Operations at Shores of Panama Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Thank you for taking time to write this nice review. We know that you have a lot of resorts to choose from and appreciate that you chose to stay at Shores. We’re glad that you enjoyed your vacation and look forward to you returning in the future.